Hello all,
My interest in vintage Omegas also cover the non-battery powered ones including the Geneve line. Through SC I bought "part of a Chronostop" several years ago. This item was advertised as a piece which probably was intended to be used as a demo model in a AD since the "movement" is not as such - just a replica to (probably) show off the dial of the Caliber 920 (date version). Although in a striking blue color I prefer the non-date version (Caliber 865). This caliber was introduced in 1966 and some 124000 were made (ref. the Old-Omega site). The case itself was in good shape so my hunt for a decent Caliber 865 with the grey dial started and lasted for some time. Finally a fellow collector here in Norway had one for sale and I shipped off the case to him and the watch returned to me within short time with the new movement installed - looking good.

Through pictures on the net I have seen a rally strap version from Omega which was among the options when these watches were sold in the late `60s / early `70s and the hunt for one started. Not available any more and rarely come up for sale I also contacted Tom (dickstar1977) if he happen to know more / have one for sale. He could tempt me with a white version of the strap, but it was the black one I was looking for.
Within short time he could give me a heads-up of one for sale at the German version of the famous auction site. Advertised as a 19mm he also kindly informed me that this must be the one since Omega never produced this in a 19mm version - only as 18mm which was the one I was looking for. This strap also included the Omega clasp No. 27 which also was a part of the package in the days. Looking a bit old and not in the best shape the strap certainly could pass as a strap with patina - a term we usually connect with dials and hands.

Anyway I won the auction, the strap arrived and with a careful hand I had it attached to the springbars and the case and the result was not bad. With a small screwdriver I managed to adjust it within the clasp so to fit my wrist and although parts of the strap is smoldering away and it certainly looks old the result is rather nice and I wear it very carefully so to keep the strap as long as possible. Finally I took it to my local watchmaker to give the watch a final check and except some adjustments to the pusher it was in very good shape. Serial number confirms the movement to be a 1969 model. Included some pictures - a bit picture heavy, but was carried away.
regards
Terje