closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather

Weather

It was warmer and dryer last Christmas Day than it was today.

What's that all about?

Well I guess it's about climate change. I've read somewhere that the rising temperatures worldwide will result in the UK weather getting warmer and wetter.

Nice.

We got 40-43c here for a few days
    Now back to 35

Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    Now back to 35
    Well, it's probably double that on Mars but hardly relevant to the OP, if I may be so bold.

To the OP. I thought last year (and all previous in living memory) was bad but this is taking the meteorological biscuit. We really do get the government, football team & weather we deserve.

I feel your pain. Emigrate.

Now back to 35
    Where are you in Cornwall ?????

Master
    Blog Entries
    Total crap here in the West Midlands, so cold I had to put the heating on. I ask you heating, and its more or less July.

The last hot and dry summer we had here was when we were expecting our first child as my wife suffered whilst heavily pregnant. That child is 13 in a few weeks.

Absolute bollocks weather.

Now back to 35
    Lived near Limmasol for a couple of years. We arrived in the middle of a heat wave in June 2000, even the locals were moaning about the heat! No air con in our house either! We used to go for a drive in the car just to cool down...

Tom

Master
    Currently deep down in south west England and it's rained every day over the last 2 weeks bar 2 days when the sun shone but it never got really warm. The evenings are bleedin' cold.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Total crap here in the West Midlands, so cold I had to put the heating on. I ask you heating, and its more or less July.

To our shame we have had the heating on for the last couple of days. Not really the cold, more the damp.

The garden/lawn however is looking lovely

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Well, it's probably double that on Mars but hardly relevant to the OP, if I may be so bold.

To the OP. I thought last year (and all previous in living memory) was bad but this is taking the meteorological biscuit. We really do get the government, football team & weather we deserve.

I feel your pain. Emigrate.
    Bold indeed

Master
    I've only cycled to work once this year in just shirt sleeves (short 2 mile cycle) - that a good measure of the dire weather

Grim here in Essex not raining just overcast, could be any month from April to October. My golf course is wet, wet, wet!

Wetter than the front row of a One Direction concert this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Currently deep down in south west England and it's rained every day over the last 2 weeks bar 2 days when the sun shone but it never got really warm. The evenings are bleedin' cold.
    Don't worry, the data being produced by our Climate Change pushing Met Office shows that the UK is having a well above average temperature June. One of the hottest on record actually.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/h...info_mean.html

Kind of makes you welcome Global Warming, just think how cold it would feel if this hadn't have happened.

Perhaps they should check their algorithm adjustments to the actual data!

Still, they tell us all the the changes to the adjustments to the raw data are to make them more accurate.

So our perception that it has been a rather bad June, with colder temperatures, is all wrong, it is hotter baby, one of the hottest ever June's actually.

Depends what you trust, your perception and memory or their adjustments.

Mitch

Still wearing the shorts down here.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Don't worry, the data being produced by our Climate Change pushing Met Office shows that the UK is having a well above average temperature June. One of the hottest on record actually.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/h...info_mean.html

Kind of makes you welcome Global Warming, just think how cold it would feel if this hadn't have happened.

Perhaps they should check their algorithm adjustments to the actual data!

Still, they tell us all the the changes to the adjustments to the raw data are to make them more accurate.

So our perception that it has been a rather bad June, with colder temperatures, is all wrong, it is hotter baby, one of the hottest ever June's actually.

Depends what you trust, your perception and memory or their adjustments.

Mitch
    Is this the full link, please: www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/hadcet/cet_info_mean.html?
    Last edited by PickleB; 30th June 2016 at 16:57.

+1 for emigrate then call yourself an expat not an immigrant.
    Still a little bit connected to UK here

By the way looking out of my office this is what partly cloudy looks like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    By the way looking out of my office this is what partly cloudy looks like...
    The weather forecasters must be desperate for things they can differentiate

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The weather forecasters must be desperate for things they can differentiate
    Those little clouds could be the first sign of something coming: link...but nothing too drastic.

