closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sons of Anarchy...

Master

Sons of Anarchy...

Back on this again. I watched season 1 & 2 ages ago then wandered off to something else.

I am now giving it another run and just into season 4 - and thank God 3 is out the way!! Good ending (Stahl and Jimmy) but just how bad were the Irish accents through that season??
    I thought Jax was shite with his American accent that couldn't decide which coast it came from, but those pretend "Oirush" were next level!

Apologies for being about 6 years behind on my telly by the way... I did find a SoA thread but it was from 2012!

Haha yes the irish ones were awful! Loved the series as a whole.

Talking about bad accents, we are watching Orphan Black.. not too bad but the accents are crap, i was looking for car registrations so i could find out where they were supposed to be!

Here is a strange idea, why don't they just cast someone who is genuinely from the place they are supposed to be? Call me crazy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Here is a strange idea, why don't they just cast someone who is genuinely from the place they are supposed to be? Call me crazy!

Amen to that!!! America has a pretty big talent pool - but lead roles in loads of series' go to none American actors. House, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, The Mentalist...and plenty more. Some good accents and some bad, but was it really necessary?
    I get that some actors can do a damn good accent, but (and here's the thing) it only takes one word, or one syllable even, to be dropped for the illusion to be shattered. I thought House was shockingly bad (I'm in a minority, I know).

Journeyman
    I really enjoyed SoA,

To the point i was almost thinking about buying a H.D

The reason they all have Northern accents at Winterfell is because Sean Bean can only do "Sheffield" so they all had to match his. Bean's "Sheffield-American" accent in the mini-series "Missing" is amusing.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Sons is one of the best series I've ever watched, keep going each season gets better and more brutal with a superb final episode.

Still waiting for the final season to be shown here aren't we. S6 I believe?

Hope I haven't missed it!

Excellent series - up there with Prison Break and The Shield.

Master
    I have watched this before and am just into S04 with my son. It was a great series but did end up getting a little complicated and trixy! Hate to say it but felt at times like they ran out of ideas and by the end I was glad it was done.

Still loved it though......

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    Still waiting for the final season to be shown here aren't we. S6 I believe?

Hope I haven't missed it!

Excellent series - up there with Prison Break and The Shield.
    Mate i couldn't wait, here you will catch them all 1-7 and anything else your looking for , also cool for ipad and tablets ect

http://www.couchtunner.eu/watch-sons...-online-shows/

http://losmovies.io/free-movie/tt521...ons-of-anarchy

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    SOA was/is one of the best series I have watched. I agree that sometimes it got a bit convoluted but it was always worth sticking with. The Oirish episodes were arguably the worst (worst being a relative term). It's a shame they have ended but,on the other hand,it was the right time to do so.

Master
    So can you watch it and just miss out Season 3 or do you miss too much?

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    So can you watch it and just miss out Season 3 or do you miss too much?

No,you need to see season 3
    Dont worry..it's not bad,it's just not as good as all,the others.

Master
    Walked past Charlie Hunnam (Jax) in Mayfair about a year back on a quiet Sunday morning and he gave me the chin raise acknowledgement as per SOA. I was, and remain, delighted with myself! #starstruck Lolz.

Master
    Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Walked past Charlie Hunnam (Jax) in Mayfair about a year back on a quiet Sunday morning and he gave me the chin raise acknowledgement as per SOA. I was, and remain, delighted with myself! #starstruck Lolz.

Master
    Just as an aside I gather there are a couple of spin-offs on the way, one running alongside SoA but focusing on the Mayans and then a prequel about "The First Nine". Probably a pale shadow of the original series but worth a look to anyone having withdrawal symptoms!

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Just as an aside I gather there are a couple of spin-offs on the way, one running alongside SoA but focusing on the Mayans and then a prequel about "The First Nine". Probably a pale shadow of the original series but worth a look to anyone having withdrawal symptoms!
    These sound interesting, and especially the prequel.
    Thanks for the heads up, will keep my eyes peeled

Enjoyed it because of the bike thing
    Nowt like real life but watchable
    Although I could see traits in some of the characters that I know in some of my associates
    Ending was crap ( won't spoil it for others)
    Curt Suters character was mad
    Don't know why but found jazz mother hot ( defiantly not my type )

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ragerover View Post
    I keep seeing her as Leela from Futurama!

