closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Omega Box

Master

New Omega Box

Okay.... :-)

It was mentioned in another thread how it was possible to buy new, genuine, Omega watch boxes direct from Swatch in the UK. Well after my good lady had a 'tidy up' and chucked my SMP watch box in the bin (!!!) I thought it best to source a replacement. Now a genuine 1980s would have been good but failing that a new replacement would have to do. So in March I contacted swatch in the UK for a new box. Spoke to a nice lady that said no problem. Took my details and said she'd get one ordered. 5-6 weeks go buy and no word. Another phone call (they are very hard to contact... invariably emails aren't answered and even phone calls often never get picked up!)... 'oh yes... we have to take payment up front now' - well would have been nice to have been told! Anyway I gave my card number (£50) and was assured it would be sorted. Time rolls on and it gets to mid June. I try an email 'Yes we have the box <again why wasn't I told> but I need payment'. What? So I send over proof of payment. I don't hear anything back but on Friday last week the box arrives....

Well for fifty quid I'm impressed! A very shiny wooden box complete with watch bag, wallet for warranty cards etc...

Four months delivery is a little on the long side but worth the wait I feel.

Nice box, crap service.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't selling boxes just support the fakers?

Banned
    What a bunch of amateur twits...

Nice box though.

I didn't know you can order boxes from them... Interesting. Do they at least ask you for any proof that you have an Omega watch or anything like that ?

Typical of the type of service you tend to get in any sector from a wholesaler / distributor having a stab at retail but not really properly set up for it.

Good outcome, though, eventually - you must be chuffed with that for the money.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    I didn't know you can order boxes from them... Interesting. Do they at least ask you for any proof that you have an Omega watch or anything like that ?
    No proof required... I gave them the story (box thrown away etc..) but they didn't ask for any proof as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post

Good outcome, though, eventually - you must be chuffed with that for the money.
    It sure is pretty isn't it! ;-)

Seems amazing they don't ask for proof of ownership. Seems open to abuse... although anybody ordering may get quite bored waiting!

I managed to get a replacement box for my tissot when that for tidied up. I got it FoC via the jewellers I bought the watch at, but they still wanted to see the receipt.
    I think it's astonishing you can get an official box with no PoP. Add said earlier a questionable fake in a genuine box will pads the test for a lot of buyers!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    £50 is reasonable.......but frankly I think it looks like a bloody coffin!

I assume you had a talk to the missus regarding the folly of her action!

Paul

Craftsman
    A very fair price paid for the box. Congrats. Now I wonder if I can get a replacement card for my SMP300.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geran View Post
    Nice box, crap service.
    I've heard that before (sorry just couldn't resist). I have had decent contact with Omega regards servicing though. Perhaps box replacement is a different department.

Journeyman
    Love the look of this box. Much prefer it to the red one

Undeniably smart, though the 'wood' does look more like that on a 1979 W123 E-Class. Rather than on a 1986 Daimler Double Six. Is it German made? Though for 50 quid can't go wrong. Well done.

Makes a mockery of the £15 service pouches that pop up on SC.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Craftsman
    Thank god they have finally come up with a new box. Hopefully this will replace the current red box for all standard timepieces. That red one was so out of date and if you spend 3-5k on a watch I feel you are entitled to a better box than the red one.

Banned
    Thanks to the OP for doing this "research". I have a stack of fake Omega watches that I can now flog on ebay. These boxes will give them a lot more cred. Awesome!

Only problem with these new boxes are they weigh a ton so postage has gone through the roof as everything Omega is over 2kg now! :-).
    Had one with my Tintin and it is a nice box, much better than the old peeling red ones.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Box will look great in the attic!

Master
    Actually, it's nice to know that these giant boxes only add £50 to the price of the watch. If it was any more expensive than that, I think I'd rather have a smaller box and a cheaper watch!

Master
    and you buy one you get one free!

Just turned up....

[IMG][/IMG]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post

Just turned up....

[IMG][/IMG]
    Imminent sales corner thread? ;)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Imminent sales corner thread? ;)

Possibly... don't know whether to play the good guy or not. tbh they made such a cock up ordering in the first place I'm tempted to say bums to them.
    Last edited by solwisesteve; 2nd August 2016 at 10:56.

Master
    Possibly... don't whether to play the good guy or not. tbh they made such a cock up ordering in the first place I'm tempted to say bums to them.
    Well it sounds like they wasted a lot of ur time. Their time is always charged for.

Apprentice
    Nice looking box

Craftsman

Just turned up....

[IMG][/IMG]
    Hi
    I would be happy to pay what you paid for the box, my idiotic Other half has managed to misplace my SM300 box, she insists its in the house but I would put money on it that it's gone to the charity shop down the road.

Mark

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ml.williams View Post
    Hi
    I would be happy to pay what you paid for the box, my idiotic Other half has managed to misplace my SM300 box, she insists its in the house but I would put money on it that it's gone to the charity shop down the road.

Mark
    Cancel my last, a very kind forum member has offered me a correct inner and outer box,

for 50 quid, that is a cracking box.

Master
    What's the suede-y card on the left for (in the last picture of the first set)?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    No idea... it's not present in my other Omega watch boxes.

Master
    I think it is a cover for the bit where you can drop in warranty cards or spare links or whatever. They have actually tried to make this box relatively useful but it is a shame they now weigh the same as a small moon. As noted above, selling a modern Omega is going to lead to a shock when you realise that the cost to send one of these via RMSD with £2500 insurance will be approaching £30.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I think it is a cover for the bit where you can drop in warranty cards or spare links or whatever. They have actually tried to make this box relatively useful but it is a shame they now weigh the same as a small moon. As noted above, selling a modern Omega is going to lead to a shock when you realise that the cost to send one of these via RMSD with £2500 insurance will be approaching £30.
    I thought it was some sort of polishing cloth.. That's what I used it for anyway :)

Master
    I thought it was some sort of polishing cloth.. That's what I used it for anyway :)
    There is a fabric pouch stored in the pocket over the other side as well which could be used as a polishing cloth I guess. It is rather a nice box to be fair. I love mine, just don't have the space to use it!

Master
    Very nice indeed - congrats - looks great!

Just thought that I'd give this thread a bump in case anybody is looking for a new Omega box...