closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SBBN017, keep or trade

Seiko SBBN017, keep or trade

Good evening everyone. I've been away for some time so I've lost touch somewhat. I can't quite decide so I'm hoping to get your views and opinions to help me decide, what would you do if you were in my shoes.

I've got a Seiko SBBN017, purchased brand new from Japan late last year, probably around the time that the model was discontinued.

I'm being offered a minty 6306, all original except for the bezel insert plus some cash in exchange for the SBBN017.

Should I do it?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by TopCat; 30th June 2016 at 13:39.

Master
    For me, I'd keep the Tuna-.... Just because I'd prefer it- really depends on what you want, how does it fit in with the rest of you watches or will t be you daily wearer?

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    For me, I'd keep the Tuna-.... Just because I'd prefer it- really depends on what you want, how does it fit in with the rest of you watches or will t be you daily wearer?
    Probably won't be a daily wearer. Most likely it'll stay in the watch box and I'll take it out once in a while.

Thanks for your reply.

Non-original 6306 bezel insert would put me off. I'd wait for 100% original.

Keep keep keep keep
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Keep keep keep keep
    I'm not a Seiko fan in any way, so as a voice of reason, got to agree!

I'd trade as you really don't see many 6306's about. A bif of a faff but you can always pick up a 6309 with original insert to swap over.

Are you specifically looking fir a 6306? If not you may be better offering the tuna for for trade on SC and see whats offered

Come to think of it i would like a tuna ;)

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Non-original 6306 bezel insert would put me off. I'd wait for 100% original.
    Pretty much this all the way.

Thanks for all the responses.

Master
    I have a 6306 which one of my favourite watches and I'm not sure I'd ever sell it, but in March I bought my first genuine Tuna (ignoring the TST modified 6309 I owned briefly), a 015 and the 6306 has largely been ignored ever since. If I had to pick one now I'd have to toss a coin for it.

They are two very different watches and only share the fact that they are both Seiko divers and command similar prices. The difference in case shape is obvious but one is quartz and almost new and will probably run with just battery changes for the next 20 years. The other is a vintage automatic and may be in imminent need of a service now or in the next few years. I wouldn't worry about the insert as you can pick up a good s/h one from a 6309 easily enough.