closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay... New strap and a Rivet bracelet!

Master

Tudor Black Bay... New strap and a Rivet bracelet!

I didn't realise there are new options for the Black Bay but looking at this review on ablogtowatch, there certainly seems to be a Rivet bracelet option now as well as at least one other new (red) band. The Rivet option looks to be pins rather than screws which is a little disappointing, but if you're going to create a watch that has a look reminiscent of its vintage cousin, you may as well go the whole way with the bracelet.

For the full low down see here: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tudor-he...ouse-movement/

Ah, interesting, I'd read this http://watchesbysjx.com/2016/04/expl...black-bay.html and thought they might be screws, would be interested to know exactly what they are.

Craftsman
    looks great

I do like the pattern on the NATO, although I'm not a big fan of the strap type, bracelet looks good, quite retro and a bit more purposeful I feel.

Screw heads are visible in the second photo. I recall at Baselworld it was reported that the rivet look is only cosmetic, the links are solid.
    Last edited by Nagraboy; 19th June 2016 at 18:53.

Journeyman

So can this strap be bought on it's own? If so where? i have searched but failed and I so want one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagraboy View Post
    Screw heads are visible in the second photo. I recall at Baselworld it was reported that the rivet look is only cosmetic, the links are solid.
    Looks like it is only the removable links that have screws.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    Looks like it is only the removable links that have screws.
    Yeah, same as a normal Rolex bracelet I suppose.

Master
    Looks very good imho - as you guys have stated above, it is the same as rolex.

Craftsman
    Their OEM Nato style straps are super comfortable so I'm a big fan of the new design. Think it subtly lifts an otherwise dull strap.

I think they should make the steel hardware removable though, so when the strap wears out, just the fabric part could be replaced.

Any news of a more blue NATO then like the red?

Quote Originally Posted by Deploderer View Post

So can this strap be bought on it's own? If so where? i have searched but failed and I so want one.
    At least the old ones could be bought at AD for apron £160

Banned
    I've heard these should be in the shops in a few weeks. It's a "new" black bay with in house tudor movement which is cosc. The biggest plus for me is 70 hour power reserve, on the old black bay the reserve was only something like 36 hours.

These look great! Personally I prefer the bracelet of the previous version with the ETA movement.

I really like the look of these, the straight writing on the dial seems to work better than the previous circular/rounded text..

Tempted to pick one of these up, just seems like good value.

Anyone know when they will be in AD's to try on?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Any news of a more blue NATO then like the red?

Just been looking on the Tudor site and have images of the new blue strap too.

http://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/he...9230b-0001-fb1

Craftsman
    I'm a little bit 'meh' at the dial compared to the ETA version, I prefer the Tudor rose logo & curved text at the bottom. But I LOVE that NATO!

Craftsman
    Glad they finally got the chronometer certificate.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad they finally got the chronometer certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by rossi46vr View Post
    I've heard these should be in the shops in a few weeks. It's a "new" black bay with in house tudor movement which is cosc. The biggest plus for me is 70 hour power reserve, on the old black bay the reserve was only something like 36 hours.
    What's the RRP on these (old version is £2350 on bracelet)?

Journeyman

Leather best option.

I think it looks it's best on the stressed leather strap, just compliments the dial perfectly but each to their own.

Will the the price depreciate on the previous Automatic movement now it has changed to a mechanical one? thoughts on this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I think it looks it's best on the stressed leather strap, just compliments the dial perfectly but each to their own.

Will the the price depreciate on the previous Automatic movement now it has changed to a mechanical one? thoughts on this please.
    Not sure I understand ? The onlyl difference is the use of the inhouse Tudor movement over the ETA one. They are both still mechnical automatics ?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Not sure I understand ? The onlyl difference is the use of the inhouse Tudor movement over the ETA one. They are both still mechnical automatics ?
    Sorry meant to say "in house" not mechanical.
    So will the ETA pieces depreciate now Tudor are using their own movement.
    Last edited by Vincent; 26th June 2016 at 22:40.