closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival and time for my first SOTC for ages

New arrival and time for my first SOTC for ages

I picked this little beauty up today after waiting ages for it to come all the way from Tudor in Switzerland.......

Really happy with this - great build quality (as you would expect), really nice bracelet and an extra NATO-style strap which I will definitely be using when I have to wear my dinner jacket for after-concert functions. Also love the alarm function already!

So after getting this today, I am really happy with my 5 main watches in the collection, my daily wearers. Here they are in no particular order....

PAM 320
    Bought this for my 40th, the watch I probably wear the most and one that comes on every trip abroad with me

PAM 210
    The inevitable consequence of buying my 320 was wanting a Radiomir! Luckily got this one in superb condition from Sales Corner here and it is my "day off" watch - don't need to know the exact second, minute or date.

GO Sport Evo GMT
    When I do go away, I take this watch as well as the 320. It is actually the ideal GMT watch and one I wouldn't be without on plane journeys. It was actually the watch I really wanted when I was 40 but couldn't afford it. Thanks again to Sales Corner, this one made its way to me. Love it - the best bracelet in the business and the easiest possible way of changing the hour hand when travelling.

Ball Moonlight Special
    The only watch my Mrs has ever said "you've got to buy that"! Wasn't going to turn that invitation down - I have owned 3 Ball watches and this is a cracker for the money. Limited edition of 999 (three colours so it's actually one of 333 I presume) and I have both the bracelet and croc strap. Busy dial, I will admit, but so pretty and beautifully made....

So, as far as I see it, I have the following covered:
    Dive Watch
    GMT (12 hr and 24 hr)
    Chrono
    Moonphase
    Mechanical alarm
    Time only watch
    Limited edition
    Swiss
    German

Thanks for looking and I hope you concur that I have most bases covered now - for a while!!

Mike Seal
    Last edited by Batonman; 8th June 2016 at 09:59.

Craftsman
    Very nice. I love the 210

Lovely collection there - the glashutte is beautiful
    I am yet to actually handle one

I keep looking at the glashutte sport as an alternative to other watches I've had like omega PO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

New arrival and time for my first SOTC for ages

Always find it interesting to have a 'nosey' through people's SOTC, when they add that little bit of extra detail about the circumstances that led them to buy the pieces as you have done. I've recently been giving thought to covering the bases; have the GMT and the Chrono covered, hadn't really given much thought to a moon phase, but having seen yours, will need to seriously consider one now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I really like the GO GMT.

Nice .but the 210 wow!!

I thought you might like to see the NATO-style strap on the Tudor - perfect for the more formal occasion, I think.....

Mike Seal

A lovely mixed collection and not a Rolex in sight which makes a change, thanks for sharing.

Master
    Nice. Especially like the Pam!

Great collection. Never seen that particular Glashutte before and i really like the look of it but also very taken with the 320. I keep thinking I miss my Panerai I lot and must add another at some point.

Craftsman
    Great overview - love the 320.

Great collection, especially like the Ball, not seen that one before :)

Lovely collection and some different choices which is great! That GO is lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    A lovely mixed collection and not a Rolex in sight which makes a change, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks - not a conscious decision to exclude Rolex but up until now, nothing they've made has ever really floated my boat.
    Bet that sparks a reaction from some!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Batonman View Post
    Thanks - not a conscious decision to exclude Rolex but up until now, nothing they've made has ever really floated my boat.
    Bet that sparks a reaction from some!

Mike
    I'm the same as you with that sentiment and also lean more to Panerai. Thankfully we all like different things!

That's an interesting collection but I can't help thinking that it's missing a couple of Rados . Which watch do you wear when you are conducting; I'm assuming not a Panerai?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    That's an interesting collection but I can't help thinking that it's missing a couple of Rados . Which watch do you wear when you are conducting; I'm assuming not a Panerai?
    Hmm, yes, I did once collect Rado's! I still have a couple but not the 25 i used to have....
    I usually wear either the 320 or GO for rehearsals, with the watch on the stand so that I can pace the rehearsals and, most importantly, finish on time. I never wear a watch while actually conducting though - they are all far too heavy!
    Having said that, the Tudor is mainly titanium and very light but I wouldn't want to damage the movement by using it while I am conducting. Too many violent movements, too often!

Mike

Master
    Mike,

Funnily enough I wondered about you recently & that I hadn't seen you around these parts.
    Lovely collection & I think you know which one I like the best.....

If you ever did, unfathomably, decide to move the GO on I'd take it back in a heartbeat!

Alex

Master
    Nice collection and non of the usual suspects in there either!

Off topic but are most conductors musicians as well, do you play an instrument and if so is there a more popular instrument played by conductors than any other ?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyal View Post
    Mike,

Funnily enough I wondered about you recently & that I hadn't seen you around these parts.
    Lovely collection & I think you know which one I like the best.....

If you ever did, unfathomably, decide to move the GO on I'd take it back in a heartbeat!

Alex
    Hi Alex - good to see you too, mate!
    I know one should never say never, but it's highly unlikely I will sell the GO - but if I ever should need to, I will contact you first, of course! It is such an amazing watch, especially when I travel abroad.
    How is the AP?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Off topic but are most conductors musicians as well, do you play an instrument and if so is there a more popular instrument played by conductors than any other ?
    Virtually all conductors play an instrument, mostly an orchestral instrument, some piano, some singers. I am not sure which instrument would be the most played amongst conductors.
    I happen to think string players make the best conductors, but then I would - I was a professional violinist for 22 years....

Mike

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Batonman View Post
    Hi Alex - good to see you too, mate!
    I know one should never say never, but it's highly unlikely I will sell the GO - but if I ever should need to, I will contact you first, of course! It is such an amazing watch, especially when I travel abroad.
    How is the AP?

Mike
    The flipperitis persists & it has been replaced by a Deep Blue DSSD, GO Seventies & a PAM 233, so cannot complain, but i still miss my GO(s). I'll definitely get another AP RO in time but too many others to try for now.

Enjoy the GMT.

Alex
    Last edited by luckyal; 9th June 2016 at 22:11.