closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A new to me incoming PAM389

Master
    Blog Entries

A new to me incoming PAM389

A smile inducing incomer, though i'm mindful of someone else's misery in respect of Panerai at the moment.

I've had one of these previously and several examples of its similar sibling (305) but a new deal fell into my lap yesterday that was too tempting to miss. After some recent mishaps and disappointments it was good to receive this in the mornings mail delivery. Its not a new one this time around and there is some very light evidence of its pre-owned status but unbelievably, for me anyway, i'm just looking forward to not being so precious with the precious bauble on my wrist. The strap i fitted earlier is from one of my favourite makers and i have a decent collection of others in an assortment of colours that all fit Panerai's Ti Subs rather well. Its a happy Friday in Sussex

Master
    No experience of owning one of these as I've small wrists but that looks a cracker. I've been eyeing the one in SC of late even though I know it will be too large and the limited edition adds to the cost unnecessarily for me. I particularly like the skeleton hands and simple dial combo. Lovely.

Master
    Looks really good. I wish they made 44mm submersibles but with the new designs. 47mm is too big for my puny wrists :( Congrats tho!

That looks superb and congratulations on the pick up. Enjoy it plus the good weather this weekend!

Master
    Nice to have a positive Panerai story! :) Looks great, defo my favourite brand.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Looks really good. I wish they made 44mm submersibles but with the new designs. 47mm is too big for my puny wrists :( Congrats tho!
    I'm afraid I'm in the same boat, have tried the big boys, man have I tried but I'm too much of a runt. I think its a stunner for sure.

Journeyman
    Awesome! Congratulations!!

Probably my favorite PANERAI

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    A smile inducing incomer, though i'm mindful of someone else's misery in respect of Panerai at the moment.

I've had one of these previously and several examples of its similar sibling (305) but a new deal fell into my lap yesterday that was too tempting to miss. After some recent mishaps and disappointments it was good to receive this in the mornings mail delivery. Its not a new one this time around and there is some very light evidence of its pre-owned status but unbelievably, for me anyway, i'm just looking forward to not being so precious with the precious bauble on my wrist. The strap i fitted earlier is from one of my favourite makers and i have a decent collection of others in an assortment of colours that all fit Panerai's Ti Subs rather well. Its a happy Friday in Sussex

Surprised how well it looks on the brown strap,I bought a couple of black straps for mine thinking that was the way to go,I'll have to reconsider

Master
    Congrats! It's one of my favorites.
    Had one but decided to sell it in the end. Now planning on getting the 615 with flyback.

Looks lovely on the brown leather! Enjoy!
    For me though, as over posters, far too big for my wrists :(

Craftsman
    One of the best Panerai I reckon.

Congrats Baz, it took a while. Assume it wasn't Andrew Michaels ;-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trisdg View Post
    Congrats Baz, it took a while. Assume it wasn't Andrew Michaels ;-)
    No i gave up on them, promise after promise but no delivery. This one is a pre-owned example though not very obviously. It was the price that secured my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    No i gave up on them, promise after promise but no delivery. This one is a pre-owned example though not very obviously. It was the price that secured my interest.
    You are a true Panerei aficionado Shadowman.

You have suffered much for your passion, you have tried to walk away but you can't. Such passion is admirable actually, I recognise it.

Mitch

Congratulations Baz - the sub is the one thing they seem to have got right when Panerai went inhouse. Did you also get the Firenze in the end?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Congratulations Baz - the sub is the one thing they seem to have got right when Panerai went inhouse. Did you also get the Firenze in the end?

The Firenze came and went rather quickly and remained unworn. A lovely watch, well, a lovely dial really but it just didn't work for me. The ultra modern (in my eyes) dial just didn't fit though within the traditional case of the 6152 vintage model its based on. It made someone else very happy though

Ultimately, modern Panerai Subs have always been my most worn items, with a 572 for 'dress' wear when needed.

Craftsman
    Gorgeous looking Panerai-well done. Love the Brand.

Looks great, just wished I also had bigger wrists as I would love to own one

Craftsman
    Looks cracking, congrats

That is without doubt my favourite Panerai. If only they made exactly the same model in 44mm it would be on my wrist!!

Craftsman
    Panerai confuse me, first I didn't like any of them... then I started to like the base ones for their simplicilty... and now I like this one with all its complications...

One thing I do know, prices seem to remain consistently strong for them...

Master
    Looks great Baz. Sometimes its nice to receive a watch that's already got some signs of wear. I find that I can wear them without being too precious. Brand new watches can be quite stressful, pre owned can be more rewarding.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    That is without doubt my favourite Panerai. If only they made exactly the same model in 44mm it would be on my wrist!!
    Agreed. I just can't carry off 47mm :(

Lovely looking on someone chunkier than me though ;)