closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay Bronze - launch party

Master

Tudor Black Bay Bronze - launch party

I was googling the BB Bronze as I came out of my office yesterday to find out a launch date in Asia, when lo and behold a young lady I was walking past in Raffles Place handed me this:

What are the chances!!

Anyway I've been psyched for the last day to attend as this is a watch I've been very excited about ever since it was announced.

The event was at a bar they'd hired out at Marina Bay Financial Centre:

The inside of the bar was done up very nicely (great branding and presentation throughout), with a room created to house four standing tables with attendees, and four BBBs (two in the parachute straps, two on leather).

There was also a locked "vault" with a lucky dip on keys to win a BBB inside but unfortunately it was for VIPs/product stockists only. (Sorry I didn't take pictures of all this by the way!)

Anyway I handled the BBB on both straps. A lovely watch, but I'd been so keen to get one from the marketing that I have to say I was ever so slightly underwhelmed. That said, I went back later and tried it in for a second time and was quite keen... I think I'd really need to try one in proper light rather than under the super-harsh white lights that all watch shops seem to use these days.

Leather is definitely the way to wear this IMHO - I think it looks better, and sits much better on the wrist.

The bronze is a lovely colour - stands out much more than steel but nowhere near as blingy as gold. I wasn't in love with the dial but that's personal preference (and potentially the super-bright lighting!).

I was most surprised by the size. I sold a BB Red (bracelet) I had a couple of years ago because I found it too large as compared to my sea dweller, so I was full-on prepared to find the BBB way too large. However, the 43mm actually wore really well on the leather strap.

Here's some pics. Sorry for the quality, iPhone only I'm afraid and not the best lighting conditions!! My wrist is about 6.75 inches for reference.

And here's a bonus shot with my two vintage snowflakes!

Size comparison:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Ooooooh that looks good on, and looks like it would have a good degree of heft to it!

I know your wrists are quite small but that looks huge!

If they did it in 40-41mm, I'd be really interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it, does it have the new moment in it?

Also that has me thinking root beer gmt.

Journeyman
    Wonder if she spotted a Tudor on your wrist and gave you the flyer:)

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I like it, does it have the new moment in it?
    Yes.

Did you go?

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures.

I might pick one up in the future. Really would want to see one in person.

James

Looks like it as a great event, and crazily opportune timing to get the invite :). Thanks for posting.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quite a cool event! This seems to be a watch to see in the flesh me thinks. I'm not totally convinced and the size looks quite big but the colour may work. Let's see how the patina develops!