closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick & Dirty SOTC

Quick & Dirty SOTC

Very quick camera phone shots, while I have most of my watches out. Some are on the otherside of the world though along with my camera :(

Also, I haven't had a chance to add the other models of Eddie's, apart from the Speedbird GMT which is one of the regular wears, and none of the quartz watches with the exception of my new Skywalker X-33 purchase earlier today.

But... I'm sure you'll agree, I need to add the Patek this week :)

The Skywalker comes in quite a large box - but it was at a price I just couldn't refuse - I had left going into town until later in the morning, to let fate take its course. I didn't want to get too tempted with my immiment Patek purchase coiming up, and thought I'd let someone else wanted to buy it, but as it was still there when I popped into town, I just couldn't leave it there :)

It's just a matter of time...

For gods sake man - far too many watches that look alike

Really fantastic collection - my favourite has to be the GO. Maybe because I have the same one :)

The Patek will sit lovely in that bunch

Master
    2 identical 1200m PloProf's? Good man!

Beautiful, although I am uncertain what the difference is between the two Ploprofs.

More importantly, should you ever sell one of the no date Subs, I will beat a path to your door....

Master
    Jealous? Moi?

Master
    The sky walker
    is a really cool looking watch. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Lovely collection.
    The 5711 will fit in just fine with that lot.

Why do you have 2 Ploprof's? Because you can!
    Fantastic collection!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    For gods sake man - far too many watches that look alike

Really fantastic collection - my favourite has to be the GO. Maybe because I have the same one :)

The Patek will sit lovely in that bunch
    The GO is lovely, and the watch I wear to board meetings more than any other these days.

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Doesn't everyone? To be fair, I've always had a thing about having more than one of the watches I really loved. I thought I'd got that worked out over the last year or so when I sold up all the multiples to clear my mortgage - but I still have x2's: SD 16600; 16610LV; 14060M COSC; and the Ploprofs. At least they are the only ones now :) hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Beautiful, although I am uncertain what the difference is between the two Ploprofs.

More importantly, should you ever sell one of the no date Subs, I will beat a path to your door....
    There is absolutely no difference between the two, accept one has years of warranty left and the other doesn't :) Oh, one came on a bracelet and the other on the rubber strap - I knew there must be a reason.

I sold off all the non-date subs I'm ever going to sell - so they are staying for the long-haul I'm afraid :)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    Jealous? Moi?
    No need to be jealous - they are only watches. You probably have much more enjoyment from other areas of your life - where mine might be lacking ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    The sky walker
    is a really cool looking watch. Congrats!

I'm loving it so far. I was trying to pick one up from the forum before I went travelling a few months ago but it didn't come off - managed to buy a brand new one for less in the end, so I'm happy.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 21st May 2016 at 19:13. Reason: Forgot the LV's

Lovely watches. All I would be happy to own and wear.
    Always nice to see someone else who also appreciates the Omega PP 1200 m reissue.

Hi,

What sort of deal was the x33 up for ?
    Live that watch - never had the pleasure of one of the omega quartz x33's!

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Raj - I like them all and they all have a place.

The Tudor's were a try and see and may not last though (I did the same with the older Tudor Subs). I probably prefer the black dial Black Bay a little more (but the red look best on the aged leather - might just have to track down the leather and clasp, or try the black version) - the Advisor, although I love the look of the black dial version, I haven't worn at all yet so that probably tells me that something else would be a better fit for me.

Not too shabby there Scott :))
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Thanks Dave. It is a far step from the 26 Rolex, not too far behind Omegas and assortment of other brands I had not too long ago (I knew I had a serious problem when I hit over 50!) - but having slowly sold off well over half my watches and reduced and then paid off my mortgage, I know it was the right thing to do. The numbers have crept up a little, so I'll likely have a mini cull at some point in the next 6 months and then think I'll have to adopt the infamous one-in-one-out approach.

Wow, nice collection.

Was in town with my son this morning and we looked at the sky walker but only through the window.

Really cool watch, reckon if I saw one at a good deal I would have jumped at it too. The one I saw was at RRP, might go back and have a proper look.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    Wow, nice collection.

Was in town with my son this morning and we looked at the sky walker but only through the window.

Really cool watch, reckon if I saw one at a good deal I would have jumped at it too. The one I saw was at RRP, might go back and have a proper look.
    I'm loving it - it is the most amount if time I've sent with a manual for anything in a very ling time. I'd prefer 100m WR - but what can you do. I sold the Breitling Emergency because it has very low WR - but I think I'll be keeping this one long term, it should make a very good 'action' watch for me, and it has GMT and an alarm etc. - almost as useful as my 6-Band 5600 Casio G-Shock lol. Also, it was cheaper than any I can see used or new out there at the minute, so I'm very pleased so far.

Wow!
    Great looking collection, congratulations.

How do you choose, which one to wear??

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I'm loving it - it is the most amount if time I've sent with a manual for anything in a very ling time. I'd prefer 100m WR - but what can you do. I sold the Breitling Emergency because it has very low WR - but I think I'll be keeping this one long term, it should make a very good 'action' watch for me, and it has GMT and an alarm etc. - almost as useful as my 6-Band 5600 Casio G-Shock lol. Also, it was cheaper than any I can see used or new out there at the minute, so I'm very pleased so far.
    That is really great, this watch really appeals to me.

