closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart ordering sooo slow...

Master

Steinhart ordering sooo slow...

Ordered an Aviation off their site 8 days ago and still not received a date for it to be sent to me.

Rather puts me off the Impulse Buy!!!

Anyone else experiencing slow delivery from them?

I haven't ordered direct from Steinhart as my three were all second hand and I hope yours turns up soon, but if others are considering ordering why not check out Neil at Chronomaster who is the UK main seller for Steinhart first rather than ordering direct.

http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/steinhart/watches/

I had the same experience when I bought my aviation. I'd always look to Neil first now.

Craftsman
    I placed an order with Steinhart directly in the 26th May, received a confirmation email immediately, then an email the next day to say that they had received my payment (I had put the funds directly into my PayPal account rather than leave them in the bank and have PayPal request them as I'd heard that that would slow things down). Today I received a third email to say that my watch is out for dispatch and should be delivered by next Tuesday (14th). Not the quickest it has to be said. I didn't know about Neil at Chronomaster at the time I placed the order or I would certainly have considered that route as an alternative. As it happens, ordering direct from Steinhart was slightly cheaper than the price I subsequently saw on Chronomaster, and I was in no hurry for the watch anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    They seem to live in the dark ages where ordering is concerned, slow to respond, bit slow dispatching items. Had a few issues with my Ocean 500, aftersales have been better, replying to emails quickly, by apologetic, shame their QC seems to be a tad off.

( placed my order, took them a week to tell me it wasn't in stock, waited a month for delivery)

Master
    Oh well, at least I'm not alone...

I have bought via chronomaster in the past but they were showing out of stock on this model.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    They seem to live in the dark ages where ordering is concerned, slow to respond, bit slow dispatching items. Had a few issues with my Ocean 500, aftersales have been better, replying to emails quickly, by apologetic, shame their QC seems to be a tad off.

( placed my order, took them a week to tell me it wasn't in stock, waited a month for delivery)

Could you elaborate on the QC issues you experienced please?
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    First of all clasp was a completely different colour, not just a shade out, looked like it had been painted by a five year old. Secondly the bracelet was heavily marked on the inside. The movement packed up after about 3 weeks which they couldn't of foreseen but when returned two very noticeable bits of dust were inside the crystal.

Don't get me wrong -Steinhart were very apologetic and swiftly sorted out the issues, 3 outta the 4 problems needn't of happened with some basic QC.

Second clasp was a better colour match but part of it was bent. In the end gave up and fitted the rubber strap which they sent FOC. The clasp must get manufactured by a different company so needs to be addressed asap, overall a stunning watch just getting let down by a few QC and manufacturing issues.
    Last edited by Rob153; 8th June 2016 at 11:12.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post

Last edited by Rob153; 8th June 2016 at 11:07.

Master
    I had a similar thing when I purchased some replacement bezel ring insert for my Ocean 1, it took a rather long time to arrive

Master
    [QUOTE=burton;3989260]I had a similar thing when I purchased some replacement bezel ring insert for my Ocean 1, it took a rather long time to arrive[/QUOTE

Certain things they are slow with- Agreed to send me a replacement clasp, told me they'd despatched it straight away but took two weeks to arrive. On the flip side they were very efficient in replacing the movement, took under two weeks to receive it back, albeit with dust under the crystal but quick all the same!

Master
    I emailed them and they reply that they had run out of watch boxes...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    I emailed them and they reply that they had run out of watch boxes...
    That's a new one- Tell them to send the watch as you can't wear the box and don't mind that following on at a later date :D

Craftsman

Ocean One Vintage arrived today. Really nice on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ghu1967 View Post

Ocean One Vintage arrived today. Really nice on the wrist.

That looks stunning; is that a perlon strap?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    That looks stunning; is that a perlon strap?
    It is indeed, Perlon, dark grey from Watch Obsession, very nice strap.

Quote Originally Posted by ghu1967 View Post
    It is indeed, Perlon, dark grey from Watch Obsession, very nice strap.
    Lovely mark 2 Ocean One Military. It looks good on the perlon strap, but personally I prefer these watches on the SS bracelets. They are great watches and a brand that I wasn't aware of before I joined here, but now have three.

Craftsman
    Had ordered a 20mm NATO for a Vostok that I ordered recently and have been awaiting the arrival of (actually turned up yesterday, but not in working condition, grinding noise from the crown as if the crown mechanism has become detached somehow ), and a 22mm Perlon for this watch. I must say that the bracelet on the Steinhart feels quite substantial and well made, but is rather on the large side, so until I cab get it adjusted, the Perlon it is . I think I'll definitely put it back onto the bracelet at some point. Really impressed with my first Steinhart. It will definitely get a fair amount of wrist time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We definately need a positive thread on Steinharts with plenty of images - they are superb watches.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    We definately need a positive thread on Steinharts with plenty of images - they are superb watches.
    Yes, please start a thread for everyone who is delighted with Steinhart service and QC.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Yes, please start a thread for everyone who is delighted with Steinhart service and QC.
    I can't - I bought two on SC and one on e-bay, so have no direct personal experience of Steinhart service and QC. I still think they are superb watches though and great value for money.

Agreed. Had great service on this one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Lovely watches at well under what they should be selling them for. QC is a bit hit or miss as we all know, at least they're not burying their heads in the sand, pro-active in trying to resolve things, thank god. IMO on par with Christopher Ward quality wise, just get let down a tad with QC. Probably 35% cheaper than CW across the range, personally I'd charge a bit more, would hopefully help iron out the QC issues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Agreed- My thread on them wasn't too complimentary at first, due to issues with QC. Overall though they handled my problem in a proffesional and swift manner, with the number of units they shift bound to be little glitches now and again, it's how they deal with problems that count.

Overall I'm very pleased with the watch doesn't look out of place with my other watches, would I buy more 100% yes.