closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartier Price Increase On the Way - will they all follow?

Journeyman

Cartier Price Increase On the Way - will they all follow?

So thought I would share my little bit of insider info into the TZ arena and hope it helps some people.

Cartier have issued a letter to all retailers in the Uk informing them of an immediate price increase. This is been said to be approximately 10% across the board, but sure some will be less and some more.

They were emailing the new price lists to AD's today as one I deal with informed me - this is from the owner of the shop too so.

Now will all the other follow suit so quickly! The dust hasn't even settles after the massive stock fluctuations and may not even have in a week or two - premature?
    Last edited by Jonathan_Brett; 29th June 2016 at 21:00.

I guess you can thank Nigel for that!

Master
    There was a price increase due in June anyway. I was told this around 12 weeks ago, but was informed it would be only on their jewellery. Is it definitely on their watches as well?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    I guess you can thank Nigel for that!
    Nigel?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_Brett View Post
    Nigel?
    Farage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    There was a price increase due in June anyway. I was told this around 12 weeks ago, but was informed it would be only on their jewellery. Is it definitely on their watches as well?
    Yes, I knew the same as you but this is why I mentioned it as wasn't expected ok watches.

Hope this helps people.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RG1825 View Post
    Farage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah... Love it - Nice

Retailers say a lot of things; we'll see. ;)

Don't forget that Cartier is experiencing such a sales decline lately that they're resorting to destroying unsold stock.
    Last edited by Belligero; 30th June 2016 at 09:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post

Don't forget that Cartier is experiencing such a sales decline lately that they're resorting to destroying unsold stock.
    maybe they were hoping someone would post a 10% price increase on a forum to boost short term sales ;)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by troymcclure72 View Post
    maybe they were hoping someone would post a 10% price increase on a forum to boost short term sales ;)
    Maybe... But not often I am wrong on this stuff. Opps put my neck on the chopping block with that comment 

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post

True we will see... I'll share the new list when it comes through for all too. 😁 Maybe ...

Master
    True we will see... I'll share the new list when it comes through for all too.  Maybe ...
    Meow, thank you.

Master
    Maybe... But not often I am wrong on this stuff. Opps put my neck on the chopping block with that comment 
    It was want in humour... but yeah you're on the chopping block now! :)

Not sure what they hope to gain? Make their product more exclusive? But given they are struggling to sell anything at the mo, it's a curious strategy. It's not a brand I'm particularly interested in anyway, but let's hope the rest do not follow!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Meow, thank you.
    Ok so have the new uk price list, God I am good. How do I share and upload on here?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by troymcclure72 View Post
    It was want in humour... but yeah you're on the chopping block now! :)

Not sure what they hope to gain? Make their product more exclusive? But given they are struggling to sell anything at the mo, it's a curious strategy. It's not a brand I'm particularly interested in anyway, but let's hope the rest do not follow!

I know it was in jest and thought I would make a statement in writing about always being right. Which may I add I am. I have the new list.

Winning!

Agree I hope not too but will let you all know as I do. I am quite connect you know lol 🙈

Master
    Ok so have the new uk price list, God I am good. How do I share and upload on here?
    Most people would photo the list, upload the photo to a free image hosting site like imgur or thumbsnap, then paste the forum link code in their post.

A guide to posting pictures

In my view it will be very interesting to see how pricing plays out amongst the major international sellers.

On one hand, currency puts on pressure for a rise BUT on the other hand, the massive economic impact of Brexit (Carney is fueling the heavy bombers as of today's BoE statement) will mean softening demand, this pressure for no change.

And we know that there is enough margin in there to ride out a bit of currency volatility....

I think it would be a brave firm that ups lux pricing in a climate where interest rates are under immediate downward pressure.

What am I missing with this armchair analysis?

Cartier prices have gone up , check on their website. (between 7-10%)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Most people would photo the list, upload the photo to a free image hosting site like imgur or thumbsnap, then paste the forum link code in their post.

A guide to posting pictures
    Thank you