I will keep an eye out for flash sales on these, saw a fantastic deal on a new 1200 proploff a while back but did not go for it, as needed to spend money on work related gear.

My son likes the brietling B50 but he really wants to get a Navitimer as he has declared it is his favourite watch ever in looks, he collects G-shocks and is only 15, so the younger generation do like watches. My other son who is 12 has always been big into his watches and has already been through my collection to say he wants my 1970s vintage chrono collection.

Enjoy the sky walker ( and the patek ) :)

Awesome! The question now, then, is do you get a second 5711?!

great collection :-)

enjoy em mate

5711 blue will fit great in there

Quote Originally Posted by WatchIng View Post
    Awesome! The question now, then, is do you get a second 5711?!
    I've already considered that, as I really like the white dial version too - but I think I would have to add a white gold GMT Pepsi before I would add a 2nd Patek. I'd already have to justify a bit of move around to accommodate this Patek in any case, so may as well swap around a few others for one more larger purchase. Ideally I'd have lower numbers and more 'Watch' in my little collection.

Quote Originally Posted by alanski View Post
    great collection :-)

enjoy em mate

5711 blue will fit great in there
    I will, and I think it will fit in perfectly - I've never tried a Patek, apart from trying them on, so it's about time. I foolishly turned down a 5167 Aquanaut on bracelet for £10k brand new from an AD, offered with a small discount at the time too :( I am not sure exactly how many years ago this was to be fair.

Journeyman
    quite a collection to have on your travels

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Wow!
    Great looking collection, congratulations.

How do you choose, which one to wear??
    There are some I have never worn - including the Milguass GV (this is the 4th I've had since they were released, after buying it new some years ago), and the V serial Sea-Dweller; the SMP 2531 and 2254 have been worn less than a handful of times each and are virtually like new (until recently I had duplicates that I wore regularly). The others I rotate, taking 6 watches out at a time - although the 6 always seems to include the Daytona, a Sub, a Seamaster and of course one of the Sea-Dwellers.

I'll generally wear a larger watch, or something a bit more colourful at the weekends; my Daytona for general day to day in rotation with either a Sub/SD/SMP for work wear (I very rarely wear a suit), and then the GO or Daytona for board meetings - apart from that, some days I just wake up and want to wear a particular watch - somedays it just has to be a green dial sub, or the DeepSea, or a Ploprof and then nothing else will do ;)

I was never one for dress watches, but having owned the GO and a Dornbluth, I am attracted to more robust looking dress watches - I think that is why the Patek is so appealing as a cross-over between sport and dress, as it seems to fit in a space I had never considered until recent years; as I always preferred dive watches.

I should mention that I came round to the idea of a having a G-shock (now I have 5 of them!) just in case for things like mountain biking etc. (I used to wear the Daytona), but was hoping the new X-33 or my Terra-Nova Bremont might take over from all but the most extreme of those duties more often now that I have them. I think an older Ti SMP 300m would be absolutely perfect for this type of wear though.

Great collection. The 5711 will add a different dimension

A lovely selection, right up my street. How on earth do you decide which one to wear?! - I genuinely don't think I own that many pairs of underpants?!

Master
    Amazing! I love the X-33 as well; ahem, if you move it on Scott, ahem, ahem, just clearing my throat

Master
    Why do you buy watches and not wear them? Do you think those models will rise in price? I'm puzzled.

Banned
    Lovely collection, especially the Rolex watches. I also like your new Omega, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Why do you buy watches and not wear them? Do you think those models will rise in price? I'm puzzled.
    Just a little OCD that's all. I had a phase of owning multiples of a number of watches and wore one and kept the other. I guess in some sense I collect, or used to collect watches rather than buy them to wear - I doubt any of them would rise dramatically in value from not being worn compared to a worn example - I just like having certain models of my favourite watches in like new condition. I learnt that a long time ago on the old Rolex Daytona's, whether I wore them or not there was very little difference in the used prices, and not enough of a premium to offset the enjoyment of wearing.

I see you have a Tudor Advisor - what do you think of it?
    I have one on order from WoS in Birmingham and hope I love it when it arrives.......
    Thanks in advance

Mike

I think you've got a problem... A lovely problem mind. What a collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    I think you've got a problem... A lovely problem mind. What a collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's ok - I think I know the cure, add a couple of expensive watches and sell off the others to pay for them. I've just worked out that the Patek would coast a similar amount to all my current Omega watches put together - that would save me a small fortune in future service costs, so maybe i need to consider their demise. I'm also thinking about consolidating a few of the Rolex into one more expensive model. If I can achieve something like that then my long term goal of getting to, or under, 11 (expensive) watches could be on the cards!

