closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on watch

Craftsman

Thoughts on watch

Guys and girls, I have long been a admirer, but not a buyer of watches. However, personal circumstances have changed whereby I am now of the opinion of "sod it, I will buy that...only here once" etc. My sweet spot is 34-38mm as I have rather small wrists.

I have a small cheapish collection consisting of a metal braceleted early Seiko Kinetic Auto relay with a rather nice blue dial, a 1970s Seiko TV style watch, a couple of G-shocks, I am just having my grandads old Certina repaired and I have a Seiko SARB017 incoming. The G-Shocks are only for when I am very casual or when I am running etc. The Seiko TV will be nabbed by the wife so I know that will get some use. I will be getting a desk diver at some point and I am on the look out for a SCVS013 on ebay, but I am after something that can fit alongside the SARB as a regular. I did not know whether to go slightly more tool/sporty or go more towards flieger/dress as I can dress the SARB with a strap that positions it towards tool or towards dress. I was thinking between the SARB and A-another I am pretty sorted, though I doubt that will stop me buying more watches down the line!

Budget is around £500. So, what would you pick from the list below and more importantly why, to go with the SARB017? Yes, I do realise my "short" list is 7, but I like all of them

Archimede 39 H. Bronze V
    Glycine Combat 6 (36mm version)
    (used) Sinn 556A
    Stowa Partitio Klassik Black
    Archimede Pilot 39H or 36 LHB.H
    Laco Magdeburg - 36mm
    Laco Classic Black - 36mm

Laco's are both quite a bit under 500.......just saying

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd try and find this one used.
    http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/sinn/w...556-i/sin-64a/

I prefer the baton markers to the 3 6 9 arabics version.

To my mind the sinn is a clean classic bit of German engineering. So out of that group it's the one id go for.

Craftsman
    Another vote for the Sinn. Out of all of those listed it's the one that floats my boat

Sinn for me, too. The 556 is one of my favorite watches. Classic design, 200m wr, correct size, good for any occasion.

Sinn 556I. I've always thought that if you wanted a good watch without the luxury nonsense, then it was the perfect blend of sporty and smart.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Sinn. Bear in mind the 556A (with numerals) has a matte dial but the 556i (with baton markers) has a gloss one which I feels really elevates it. The difference is quite remarkable. The Sinn H-link bracelet is also one of the most comfortable I've had.

Out of those id go for the 556, wouldn't really consider any of the others tbh, but for the same money as a used sinn on leather you can buy a new speedbird on bracelet , I know which I would rather go for.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Banned
    The Sinn, but why not save up some more money and buy something really nice later?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Out of those id go for the 556, wouldn't really consider any of the others tbh, but for the same money as a used sinn on leather you can buy a new speedbird on bracelet , I know which I would rather go for.
    Thanks for the replies! I thought I had covered everything at this price point, but never seen the Speedbird II PRS-22. Hmmm to GMT or not...not sure I need a GMT so for £480 I get an "exclusive" watch with the top version of the ETA2824-2.

You have made my choice easier now at least - a new Speedbird III PRS-22 (or GMT) or a used Sinn 556a.

And yes, I may abandon both the desk diver and SCVS013 and save up for my dream GS Snowflake watch. Though I really need to try it on as I am between 6 and 6.5 inches in wrist size and it is a 41mm.

Cheers
    Last edited by mr_esearch; 4th June 2016 at 01:19.

Just in case you are undecided....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk