closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Prince Chronograph 79260p

Tudor Prince Chronograph 79260p

A few questions re this one. Just wondering if Tudor still make these? I have looked on their website & as far as I can see it appears not. Also wondering how they wear? Size comparisons etc? Any wrist shots at all. I like them a lot & am currently contemplating one of these or a Black Bay 'Red' on SS. Still struggling to make up my mind. I have tried the Black Bay on at a dealers & do like them, however there is something a bit more classic about the Prince Chronograph.

Any comments / thoughts / pics etc would be much appreciated.

They are discontinued, and only occasionally come up on SC. they also produced the 79280 and 79270. Some were fixed bezel and some were rotating bezel I can't remember which.
    They wear a bit like a Daytona with the added difference of having a date function.

Quote Originally Posted by budfox88 View Post
    It's the one one the right in the picture that I like, only the 79260p has numbers instead of battens as hour markers. Is it that much larger than the one on the left or is it the angle the photo has been taken at? Not easy to tell.

image-4216949395.jpg

Angle I think as in reality they are both the same size

Master
    Hello,

My first post here! No, Tudor has stopped making them around 2008.
    Amazing watches that ooze quality and very fast appreciating at the moment! I recently got mine as well and it has become a major part of the rotation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Hello,

My first post here! No, Tudor has stopped making them around 2008.
    Amazing watches that ooze quality and very fast appreciating at the moment! I recently got mine as well and it has become a major part of the rotation!

That is the one to have in my opinion. I had this one, but the dial didn't look great under certain lighting when the subdials and dial just all merged in to one:

Other negatives that I found:
    - flat sapphire crystal with no a/r is very reflective
    - the lug holes are a long way out from the case and I didn't like the gap when mounted on a strap, and the exposed case side is unfinished. I got some custom end links made which filled this gap.

I'd definitely consider the panda one again though!

Craftsman
    The panda is on my chrono 24 search. Not many come up.

The blue above looks good too.

Quote Originally Posted by budfox88 View Post
    They wear a bit like a Daytona with the added difference of having a date function.
    The sub dial layout is different from a Daytona (probably because of the date).

Nice watches, there were plenty about a few years ago (at reasonable prices), not sure now but from the responses they seem to be harder to find.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post
    The sub dial layout is different from a Daytona (probably because of the date).

Nice watches, there were plenty about a few years ago (at reasonable prices), not sure now but from the responses they seem to be harder to find.
    The subdial arrangement is different due to the use of another movement. The stock Valjoux 7750 arrangement!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    That is the one to have in my opinion. I had this one, but the dial didn't look great under certain lighting when the subdials and dial just all merged in to one
    I had your watch after it had changed hands a few times. It looked great when the light caught it right but it was just too awkward to read most of the time. I do kind of regret selling it though.

Quote Originally Posted by smithdj10 View Post
    The panda is on my chrono 24 search. Not many come up.

The blue above looks good too.
    there is one for sale on the german uhrforum fot the moment at a really decent price

The subdial arrangement is different due to the use of another movement. The stock Valjoux 7750 arrangement!
    Thanks, I was aware of the fact that it has a different movement it's just that a popular placement of the date for a 12 hour watch with three sub dials is at the 3 position, between 4 and 5 or at the 6 (Tag Monza cal.36 and others).

Quote Originally Posted by soesgsxr View Post
    there is one for sale on the german uhrforum fot the moment at a really decent price

Do you have the link please as I have tried looking for it (even with translate) but still can't find it. Thx:-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by soesgsxr View Post
    Thanks, I'll look at that late, although I need to move something first really.

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    Do you have the link please as I have tried looking for it (even with translate) but still can't find it. Thx:-)
    My fault i made a mistake and mixed it up with this one

https://www.chrono24.nl/tudor/chrono...arch/index.htm

and this one is a 79280 but panda. I don't know the differences with a 79260P. Has to doe something with polished lugs no?

https://uhrforum.de/tudor-prince-dat...-panda-t253478
    Last edited by soesgsxr; 24th May 2016 at 18:27.

Like both of those two, pretty reasonabley priced I feel for a daytona style watch. Saw an old post that had one with the word chrono across the top of the dial, not sure about that, but the style is good.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Like both of those two, pretty reasonabley priced I feel for a daytona style watch. Saw an old post that had one with the word chrono across the top of the dial, not sure about that, but the style is good.
    That's a Ref 20300 like the one in the link below.
    Nice watch, but the word "Chrono" across the top ruins it for me. Much prefer the 79260/79280

http://www.watchclub.com/w6601/tudor...mm-chronograph

Master
    P stands for polished lugs indeed...
    The one in uhrforum is a steal for the price...
    Even though mine is the 79260p I prefer the brushed lugs edition..

Dear OP
    You can find a few 79280 watches here

http://www.powanloiwatch.com.hk/sear...keyword=Tudor+

Craftsman
    That one on UHR is 1400 gbp - great price. Has anyone bought from that forum? How receptive are they to selling to UK buyers?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdj10 View Post
    That one on UHR is 1400 gbp - great price. Has anyone bought from that forum? How receptive are they to selling to UK buyers?
    I have not bought from the forum. But I have bought quite a few watches from dealers in Germany. Considering they are in the EU they are more than happy to sell to UK buyers and postage so far has been quite reasonable.
    You could at least ask the question! For that price it is definitely worth it

Craftsman
    I have not bought from the forum. But I have bought quite a few watches from dealers in Germany. Considering they are in the EU they are more than happy to sell to UK buyers and postage so far has been quite reasonable.
    You could at least ask the question! For that price it is definitely worth it
    It is, although I need to flip something first!

After looking in depth at the Prince Chronograph I pulled the trigger on a Tudor last Saturday & it arrived today......not however the chronograph that is the subject of this thread.

A fantastic watch though, the finish is superb.

Craftsman
    Nice, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    After looking in depth at the Prince Chronograph I pulled the trigger on a Tudor last Saturday & it arrived today......not however the chronograph that is the subject of this thread.

A fantastic watch though, the finish is superb.
    Congratulations. They look great with a cyclops fitted, too.