closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incoming (vape content)

I was chatting to my 18 year old son last week, he commented how many of his friends are smoking and vapeing at the moment - and how many are ‘trying to give it up’ - at which point I smirked and pointed out that every smoker I meet is ‘trying to give it up’ - and why it completely escaped me why anyone starts in the first place (particularly 18 year olds who know the health risks of smoking). He chuckled and said he completely agrees - and how he’s convinced we’ll eventually find out all kinds of health risks around vapeing as ‘sucking any crap into your lungs has to be inherently a bad idea - as you need them for important stuff like breathing’. Kind of sums up my thoughts exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    A friend of mine does this, and it’s apparently easy to make, the odour is still there but you can mix a bit of fruity juice with it to not make it as obvious.As no one really takes much notice of vaping anymore it’s probably more common than you think.
    True enough, and if you'd prefer not to risk inhaling anything, there's always edibles.

Apprentice
    Dude, I recently found out that my son smokes and I was very disappointed and I did not even imagine that it was possible ... It was really terrible for me! I found several packs of cigarettes in his pocket and at first he tried to say that it was wrong, but in the end he admitted and said that the problem is that he cannot quit smoking. I promised to help him and found a great vape with the most delicious liquids. He followed my advice and soon he was able to get rid of nicotine addiction. So vaping is really a working method to quit smoking!
    Last edited by underwood1988; 27th May 2020 at 17:05.

Quote Originally Posted by underwood1988 View Post
    nice picture
    I agree with u!
    Wow - great find for your first post, and thanks for the unbelievably timely bump. It’s now 4 years since my last cigarette
    Last edited by learningtofly; 21st May 2020 at 20:07.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Are you still vaping Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Wow - great find for your first post, and thanks for the unbelievably timely bump. It’s now 4 years since my last cigarette
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Are you still vaping Tony?
    I am, but I'd consider myself a relatively light vaper. I'm gradually working towards cutting it out, but regardless of that I'm delighted to have gone four years without a fag.

Congrats Tony

As of this month, i'm on 7 yrs, still vaping but am down to 4.8mg, can't seem to drop to zero, but should try again as my nic supplies are running out (i DIY my own liquid) and I believe it's tricky to get hold of now

I’m now fourteen months cigarette free. Still vaping but now on 3mg nicotine. Lots of cycling and walking. Probably the healthiest I’ve been since I was a teenager (I’m 49)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from smoking to 0mg vaping - proved to be that I was addicted to the act of puffing and not the nicotine itself. Been 3 yrs now

Ten years for me, after up to forty a day, then three months vaping, to zilch.

I'm still happily vaping after what must be close to nine years now since I started a thread on here that ran to many pages.

Never lapsed once and never been tempted to. Easiest and best thing I've ever done.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    2.5 years off vaping for me, a holiday to Thailand where it’s banned made me go cold turkey & was the push I needed to break that habit. Feels weird now looking back how I’d become addicted to it all.

I’m no wealthier as found other things to buy instead!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I went from smoking to 0mg vaping - proved to be that I was addicted to the act of puffing and not the nicotine itself. Been 3 yrs now
    I’m now fourteen months cigarette free. Still vaping but now on 3mg nicotine. Lots of cycling and walking. Probably the healthiest I’ve been since I was a teenager (I’m 49)

Keep in mind that nicotine is far from being a 'healthy' substance for the body:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Emesittel View Post
    Well done, congratulations!

I now can’t believe I used to smoke!

All vapers, and smokers, will likely need their 'titty bottle soothers' for years.

It is possible to permanently quit nicotine.

I managed to quit over 30 years ago ... inspired by an office colleague who had quit a few months prior to me .. and the smoking related death of my father .

I picked a day several weeks ahead when I was going to quit ... and during those weeks focused on that date every day ... brainwashing myself (auto-suggestion) that I would quit "for ever and ever" on that day ... writing down all the reasons why I needed to quit boosted the 'focusing'.

The weeks of daily concentration worked and I've never felt the need for nicotine since that landmark day when I miraculously quit ... and in today's values have thus avoided spending c. £190K on fags

Best decision I ever made.
    Last edited by sundial; 28th July 2021 at 12:30.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Emesittel View Post
    Why did your quote of RustyBin add a link to a seed site??

To be on topic, I went from up to 40 a day to none overnight; nearly 18yrs ago now. Hardest part was losing the breaks from my desk :-)

I can see why people take the vape to wean themselves down but surely it just becomes another addiction. My colleague has now been vaping for years and can’t see he is still addicted to nicotine….. I think that time may show some adverse effect of vaping - not sure it was ever meant to be long term use.

Also love the fact a lot of vapers think that people don’t notice they are doing it in places it is meant not allowed.

I am eternally grateful the TFB for his 2012 thread about vaping, it convinced me to have a go, to replace my rolling tobacco habit.
    Nine years later I have not touched any type of cigar or cigarette since starting to vape, and it only took me 18 months to work down the vape scale to zero nicotine, and then stop that altogether as well.

Vaping was a much easier addiction to break, because (unlike smoking) you can remove the nicotine incrementally whilst keeping both the flavour and the habit.
    Having got to zero, it was easy to stop, especially as the flavours are not the greatest (imho), so although vaping could be seen as an addiciton, it is massively less harmful than smoking (no products of partial combustion), and an easier one to break.
    Dave

... took the skull for a stroll last night ... fag packets donated by Nealywheelie and Mark B
    Last edited by sundial; 29th July 2021 at 12:58.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"