Quote Originally Posted by ragerover View Post
    There is something about her for sure. Also Maggie Siff is nice, she went on to be Paul Giamatti's wife in Billions

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    SOA was/is one of the best series I have watched. I agree that sometimes it got a bit convoluted but it was always worth sticking with. The Oirish episodes were arguably the worst (worst being a relative term). It's a shame they have ended but,on the other hand,it was the right time to do so.
    Agreed.

I was both glad they ended it on a high but also sorry that the rollercoaster had come to an end.

A great cast and some really likeable characters, with a script that was (for the most part) well written.

Lastly, it was great to see Peggy from Married with Children playing such a bad-ass.

Craftsman
    I'm very jealous of anyone that gets to watch SOA for the first time. One of the finest shows to have ever been on TV. That said, the Irish season was my least favourite, other than the Irish countryside shots.

Craftsman
    Wow some of you really like over acted cheesy tv! I enjoyed it for what was but its no where near the finest to of all time.

Master
    I did love it, but it started to get so unnecessarily brutal that I gave up. A bit like Orange is the New Black which I adored, but gave up when it's central theme was 'bimbo-behind-bars-sex-scene'.

Now, when anyone asks me how I view lesbians, my answer is 'in HD ideally' but when it's the only thing stringing a series together (and it's really tough to masturbate on the sofa with my wife watching the telly) I feel that it's not required.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJam View Post
    Mate i couldn't wait, here you will catch them all 1-7 and anything else your looking for , also cool for ipad and tablets ect

http://www.couchtunner.eu/watch-sons...-online-shows/

http://losmovies.io/free-movie/tt521...ons-of-anarchy
    Maybe I'm a bit too cautious, but how safe is it to register with either of these websites?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit too cautious, but how safe is it to register with either of these websites?
    Hi Mate,

No you dont have to register and i have never, that just a pop up window, quite hard to explain but if your pressing play and its asking you to register thats the pop up window so try pressing the title name not the play button.

I have used both for a while for movies and TV series for the past 2 years and never had any issues other than some of the links not working.

you can scroll down and read some of the feedback on each episode/ movie ect, both my sons and wife use them on there ipads for TV series.

I think it's all on Amazon prime and sky boxsets.

It does get silly violent towards the end and the last episode is a bit.... I'm not totally sure but a bit something. Cheesy, awesome, shocking and others all at once.

Some of the scenes in the later series are truly shocking in the proper sense of the word and it was a fun watch

Some of it daft, some funny, some great and Maggie siff is super hot
    Last edited by acg; 28th July 2016 at 07:48.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJam View Post
    Hi Mate,

No you dont have to register and i have never, that just a pop up window, quite hard to explain but if your pressing play and its asking you to register thats the pop up window so try pressing the title name not the play button.

I have used both for a while for movies and TV series for the past 2 years and never had any issues other than some of the links not working.

you can scroll down and read some of the feedback on each episode/ movie ect, both my sons and wife use them on there ipads for TV series.
    Thanks very much. I'll give it another go.

Sky boxsets and Netflix have all 7 series. I binge-watched the whole lot - really enjoyable series, with a more intricate storyline and underlying messages than you might realise on initial viewing and I thought the ending was perfectly apt.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was about half way through the second series before I worked out who Sam Crow was, and why we never saw him.

Banned
    do you chaps ride bikes?

to me its unbearably bad to watch [so I don't] as for people who wear SOA tees that's way beyond me.

you are better of going to the Bulldog Bash for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    do you chaps ride bikes?

to me its unbearably bad to watch [so I don't] as for people who wear SOA tees that's way beyond me.

Yes I'm a biker but I don't watch it for the motorcycle chase scenes or anything, which are few and far between, it's about the characters and plot really.

Master
    do you chaps ride bikes?

I used to watch Coronation Street, but as a Northern lad I found it, too, lacked the gritty realism of Manchester life. Can you believe a tram has never even derailed and crashed through my local bar?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I used to watch Coronation Street, but as a Northern lad I found it, too, lacked the gritty realism of Manchester life. Can you believe a tram has never even derailed and crashed through my local bar?
    Very fair point

do you chaps ride bikes?

Yep
    And have done for over 30 yrs

Bulldog is quite tame naw
    As for those with SOA Tshirts
    Every time I see someone wearing one I make them take it off

Top n bottom rocker is disrespectful unless you've earned it
    Maggots