It's ok - I think I know the cure, add a couple of expensive watches and sell off the others to pay for them. I've just worked out that the Patek would coast a similar amount to all my current Omega watches put together - that would save me a small fortune in future service costs, so maybe i need to consider their demise. I'm also thinking about consolidating a few of the Rolex into one more expensive model. If I can achieve something like that then my long term goal of getting to, or under, 11 (expensive) watches could be on the cards!
    I've been through a similar process myself recently. Not anywhere near on the same scale, but I'm down to a pair of Rolex and never been happier with my collection. Servicing costs are now much more manageable for me and I'll actually wear my two watches regularly. Not really comparable, but similar - sort of.

Good luck with the Patek! I'm sure you'll love it.

Banned
    I've just worked out that the Patek would coast a similar amount to all my current Omega watches put together - that would save me a small fortune in future service costs, so maybe i need to consider their demise.
    It is good that you are being so sensible. You are in the enviable position of being able to buy a Patek AND save a fortune at the same time. Get the Patek.

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    I've been through a similar process myself recently. Not anywhere near on the same scale, but I'm down to a pair of Rolex and never been happier with my collection. Servicing costs are now much more manageable for me and I'll actually wear my two watches regularly. Not really comparable, but similar - sort of.

Good luck with the Patek! I'm sure you'll love it.

It's all relative. Dropping from 5 to a couple or from 100 to 1, it's all a similar exercise, and good to know that lots of people have been through it and feel better for it :) I need to get a sense of perspective and just get back to enjoying my watches properly - which I think will be easier with a few key watches.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    It is good that you are being so sensible. You are in the enviable position of being able to buy a Patek AND save a fortune at the same time. Get the Patek.
    Indeed. I am picking it up this weekend. I'll have a proper sort through whats left and hopefully come to a plan very soon :)

Hope it all works out. Shame if you don't keep even one PloProf reissue!
    I know 5711 is a forum darling but doesn't do it for me.
    Good luck with the process.

I think I'll be keeping at least one Proplof - I tried being without one, and bought another two, so that doesn't work for me ;)

I wasn't aware of the popularity of the 5711 on the forum. I've liked it for years. I always thought I'd go for an Aquanaut, but the Nautilus just felt right when I looked at them last year. Nice and plain, and just enough sports casual to go with most things.

Ideally, I'll have something like:

WG Pepsi GMT
    WG Daytona

and a handful of other watches to play with, including most, or as many of my current Rolex watches that I can keep to achieve the two new purchases above. That exercise should bring my overall watch numbers down to a much more manageable level - which is no bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Batonman View Post
    I see you have a Tudor Advisor - what do you think of it?
    I have one on order from WoS in Birmingham and hope I love it when it arrives.......
    Thanks in advance

Mike
    Hi Omegaman,
    You might have missed this in the thread.....any chance of your thoughts, please??
    Ta

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Batonman View Post
    Hi Omegaman,
    You might have missed this in the thread.....any chance of your thoughts, please??
    Ta

Mike
    I love the looks (and the fact it is an in-house module) - but I haven't worn mine since I bought it about 6 weeks old though. Not sure which configuration you have ordered - but feel free to pm me if you are interested in discussing any particular aspect of it. Also, as it will probably be one of the watches I end up selling - so you that might work for you/me and at a much reduced price compared to your AD. Cheers, Scott

Craftsman
    What a collection. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    That is what separates the man from the boys.
    Lovely group.👍

Master

Thank god for that!!

Cheers for rationalising my collection and want for more!!
    Had more watches and less watches than I have at the moment but sometimes I do worry about just how much I spend?
    Then someone else comes along with a collection like yours and makes me feel like the less crazy one😂🤗

Lovely collection with many stunning pieces!!!

Good luck with any new additions!!

Chris

Master
    I have to say that I just do not get the X-33 but horses-for-courses and all that.

The rest of the watches pictured comprise a really excellent collection with some lovely pieces.

It s interesting to read that you do not wear the Milgauss(es) much. Looking at it amongst the other Rolexes in your collection I think it looks quite handsome but there does not seem to be much love for this watch here on TZ-UK.

Anyway, congrats on putting this great collection together.

Gary
    Last edited by gc52; 23rd May 2017 at 09:22.

Master
    Had not seen the OP as was before my time on this forum. Amazing collection and makes me feel much better about my small one (collection that is) which I had thought excessive. But I do love the idea of one to wear and one bnib to keep. Wish I could afford to do that....

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Robsmck; 23rd May 2017 at 09:02. Reason: Typo

Journeyman
    Oh my word, I wouldn't mind being a watch or two behind you in the collectors stakes. SOTC threads like these do make me smile.

Fantastic collection!

Lovely collection! Thanks for sharing them with us.

It's nice to see a collection that appears to be just the stuff you like, as opposed to trying to cover bases, diver, dress, chrono etc.

Not being familiar with your collection before, has it always been like this or did you ever try to build a genre based collection?

My own small collection is purely a case of "oooh, I like that! Can I afford it?".....

Craftsman
    Superb collection. Thank's for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchaddict View Post
    What a collection. Impressive.
    I should point out that my original SOTC is now over a year old. Unfortunately in some ways, a lot more watches have been added since then.

Time for an update!

TBH I didn't notice this was a thread resurrection, interesting to see a lot of the pieces are just as popular today.