closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up - Loake's sale in Debs again!

Heads up - Loake's sale in Debs again!

Be quick as they went fast last time.

http://www.debenhams.com/sale/men/shoes-boots/loake

Thank you.

I have just binned a few old pairs of 'tired' shoes, so now have a replacement set on the way.
    Not many sizes available already....

Blog Entries
    Pair of black Oxfords duly ordered, £3.95 for next day delivery is pretty good!
    Many thanks for the heads-up, much appreciated.

Master
    Great heads up, some nice suede brogues heading their way to the store for me to collect!

Many thanks

Master
    Cheers for this. Ordered a pair of Oxfords as well which, looking at the original price, should come from their Made in England range?

Bargain! Saved 90 odd quid on a pair of suede chukka boots

Cheers; all Loaked up for delivery next week!

Master
    Anyone know how these wear width wise? I've got girly D width feet. I'm guessing they're around F/G which is the most common

To add, the boots are 1880, lined ones. Wasn't sure on ordering. Beautiful things. Might buy another few pairs and that's me sorted till I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Anyone know how these wear width wise? I've got girly D width feet. I'm guessing they're around F/G which is the most common
    I don't have particularly wide feet but I find the F fitting far too narrow and the Gs perfect.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    I've got relatively wide feet mate and the Oxfords are F width. Plenty of room for me and I wouldn't go for G width.

Free delivery and returns to store so you can always take them back if the fit is no good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Cheers for this. Ordered a pair of Oxfords as well which, looking at the original price, should come from their Made in England range?
    To answer my own question the Oxfords down to £107.50 from £215 are the 1880s Made in England range.

Thanks OP. Just bagged a couple of pairs, saving £190 on RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Bargain! Saved 90 odd quid on a pair of suede chukka boots
    Damn it! I bought a pair of those same suede chukkas from a local menswear place in Eton about 2 weeks ago at full price!

Master
    Not aware of this brand, I take it they are of excellent quality?

Craftsman
    Ordered a pair of Kempton Chukka boots yesterday at half price, got a confirmation email from Debenhams, and my card was debited. Great!

Woke up to an email this morning saying sorry out of stock and they've cancelled the order. They'll refund the card payment on or around 11th July! :(

That's pretty shoddy customer service.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yes... Top banana

I have had a pair of those suede chukka boots for the last 2 years and they're great boots

Have some of their brogues too...

Master
    Just ordered some boots, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    They have different quality within the brand, there is a lot more detail on their website under the 'shop by range' header.

The 1880 is their premium range, but Debenhams can be a bit vague on letting you know which shoe is from which range.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    They have different quality within the brand, there is a lot more detail on their website under the 'shop by range' header.

The 1880 is their premium range, but Debenhams can be a bit vague on letting you know which shoe is from which range.

Yes - Debenhams also sell "loake shoemakers" (lower quality than 1880) and "design by loake" (Not sure these are even made by Loake?)

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post

Yes, the 1880's are their Bench Made in England shoes and are all goodyear welted (made in their Factory in Kettering). Not sure they do a hand grade line. "Shoemakers" are also Kettering made and "Design" and "L1" are made in the Loake factory in India. "Lifestyle" might be made in another factory.

Master
    Thanks for the heads up OP. ordered 2 pairs of boots this morning.

The 1880 range are ok at full price, better in a sale! The rest are not worth it.

Cheaney are better. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    The 1880 range are ok at full price, better in a sale! The rest are not worth it.

Yes, Cheany are generally considered better quality, but they are also around £100 per pair more expensive for the same style shoe/boot (when not on sale), so with that logic you could also say that Crocket & Jones, John Lobb and Edward Green are "better" (which would be true, although depends on your definition of better of course)

Agreed; I have a pair of Crocket & Jones which are in a different league to my Loake 1880's but they are also twice the price. As with many other things in life; choose one high quality item or several lower quality ones, according to your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Yes, Cheany are generally considered better quality, but they are also around £100 per pair more expensive for the same style shoe/boot (when not on sale), so with that logic you could also say that Crocket & Jones, John Lobb and Edward Green are "better" (which would be true, although depends on your definition of better of course)
    I tend to buy Cheaney during sales, so they don't tend to cost more than Loakes. Personally, I don't find C&J to be better quality than Cheaney, but I've only got one pair of C&J Harrys to compare.

Damn damn damn. I have some beckford chukkas that I picked up in the last debenhams sale and I bought an 8.5 as I usually take an 8.5/9. The beckfords are a leather shoe and come up a bit too big. I thought I'd be smart and order the 8 in the kempton boots and after picking them up today from my local store.......too small! Arghhhhh!!! Love them as well for half price. Really good quality. Oh well I suppose they'll be back to debenhams in the next few days for a refund. Any one with an 8.5 want to do a swap let me know!!!!

Master
    I tend to buy Cheaney during sales, so they don't tend to cost more than Loakes. Personally, I don't find C&J to be better quality than Cheaney, but I've only got one pair of C&J Harrys to compare.
    I buy all shoes during a sale and so the price differential between brands when full price is mostly preserved unless one brand is a much heavier discounter. I would agree that Loake are a rung behind Cheaney/C&J/Churches etc and then there is the above mentioned John Lobb/EG etc.

The sale Loakes I got were about £95, sale Cheaney shoes direct seem to be about £175 unless you want some colourful loafers. RRP's appear to be about £190 and £305 respectively.

Reminds me of my trip round the various outlets in Northampton when my brother lived there. John Lobb outlet price was around £400+ IIRC!

Some are no 60% off !

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Cheers; all Loaked up for delivery next week!
    Delivered, still with the £190 sticker on the sole. Very nice indeed at half price.
    SaveSave

My £70 boat shoes arrived today... They are now £50 and they still have my size! Tempted to order another pair and send the first ones back!!

Master
    Managed to get the last pair of brogues in my size in Leeds. Very nice they are too.

Master
    You snooze you lose!!! I hummed and harred and both pairs I wanted went! Teach me to dilly and dally :-(