closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New steel Daytona(s) Airking and explorer 1

New steel Daytona(s) Airking and explorer 1

So these have come into work for a Basle event, first time I've seen the White dial in the metal, and for me
    It's an easy choice, the White is unbelievable! Never been a Daytona fan but this has turned me!
    Like the Airking more than I thought I would too! And the explorer 1 finally has hands that fit. Big improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I'm not sure what it is about that Air King, but I am really liking it!!! The only thing is I can't afford another itch at the moment :)

Master
    Surely they need a long term tester for the white one? Don't ask don't get.

I'm no Daytona fan but those pics make it look a million dollars compared to the other two. Which is a good thing given that seems to be the premium being asked!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayareg View Post
    I'm not sure what it is about that Air King, but I am really liking it!!! The only thing is I can't afford another itch at the moment :)
    Do it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Surely they need a long term tester for the white one? Don't ask don't get.

I'm no Daytona fan but those pics make it look a million dollars compared to the other two. Which is a good thing given that seems to be the premium being asked!
    Haha they go back Wednesday :( I would I happily be a long term tester!

I'm crap at taking pics and they do all the watches no justice at all!
    He premium in the preowned market is beyond ridiculous, but the £300 extra over the steel bezel Daytona is good value for the improvement

I saw the Black dial in person on Saturday for the first time at a Rolex AD that was reserved for another customer and was very underwhelmed, the staff said the White dial looked very impressive apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I saw the Black dial in person on Saturday for the first time at a Rolex AD that was reserved for another customer and was very underwhelmed, the staff said the White dial looked very impressive apparently.
    The White dial for me is in another league to the black. It just looks better, think the black would have looked better with white chrono rings instead of silver

Master
    That white dial really does look quite stunning. It's just so well balanced

Master

Cool

They all look superb, but to be honest I love the black dial Daytona.

Never seen these IRL, but on pictures, I only like the black Daytona and the Exp.

...all that care with white gloves then they let the crowns bang the case next to them..... my ocd is tripping balls

Master
    not keen on the Airking - dont know why but I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    ...all that care with white gloves then they let the crowns bang the case next to them..... my ocd is tripping balls
    It looks like it but they aren't quite touching, either way, these are demo pieces that have been all over the uk, they aren't pristine by any stretch as have prob been to most ADs in the country already. They will be sent back to Rolex soon, no idea why they will do with them

Quote Originally Posted by hatman14 View Post
    It looks like it but they aren't quite touching, either way, these are demo pieces that have been all over the uk, they aren't pristine by any stretch as have prob been to most ADs in the country already. They will be sent back to Rolex soon, no idea why they will do with them

surely they aren't fully real ie no movement in them - the time is identical !

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    surely they aren't fully real ie no movement in them - the time is identical !
    Yeah, they have no working movements In, they are demo pieces for a Rolex event, been all over the country.

phew then...

Quote Originally Posted by Shakir Khaja View Post
    They all look superb, but to be honest I love the black dial Daytona.
    Agree

I've game lots of white dial watches but never keep them

Craftsman
    come close to getting a white Daytona a few times and its never happened, now I want the new one !