Boiling in Dereham Naarfuk today, well, 22.5! Still enough to give the BBC/Met Office deniers the vapors. Trouble is being at the wrong end of a hedgecutter took the shine off this brief window of early spring weather.
    Statistics & damn lies. This has got to have been the worst spring/summer ever. Apart from a freak FEW days, it has been mid/high teens only since April.
    It's important to remember though just how far north we are, same as Moscow. They do get hot summers though as they are not at the mercy of chaotic Atlantic weather systems and get bathed in warm rising continental air masses this time if year.

The most infuriating thing about weather forecasters' is their refusal to tell it like it is, ie: very disappointing for the time of year and my particular favourite, when, they are forced on the odd rare occasion of impending warm sunshine: Make the most of it.

Has anyone heard them even mention the summer word yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Boiling in Dereham Naarfuk today, well, 22.5! Still enough to give the BBC/Met Office deniers the vapors. Trouble is being at the wrong end of a hedgecutter took the shine off this brief window of early spring weather.
    Statistics & damn lies. This has got to have been the worst spring/summer ever. Apart from a freak FEW days, it has been mid/high teens only since April.
    It's important to remember though just how far north we are, same as Moscow. They do get hot summers though as they are not at the mercy of chaotic Atlantic weather systems and get bathed in warm rising continental air masses this time if year.

The most infuriating thing about weather forecasters' is their refusal to tell it like it is, ie: very disappointing for the time of year and my particular favourite, when, they are forced on the odd rare occasion of impending warm sunshine: Make the most of it.

Has anyone heard them even mention the summer word yet?
    I HATE that they smile when they show you how shit it's going to be......again.

I agree with you, I can't remember a worse 'summer' ever. I feel for my kids who don't know what good weather is. I've made a point this year of counting the number of warm / semi-summer days and absolute out-and-out hot days where it's hot all day with a lovely warm evening.

As of today (the day before July starts) we've had three warm / semi-summer / cloudy days and not one single hot summer day.

I remember at the end of January people complaining about what a mild January it had been. Hope they've been happy since.

The weather may be disagreeable, but at least i can console myself with the forecast being delivered by the delectable and fragrant Lucy Verasamy, a more pleasant image on which to rest ones gaze late of an evening you couldn`t hope to wish for.
    That cheeky little smile she gives at the end of each forecast is - i`m sure - especially for me..

It's so cold in the house tonight. This must be the coldest I've ever been in June / July :(

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    +1 for emigrate then call yourself an expat not an immigrant.
    Still a little bit connected to UK here

That wouldn't suit me at all.

Although I much prefer our southern climate I find daily temperatures like that very depressing.

Slathering yourself up with SPF 50, air con on full blast, making sure you park under a tree.....

Pleasantly warm is good for me.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Time for 30 miles on the road bike. Hmmm....... windy, already had a downpour. No good whimpering, extra layer, hack bike out, off we go for a bracing ride and a glow on the cheeks when having a post ride pint. You can't change weather and shouldn't let it stop you doing things.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    I had my wood burning stove blazing last night. Being in process of building and extension we've not had a roof for a few days...typically days with torrential downpours. Very stressful beginning of 'summer'

Torrential rain here again today. We're going out to celebrate our wedding anniversary or rather we were until the weather spoiled it.....again!

Will have to see what it's like later before deciding as no point the good lady spending time getting ready to just get rained on as soon as we leave the house.

It's the local annual Chilli Festival here today - washed out.

Great Britain? You're having a laugh.

Depressing bollocks.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 2nd July 2016 at 12:21.

Ha ha it's sunny in Cornwall hold on no it's raining no it's sunny again no ignore that it's raining again. Well quite normal weather for the south west I suppose

Just sat outside the Dabbling Duck in Great Massingham up in Norfolk, took the last bite of my steak sandwich in the sunshine, at which point the heavens opened so I'm sat in the snug with the next beer. It's all about adapting to your environment! 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Time for 30 miles on the road bike. Hmmm....... windy, already had a downpour. No good whimpering, extra layer, hack bike out, off we go for a bracing ride and a glow on the cheeks when having a post ride pint. You can't change weather and shouldn't let it stop you doing things.
    That's the spirit!

Well said Bob.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Garden thermometer in the direct sunshine earlier read 33deg here in sunny coastal Suffolk! 3 sunny boot sales this morning, 4 mile beach hike sans mutts this afternoon, so all's well wiv my world today.

