closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon.

Master

New arrival, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon.

Right, just got the kids to bed, straight downstairs to take a look at my new arrival, a Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon. I have admired these previously but another members' WTB for a diver-on-strap, (suggestions please) type thread saw somebody reference the Seebataillon. This piqued my interest again and after a fruitless WTB, I took the plunge and bought new. First impressions are very positive but I've had a long day, and it's box fresh, so I can't give you any sort of in-depth review. I've just taken a few snaps for your delectation;

[/

Ill add some opinions once I've lived with it a while but what do you guys think?

youre a lucky man
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Congratulations. Very nice

Very smart indeed: congratulations.

Master
    I rather like that, good pick.

Congratulstions, it's a fantastic looking watch, I've nearly got involved myself on a few occasions. What's the bezel action like ?, it was one of the things I read which stopped me pulling the trigger, some mentioned that it turned really easily.

Stunning, absolutely love it.

I like that! Lovely clear dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big handsome beast that one. Looks good.

I've always loved these and have been thinking about taking the plunge this year, so it would be great to hear your more detailed impressions once you've lived with it for a little while. Congrats!

Congrats.

Looks really good.

Mitch

looks like unanimous from the community... i love those too, congrats and enjoy it

Very nice. Always liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    I rather like that, good pick.
    I think jimp might have hacked Beaunidle's account.

Craftsman
    OP, forget voting or going to work today. Bunk off and review this watch for us!

Scratch that, do vote, then review the watch for us!

Stunning timepiece that, looking forward to more photos and impressions from you. This watch is on my WTB list for the future.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely. Always fancied one of these. Interested to know your thoughts after a few weeks with it.

Master
    Yes and another thumbs up from me.
    Always liked these.
    Something a little different from the norm.
    Congratulations

Craftsman
    I have kept coming back to this thread to try and decide if I like it and I have drifted in both directions. I think I have decided it looks fab but would look awful on me!

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Beautiful watch!
    admired these for a while...

I'm a fan of Muhle & have owned a couple. Sorry to be critical, but...

There's too much bezel & GMT rehaut for my taste, making the actual dial look really small.

Why change the orientation of the GMT hours after '06' & again after '17'?
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post

So that it's the right way up. Other watches that leave the numbers facing outwards (i.e. upside down), like the DNV, also get criticised for doing that. You can't please all the people all the time

Master
    Also like that. Not a model I was familiar with. Enjoy it.

Master
    Almost bought the same one myself but the one thing that put me off was the strap and how it attaches to the lug... it kind of looks like it might be hard to find something that would fit as and alternative. Is that the case or does it look easily swappable?

Looks awesome by the way :)

Apprentice
    Very attractive indeed and something different to the norm. May i ask where you bought from?

Craftsman
    The GMT hand is really nice. The hands all seem to float on the face due to their colour.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post

I think that's the right way to do it, if you follow the numbers round with your eye it just works much better IMO.

Master
    Congrats, a lovely tool watch. Here's it's sister, Marinus GMT.

Master
    The weekend has started for me so, with a little free time on my hands and such a positive response to my thread, I'll try to answer some questions and put forward some of my observations;

Quote Originally Posted by woodruffm View Post
    Congratulstions, it's a fantastic looking watch, I've nearly got involved myself on a few occasions. What's the bezel action like ?, it was one of the things I read which stopped me pulling the trigger, some mentioned that it turned really easily.
    One of the things that detracts from the watch, IMO, is the bezel action. (I should point out though, that this watch has just displaced a DSSD from my wrist which has one of the most satisfying bezel movements on the planet). It's not that the bezel moves too easily, it has stayed in its 12 O'Clock position since I first put it on, but it's not a smooth glidey clunk which I like, more a stiff click, even feeling a little abrasive to an extent, like there is a little sand in the mechanism! It's a brand new watch, not preowned, so I hope that's not the case. It certainly shouldn't be a deal breaker though, especially if you're like me and never really use a bezel!

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Almost bought the same one myself but the one thing that put me off was the strap and how it attaches to the lug... it kind of looks like it might be hard to find something that would fit as and alternative. Is that the case or does it look easily swappable?

Looks awesome by the way :)
    I love the way the strap fits the case snugly by means of some rubber-like end links. This means that there are no gaps shown between the watch case and strap, but its articulated, making the fit all the more comfortable and forgiving. The strap and end links are held in position by screw bars (slotted heads on both sides of the watch) so DIY strap changing should be fairly straightforward, providing you have 2 small screwdrivers. I was considering putting it on a blue NATO at some stage, so I'll post some pics if that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfather View Post
    Very attractive indeed and something different to the norm. May i ask where you bought from?
    I bought the watch from a German AD Juweller Willenberg in Mainz, whom I would wholeheartedly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_esearch View Post
    The GMT hand is really nice. The hands all seem to float on the face due to their colour.
    One of the first things I noticed when I first saw the watch was how close the GMT hand sits to the dial. I actually found myself wondering if, over time, it would leave a score in the dial if it got any closer! I love a GMT complication and this extra hand is really discreet but very legible when you need it. I also like the positioning and orientation of the hour markings in the rehaut.

So far I'm loving just about everything about this watch. My Pelagos is probably my favourite, and most worn watch in my collection. So much so that I had contemplated buying a blue version to sit alongside it. The Seebataillon has changed the need for a blue version though. In the Muhle, I have a blue-faced, titanium divers watch with the added features of a GMT function and see through case-back. The rubber strap with its jointed end pieces give me a little more variation too. I love the way the larger rehaut gives the dial such a depth and the tip of the second hand extends right to the edge of the markers. I have noticed that there are many similarities to some Sinn divers too. The rubber strap and deployant on the Muhle are very similar to that found on a Sinn (857 I think) I've owned previously. The titanium case (and it's darker hue) are also very similar in texture and look to the tegimented steel Sinn cases. I know it's early days and things might change but timekeeping is around +6 secs per day so far, which is acceptable, but not great as far as I'm concerned.

So, overall then, after just 2 days, I'm very happy with my new arrival. It's a beautifully built, solid chunk of a watch that's not too light given that it's titanium, and is comfortable on the wrist with a real presence. Anybody wanting to try one should contact Timo in Mainz because mine won't be on SC for a while yet .

Master
    And now on a NATO!

Journeyman
    nice!

Craftsman
    Looks really good on the NATO!

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    And now on a NATO!

That looks great
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

That's a fantastic watch. I really like the beefy 4 o'clock crown.

Craftsman
    Stunning piece, looks great on NATO!

That is a very good looking watch ..... congratulations .....

Journeyman
    I really like this, not seen one before. Quirky but I think that it works really well, the NATO looks great too.

Apprentice
    Congrats, nice watch and nice combo with the strap - I've always liked their sports/utility watches, and lesser known than the mainstream stuff, which is always a good thing imo