closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A little help again please 1966 gents Rolex wanted.

Apprentice

A little help again please 1966 gents Rolex wanted.

Hi,
    Looking for a little help again! I am looking for a gents 1966 Rolex... For hubby's 50th birthday present in September. It would appear that he has caught the luxury watch bug, after purchasing a Rolex for our sons 18th...
    Apparently nothing else will do...not even a luxury holiday...so, here I am again.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Craftsman
    I was just looking at this earlier today. It's a stunning watch and what I would consider a good price. Good luck.

http://sonningvintagewatches.com/vin...vintage-watch/

Master
    Maybe post in the WTB forum?

Master
    1966 is a bit of a bad year if you are thinking Submariner or GMT as its a gilt dial year and for a decent example you are talking £10k minimum Ime afraid so I would steer him away from them!

Does it have to be vintage?
    A brand new one bought on his 50th would be nice too!

Lovely to hear from you again Daf,

It's a lovely idea and I'm so tempted with this idea as well but vintage watches especially Rolex can be a bit of a minefield..... There's far more knowledgeable people on here than me of these era watches..... But they are also not as practical as one not as old but perhaps last of the pre ceramic models.

I know it was a one off but if you want advice I could suggest you contact Haywood for help on this (stressing you only need info this time but as a past customer he might help you) hope he doesn't mind me suggesting this of course.....

Not necessarily birth year but a late model (pre ceramic) Seadweller is my choice (though I love a Pepsi GMT)
    You get the date but no cyclops and i think it's the classic watch to own... Though not what you asked for originally most of us here would love such a timepiece whatever age.....

If you really love him get a 1803 day date on a leather band. About £4K for a nice one.

An absolute classic Rolex

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

naah it doesn't have to be gilt this is 1.58 mill and im pretty sure stamped 1966 on caseback

meters first 5513

Last edited by alanski; 20th June 2016 at 22:33.

Master
    Are you sure Al, from Jason's tables that would be a 67 the same as my metres first.

I can't remember to be honest , need to get caseback off sometime
    But 66 is the cross over point from gilt to Matt aswell

I've had a 66 meters first , I'll see if I can get the caseback off this one next week once my pals back from hols

Master
    It was a bit of a confusing time back then, I know my early 66 gilt has a case back stamped with the last quarter of 65, it's when it's later that there is something wrong.
    Just checked the paperwork on what i think is a 67 metres first and the serial no. is 15804xx, no idea about the caseback but they are pretty close!
    Last edited by bobdog; 20th June 2016 at 23:15.

I'll try get a caseback shot sometime next week of my one

No affiliation to the seller, but just spotted this

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/...=read;id=53100