closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom-made watch straps

I got a nice leather nato from Steveostraps. A great strap that didn't break the bank:

http://www.steveostraps.com/

Craftsman
    Another Steveostrap. This may get a mixed response but I had it made to give a different look to my daughters Seamaster.

I'm a big fan of Steveo's stuff. Eagerly awaiting two more from him as I write.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    Another Steveostrap. This may get a mixed response but I had it made to give a different look to my daughters Seamaster.

My son would love that! I think it's awesome

Journeyman

It's a winner winner, good to be different.

Journeyman
    love that thor one. my kids would love a captain america one. you have given me thoughts. also the valentino rossi one on his site.excellent.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jedmtb View Post
    nice one!
    Very Nice indeed

Recently received a strap from Steveo and can highly recommend also. I wanted a certain leather in a vintage style. It wasn't shown on his website but there was no problem in getting it made. Quick turnaround also. It won't be my last from him.

Apprentice
    Some great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukal View Post
    I got a nice leather nato from Steveostraps. A great strap that didn't break the bank:

- - - Updated - - -

Getting tempted by some Nato straps now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Recently received a strap from Steveo and can highly recommend also. I wanted a certain leather in a vintage style. It wasn't shown on his website but there was no problem in getting it made. Quick turnaround also. It won't be my last from him.
    what kind of turnaround are we talking here?

I'm looking at placing an order with him for a custom strap to fit an Oris aquis so it'd be good to know

Journeyman

Canvas

Anyone any ideas where I can get a good canvas NATO/Military style strap for a CWC G10 with fixed lugs 18mm. I don't mind even if it's a Velcro type fastening in fact I wouldn't mind trying a Velcro. Like the khaki green type colour but it's not a major factor. Any ideas much appreciated

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Anyone any ideas where I can get a good canvas NATO/Military style strap for a CWC G10 with fixed lugs 18mm. I don't mind even if it's a Velcro type fastening in fact I wouldn't mind trying a Velcro. Like the khaki green type colour but it's not a major factor. Any ideas much appreciated
    I am now running the risk of this thread starting to look like an advert for Steveostraps but ..... If you check out his site he has canvas NATOs. He very kindly made me one with black hardware to suit my CW Typhoon. It is really well made but may not be the style you are looking for though.

im afraid i have to concur with the posts above. my usual routine is 1. order/buy watch, 2. think about new straps, 3. email steveo or carl at GGB. pretty much every watch i own has a steveo/ggb option in the box or on the watch.
    2 of the best strap makers in the business and pricing is shocking good value for the quality you receive. GB should be proud

the canvas para strap in green is a favourite of mine.

Craftsman
    What a beautiful watch :-O What's the story behind it? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepback Steve View Post
    Any ideas where you can get a strap for a fixed lug watch, that's curved fixed lugs!

Craftsman
    By the way, I came across this site and the straps look very well made http://dangerous9straps.blogspot.co.uk

Journeyman
    hi Guys, noob here.

I just wondered when it comes to bracelet straps, are they make and model specific or can you put generic ones on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DangerBabz View Post
    hi Guys, noob here.

I just wondered when it comes to bracelet straps, are they make and model specific or can you put generic ones on?
    oops my bad!! just realised thi si the wrong section

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukal View Post

just browsing the site there are some nice straps on there.

I like the monza one found here... and the shadow one at the bottom

http://www.steveostraps.com/straps-2/classic

First class service and quality. Steveo's straps are amongst the best out there.

Master
    Quite a few straps at sale prices here https://www.watchgecko.com/special-offers.html?p=2
    There's even a perlon version of you have a WTB for one...

benwoodroffe
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Quite a few straps at sale prices here https://www.watchgecko.com/special-offers.html?p=2
    There's even a perlon version of you have a WTB for one...
    this is a watch gecko strap, twenty quid jobby - has been great, works really nice and transformed my view of the watch.

'scuse the camera blob !

Apprentice

Any idea where i could get a leather strap made for this? I've called a few places but am struggling to find somewhere that will do it. The small distance between the lugs means no conventional replacement strap will fit it.

It's a Breitling Colt GMT +, model ref A32370.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out here!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrean View Post

Any idea where i could get a leather strap made for this? I've called a few places but am struggling to find somewhere that will do it. The small distance between the lugs means no conventional replacement strap will fit it.

