closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just brought a 18k Audemars Piguet for £3.00!!

Just brought a 18k Audemars Piguet for £3.00!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26320OR-OO...oAAOSwh-1W3ZgE

It was a "buy it now"

Happy days!! :)

Banned
    Good shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Good shopping
    Bet day's shopping yet. ;)

I like the light wear marks on the unworn bracelet :)

Oh, and the price - very much ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I like the light wear marks on the unworn bracelet :)

Oh, and the price - very much ;)
    I think I can live with the light scuffs at the price I paid. ;)

Master
    And totally original, genuine and legitimate too.....

Awesome buy!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Il give you a fiver for it...

Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    And totally original, genuine and legitimate too.....

Awesome buy!

It was, but the seller has just refunded my £3.00 telling me that it was an error in the listing. :(

(The seller has just re-listed it for £29,750.00.)
    Last edited by senraw; 5th June 2016 at 23:08.

Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    It was, but the seller has just refunded my £3.00 telling me that it was an error in the listing. :(
    talk to ebay about it and say there was no error in the listing but he chose not to let you have it

Quote Originally Posted by DimGR View Post
    talk to ebay about it and say there was no error in the listing but he chose not to let you have it
    Looks like he got the date of manufacturing wrong though, it's changed from 2016 to 2015.. Bugger!

Shame it was buy it now - as an auction you could have had a right laugh with the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Shame it was buy it now - as an auction you could have had a right laugh with the seller.
    I haven't replied to his email yet.. Maybe I should play with him for a bit. :)

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    I haven't replied to his email yet.. Maybe I should play with him for a bit. :)
    You've at least got to give him an hard time, but I think essentially, he has every right to refuse to sell it to you, shame though:(

Tell him that you have entered into a legal contract to buy at £3.00 and that if he wants to buy you out of that contract he can make you sensible offer - otherwise tell him you will notify e-bay and take it all the way (what ever that means, but it sounds threatening).

Hahahahahahaha, worth a shot you may at least get a discount off some of his items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doug darter View Post
    You've at least got to give him an hard time, but I think essentially, he has every right to refuse to sell it to you, shame though:(
    no , its like when you win something and don't pay for it , Its the contract between the 2 that matters . He now owns him an AP as i see it :)

- - - Updated - - -

talk to ebay , i told you before

Probably put 3 instead of 30,000. Poor guy!

I am sure a lot of us have made a mistake like that before, i have done it myself, guy clicked buy it now and messaged me to relist it properly, good sport that he was.
    Pretty sure because its a genuine error he doesnt have to honour the deal, try him maybe but im sure you know the answer, how would you deal with it?

Looks like he got the date of manufacturing wrong though, it's changed from 2016 to 2015.. Bugger!
    Year of manufacture was given as 2015 in the original listing, too. He has changed the heading and the condition, from unworn to 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I am sure a lot of us have made a mistake like that before, i have done it myself, guy clicked buy it now and messaged me to relist it properly, good sport that he was.
    Pretty sure because its a genuine error he doesnt have to honour the deal, try him maybe but im sure you know the answer, how would you deal with it?
    Exactly, genuine mistakes like these I wouldn't give the guy a hard time, you won't get the watch anyway, I can't stand the ones that don't honour the sale price when they don't get what they expect at the end of the auction, I had that once and got the old , Ive just been burgled and the watch was stolen after it finished at a low price, he resisted it a few weeks later, I sent a few emails to him asking him to honour the price I won it for but heard nothing back, I could of caused him hassle but wasn't worth my time.

You could a have a little play with him as he has 100% feedback but I wouldnt give him no grief, after all it's a mistake and I certainly wouldnt try and profit from someone's mistake..

One story I have where I used the legally binding contract of an auction on an ebay buyer..

I bought 4 tickets to a concert but 2 of our friends pulled out so I put them on ebay, bids went up and finished where I got all my ticket price back so I was pleased, buyer took a few days to contact and when she did the excuses started to flow about not paying, she said her daughter had been rushed into hospital and it was touch and go for a few days and explained that she could now not go so asked if I could relist them.

I agreed deciding someone could not tell such a lie about their children but something didn't sit right so I checked her feedback/email address etc and there it was, positive feedback for tickets to the same concert 4 rows in front of mine.. I then sent her a very strong email on legally bidding contract of auction, her very low excuses of using a child which she did have, she came back all very sheepish and sorry, so we agreed that she would pay the difference if the tickets resold for less - which they did, about £120 less and I was in the hole now, next day she sent me a cheque for £120 with a thank you card and a grovelling apology.. People...
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 6th June 2016 at 12:15.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    You could a have a little play with him as he has 100% feedback but I wouldnt give him no grief, after all it's a mistake and I certainly wouldnt try and profit from someone's mistake..

One story I have where I used the legally binding contract of an auction on an ebay buyer..

I bought 4 tickets to a concert but 2 of our friends pulled out so I put them on ebay, bids went up and finished where I got all my ticket price back so I was pleased, buyer took a few days to contact and when she did the excuses started to flow about not paying, she said her daughter had been rushed into hospital and it was touch and go for a few days and explained that she could now not go so asked if I could relist them.

I agreed deciding someone could not tell such a lie about their children but something didn't sit right so I checked her feedback/email address etc and there it was, positive feedback for tickets to the same concert 4 rows in front of mine.. I then sent her a very strong email on legally bidding contract of auction, her very low excuses of using a child which she did have, she came back all very sheepish and sorry, so we agreed that she would pay the difference if the tickets resold for less - which they did, about £120 less and I was in the hole now, next day she sent me a cheque for £120 with a thank you card and a grovelling apology.. People...
    wow that was a result, there are some decent people around, even if you had to push hard.

