closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Not another Speedmaster thread?!

Not another Speedmaster thread?!

Sorry to bore you all, but I picked up the latest moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 (hesalite to replace the 3570) at the weekend from a Hong Kong grey. I got it for a decent price and it came with the huge presentation box and a few goodies.

Anyway, the watch was inspected and everything matched up, other than the bracelet. I was under the impression that they all came on the newer 1998/957 bracelet (screw and pin), but this came with something different.

I mentioned the quandary to the dealer but he was just as bemused as I. He said I could either leave the watch with him whilst he contacted Omega or take it with me and if there were any issues, he'd offer an immediate refund. I decided to take the watch as I was 99.99% it was legit other than the bracelet.

So I took the watch and went online to see what I could find about this mysterious bracelet, and absolutely nothing, zero.

I started to get a little twitchy by this point, but the very same day the dealer said he'd been in touch with Omega, and that it indeed was a replacement for the 1998.

I'd already contacted Omega myself for an answer myself, as I still wanted clarification from them.

After a few e-mails back and forth, they have now confirmed that is an alternative bracelet to the 1998 but have only just released it. It did indeed come from the factory like this.

So this is the bracelet - the STZ004195/6

Not a lot of difference, but the clasp (STZ004194) has been tidied up a little, with two less holes showing on the outside and the pushers moved more central

Each side of the strap has an individual reference number - STZ004195 & STZ004196

A few quick pictures of the watch itself. Not that anyone doesn't know what they look like.

One on the supplied Nato (am I allowed to say that now Eddie has the rights)

One on the bracelet

One with its distant cousin

And lastly one with, well I guess a bit of a rival

What I cannot understand is if they're doing an amendment/improvement/alternative to the bracelet, why not bother adding the micro adjustment?

Oh, also the nice lady at Omega said that there were no end links reference numbers anymore, but they were slightly different. She just didn't know what the difference was
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 24th May 2016 at 14:41.

Journeyman
    Love a speedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with the Speedy Pro, ever but... The Flightmaster is stunning!

I just try one on at some point, think size-wise they might just not work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Speedy Pro, ever but... The Flightmaster is stunning!

I just try one on at some point, think size-wise they might just not work for me.
    Thanks Lewis.

The flightmaster wears really well to be honest. It doesn't sit anywhere near proud a you would expect.

If in any doubt go for a 910. Still the same overall height but with a thinner case and domed crystal. I'll post some wrist profile shot when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    If in any doubt go for a 910. Still the same overall height but with a thinner case and domed crystal. I'll post some wrist profile shot when I get the chance.
    I'd appreciate that, thanks!

Master
    I like that Tudor, was is it please?

Ignore me, 30 seconds googling told me it is Heritage Chrono.
    Last edited by Jeremy67; 25th May 2016 at 12:34.

Master

Not another Speedmaster thread?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    I like that Tudor, was is it please?

Ignore me, 30 seconds googling told me it is Heritage Chrono.
    It is the Tudor heritage chrono blue. Ref no: 70330B.
    A beautiful piece inspired by the earlier Tudors monte Carlos!

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    I'd appreciate that, thanks!
    No problem, happy to help.

Nb - this is my first 911 that i sold to a forum member and regretted even since. I'd been on the look at for a gud un even since. Once again TZ prevailed and I ended up with another.

For the record - <7 inch wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    It is the Tudor heritage chrono blue. Ref no: 70330B.
    A beautiful piece inspired by the earlier Tudors monte Carlos!
    Absolutely correct.

It's a kind of re-release of the 70s 7169 with subtle differences.

This has the ETA 2892 with a Dubois Depraz Chrono slapped on top of it.

It probably wears and feels the biggest of all three; although the 911 is a little top heavy.

One on the supplied Nato.

Master
    That's interesting, I got my Speedy from Iconic via an Italian AD, guessing a mid '05 model as it still had the red dot on the back (through Iconic had it in the factory fresh sealed perspex box). I don't think the bracelet that came with it was quite as good IMHO as the 'pin and collar' one I had in the past. But, the new-new one would be a problem for me; as they now have no half links I'd be, er, screwed (!) without micro adjust. I do prefer the screw adjustment over my old one, but I do miss the half links.

However, unlike the OP, I've still not got the balls to fit the Nato. I know I'll scratch the lugs if I do :(...bloody cack handed.

Master
    Ang on...third pic...is that a half-link? Please tell me it is :D

Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    Ang on...third pic...is that a half-link? Please tell me it is :D
    I'd love to tell you yes, but alas, no!

Daft eh?!

My dealer took a link out of 6 side for me, but when I got home I swapped it over to the 12 side. Then I took it out of the 12 side and left it out. Then I extended at the clasp to the furthest of the 2 (!) pin holes. PITA!

The clasp still isn't central to the underside of my wrist so i may swap a link back to the other side.

The bracelet is comfortable, but I have black and brown alligator straps being delivered, so will be trying them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    That really looks good Jon, thanks. My wrist is 6.75" so it'd look very similar.

Yeah, I like that a lot...

Master
    Super trio of watches there!