If I may, the 'dont let the weather stop you doing things' bit is all well & good but try having a street fair or any long planned outside event, last Sunday for example. A total washout waste of time for the organizers, sellers & sparse bedraggled shoppers!

A brief respite but not looking good next week due to these seemingly endless low pressure Atlantic weather systems coming at us.........and the nights are drawing in........

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Torrential rain here again today. We're going out to celebrate our wedding anniversary or rather we were until the weather spoiled it.....again!

Will have to see what it's like later before deciding as no point the good lady spending time getting ready to just get rained on as soon as we leave the house.

It's the local annual Chilli Festival here today - washed out.

Great Britain? You're having a laugh.

Depressing bollocks.
    We did go out and had a cracking night but we did have to cancel all of our original plans due to the rain.

We were talking about the night with people today and I couldn't remember having a starter in the restaurant!!!!

Shit here again today, feels like April? The lights are on and I'm wearing a coat to go out!

June was duller and wetter than average: Weather for the week ahead...and to cheer you up, I heard mention of an overnight grass frost in places on the radio this morning.

Torrential rain for two days now and yesterday was really cold.

Dark & threatening all day here till about 4. Nice to see The Hiddleswifts frolicking in the north Atlantic off Rhode Island. Try that here in the north sea in July & they'll be gettin the body bags ready.

Is it me, or driving around, have the trees/hedgerows got an autumnal hue to 'em......?

Just about to go up the local for a couple of pints, but noticed it's sunny now, so f*** that in case I get burned. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Pleasantly warm here in the Big Smoke, perfect for a bit of topless fun.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

33C here at the moment, however tomorrow we have a typhoon coming that has been graded as a super typhoon so it'll be 24hrs of sitting around indoors with cat 4 or 5 hurricane wind and rain lashing the place.
    Sometimes I miss the UK weather.

Nice yesterday, lovely today.

Had to put sun cream on the dog's beak when I took her out!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Nice yesterday, lovely today.

Had to put sun cream on the dog's beak when I took her out!
    Dry today (for now) but not warm enough to sit out. Sky still a white blanket.

Dry today (for now) but not warm enough to sit out. Sky still a white blanket.
    That sounds so dismal.

I just had a look at the local weather for Northumberland, it's 14 degrees.

22 here at the moment.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

That sounds so dismal.

I just had a look at the local weather for Northumberland, it's 14 degrees.

22 here at the moment.
    Neil it has barely been 14 degrees in all of June or July. Last year was the worst summer I could ever remember but so far this one is much worse. As I said further up the thread, we've only had a couple of decent days and not a single proper summer day. Last year we didn't have a single BBQ and it's the same so far this year.

My in-laws had their garden completely landscaped and re-built over the winter but they've not even bothered buying new furniture for it because it just won't get used. Like us they've not had one day to sit out yet.

I'm really sick of it now, the kids aren't getting to enjoy a decent summer. The last great one was the year my eldest was born - 2003!

Nice and hot here this morning whilst having breakfast, though back to the UK tomorrow.

Regards.

Keith.

In a few weeks I'll be sitting right here - can't wait:

Neil it has barely been 14 degrees in all of June or July. Last year was the worst summer I could ever remember but so far this one is much worse. As I said further up the thread, we've only had a couple of decent days and not a single proper summer day. Last year we didn't have a single BBQ and it's the same so far this year.

My in-laws had their garden completely landscaped and re-built over the winter but they've not even bothered buying new furniture for it because it just won't get used. Like us they've not had one day to sit out yet.

I'm really sick of it now, the kids aren't getting to enjoy a decent summer. The last great one was the year my eldest was born - 2003!
    It is a shame.

Hope it perks up for you and the kids when the school holidays start and maybe an Indian Summer?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

It is a shame.

Hope it perks up for you and the kids when the school holidays start and maybe an Indian Summer?
    Cheers Neil. See the pics in my post (#46) above, we have this to look forward to - the kids are hyper!

Cheers Neil. See the pics in my post (#46) above, we have this to look forward to - the kids are hyper!
    I should think it's not just the kids that are hyper, looks great.

Enjoy.

Keith.

Looks cracking!

Enjoy yourselves.
    Cheers,
    Neil.