Master
    Frankly, the very idea of buying anything worth more than 3 figures on eBay brings me out in a cold sweat!

SGR

Craftsman
    Who buys a 30k watch through ebay anyway

Master

As errors go... :) I was going to offer to double your money.

- - - Updated - - -

As errors go... :) I was going to offer to double your money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcoyne1 View Post
    Someone who pays £3

Quote Originally Posted by jcoyne1 View Post

Anyone with half a brain cell if it's going for £3.00. :)

*Quick update*

Just received an Email from EBay telling me that the item was withdrawn as is was no longer in stock... Hmmmm.... :)

*Quick update*

Just received an Email from EBay telling me that the item was withdrawn as is was no longer in stock... Hmmmm.... :)
    Its things like this that make me want to contradict what I said earlier about giving the seller a break, he did contact you and hold his hands up about a mistake but saying all this out of stock bull makes you think he is worried about the outcome if you push it...

Surely the reason to eBay is just to avoid fees

what would you think would happen if someone wins one of his auctions and then say im sorry i cant afford it?
    will the seller care? no
    will he go after him? yes

its the same thing now , he listed a watch for 3 pounds , he had to let it go for 3

multi thousand mistakes don't happen

multi thousand mistakes don't happen
    Let me try and understand it- is it your contention that he deliberately listed it for £3?

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Let me try and understand it- is it your contention that he deliberately listed it for £3?
    i meant to type mistkes like that should not happen , and when happen be prepared to loose something

i meant to type mistkes like that should not happen , and when happen be prepared to loose something
    You seriously expect the seller to take a £30k hit?

That is a bit harsh I feel, nobody is perfect, mistakes happen. Treat people as you want to be treated.
    God forbid you ever make a costly error.

Master
    Christ on a bike. The man made a gaff and someone thinks they should wave goodbye to 30 grand ? He's a little off with how he's gone about it , but really ? Mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Christ on a bike. The man made a gaff and someone thinks they should wave goodbye to 30 grand ? He's a little off with how he's gone about it , but really ? Mind boggling.
    This really.

Warnes posted this thread for a bit of a chuckle, not with the intent of establishing a principle that you should be prepared to lose thirty grand if you misstype on eBay.

Mitch

Blog Entries
    No way this side of hell's hottest hole is anyone going to part with this AP for £3 !

I wonder why anything is on sale on eBay at 30K given the penal seller fees they charge!

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    No way this side of hell's hottest hole is anyone going to part with this AP for £3 !

I wonder why anything is on sale on eBay at 30K given the penal seller fees they charge!
    There's an upper limit; I think it's still 10% capped at £250. It certainly wouldn't be 10% of £30k

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    This really.

Warnes posted this thread for a bit of a chuckle, not with the intent of establishing a principle that you should be prepared to lose thirty grand if you misstype on eBay.

Mitch

Very true, I have no intention of pursuing and I knew I'd get £3.00 back, which I'm happy with.

Just posted for a bit of a giggle as Mitch has stated, it's always nice to see other members thoughts, it can be very entertaining. :)

(And I don't like gold watches.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    There's an upper limit; I think it's still 10% capped at £250. It certainly wouldn't be 10% of £30k
    I believe they got rid of that upper limit; and it's now 10% of any value plus PayPal fees which you are obliged to accept in every listing.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    I believe they got rid of that upper limit; and it's now 10% of any value plus PayPal fees which you are obliged to accept in every listing.
    Just had a quick look and there terms say " you'll never pay more than £250 as a final value fee" so it looks like the limit is still there.

For now......

Craftsman
    Just had a quick look and there terms say " you'll never pay more than £250 as a final value fee" so it looks like the limit is still there.

For now......
    Very reasonable fees on a thirty grand sale!

i meant to type mistkes
    You did, twice :-)

Master
    Where did you bring it to 😉?

For now......
    Ahhh ok. There was a time, only a few years back when the upper limit was £75; I guess it was the increase to £250 that I'm thinking of.

£250 isn't much on a £30k sale, but it's a fair whack on £2500.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Ahhh ok. There was a time, only a few years back when the upper limit was £75; I guess it was the increase to £250 that I'm thinking of.

£250 isn't much on a £30k sale, but it's a fair whack on £2500.
    Even worse Lewis; it was £45 before they upped it to £75.

As you say though, the more expensive the watch, the more sense it makes to sell through eBay.

I'm sure dealers don't pay such high fees though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I agree with this

I certainly wouldn't have ended the poor guys listing when it was obvious a mistake was made and probably costing him a listing fee, I would have messaged him to make him aware of his mistake if I way going to do anything!

Just my thoughts!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    I agree with this

I certainly wouldn't have ended the poor guys listing when it was obvious a mistake was made and probably costing him a listing fee, I would have messaged him to make him aware of his mistake if I way going to do anything!

Just my thoughts!

Or buy it now and tell him of his mistake in case someone else buys it for three quid and tries to make a claim against him to get the watch for that. Even if it goes nowhere, it's a lot more hassle than clicking Buy It Now to deactivate the listing.

I'm pretty sure it can be relisted for free anyway.

I'm sure the listing is effectively just an ad for the dealer anyway. I'm imagine the majority of buyers would contact the seller through Ebay and then do the actual transaction in person/outside of ebay. Same for most expensive things on there.