It's a Breitling Colt GMT +, model ref A32370.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out here!
    Argh integrated straps! I think someone used to do a 'converter' attachment for solving this issue with these sort of straps, similar to those that enabled Casio G-shocks to be fitted with std. NATO straps... The Casio ones had something like a 16mm block one end but with std. 20mm gap 'lugs' at the other end... Haven't seen them recently though!
    Last edited by K.I.T.T.; 8th January 2017 at 06:25.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. View Post
    Argh integrated straps! I think someone used to do a 'converter' attachment for solving this issue with these sort of straps, similar to those that enabled Casio G-shocks to be fitted with std. NATO straps... The Casio ones had something like a 16mm block one end but with std. 20mm gap 'lugs' at the other end... Haven't seen them recently though!
    An adapter would be an excellent idea - google is giving me no joy though - do you recall where you saw them before?

Try Carl ( member name here gasgasbones ) , he's very skilled and may be able to help with both adapter and strap. https://www.gasgasbones.com/
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Try Carl ( member name here gasgasbones ) , he's very skilled and may be able to help with both adapter and strap. https://www.gasgasbones.com/
    Thanks, I've messaged him through his website.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrean View Post
    Thanks, I've messaged him through his website.

Pleased to help, let's know if you get sorted and if so post some shots of the result.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesnw View Post
    just browsing the site there are some nice straps on there.

I like the monza one found here... and the shadow one at the bottom

http://www.steveostraps.com/straps-2/classic
    Just put an order in for a black leather shadow with electric blue stitching to match this

Michael
    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Custom-made watch straps

[QUOTE=Yorkshiremadmick;4334243]Just put an order in for a black leather shadow with electric blue stitching to match.

Very impressed with the service, packaging and quality of this Steveo Shadow strap, customisation including leather, stitching and buckle.

Michael

^^Good work Mike.That looks superb.Well done

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    ^^Good work Mike.That looks superb.Well done
    Thanks ;-) I'm well chuffed with it. When I can source some pins I will have fixed the S/S strap too. But for now, it's the Rottweiler's dangly bits on this watch.

Craftsman
    Corfam style custom made by Ko;

Apprentice

Pilot Strap

I'm UK-based and I'm looking for a leather pilot strap (20mm) - the sort with rivets close to the lugs. Ideally, I'd like to chose the leather stock myself but I'm looking for one in whiskey-brown and one in chestnut. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Many thanks
    V

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinatopian View Post
    I'm UK-based and I'm looking for a leather pilot strap (20mm) - the sort with rivets close to the lugs. Ideally, I'd like to chose the leather stock myself but I'm looking for one in whiskey-brown and one in chestnut. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Many thanks
    V
    http://www.steveostraps.com/straps-2/top-end-stuff

There is only one colour on there but I'm sure Steveo would make the same pattern in any colour leather he had available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Patek strap replacement.

I want a custom strap for my PP 5980. Where is best site to get from please.

Does anyone have any pics of a Speedy on the steveo straps vintage racer please?

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Yorkshiremadmick;4347825]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Just put an order in for a black leather shadow with electric blue stitching to match.

Very impressed with the service, packaging and quality of this Steveo Shadow strap, customisation including leather, stitching and buckle.

Michael
    Now that is a cool watch/strap combo.

Here is a selection of straps which I have recently bought, to wear with my SubC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyjack View Post
    Corfam style custom made by Ko;

Nice!

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Straps for the Junghans Meister Pilot (43.3mm diameter) for a small wrist

i'm interested in the rather large Junghans Meister Pilot (43.3mm diameter of case!). yet, my wrist size is merely 6" to 6 1/4".

this will likely be the largest watch of mine.

may i ask where i may buy a 22mm SHORT leather strap please? i'm trying to find a strap that has kind of an aged leather look, but i'd need a SHORT length strap.

custom straps are also fine. my preference for this particular watch's straps would be:

- some type of texture, whether leather texture or varied colors providing a visual texture

- works well with the vintage lume color of the hour markers and hands

- works well with the black dial and the stainless case

thank you in advance.

I had this unusual strap made by Mia Sabel - an old piece of bamboo-print leather for my Habring2.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    I had this unusual strap made by Mia Sabel - an old piece of bamboo-print leather for my Habring2.

Wow. That is really something rather special.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Junghans Meister Pilot - Vintage Lume Model

Dear All:

I have a new Junghans Meister Pilot - Vintage Lume Variant, Black dial with vanilla/yellowish lume for hour markers and hands.

My wrist is very small at 6" to 6 1/4", so I'll need a new strap, most likely custom.

I also don't like the black and brown combination colored strap that this vintage lume model comes with (it's also too long a strap for me).

As I like texture on these types of "pilot styled" straps, I thought that possibly Buffalo or Shark might be options to consider.

What I cannot decide is whether this watch would look better with a black strap, a grey strap, or a brown strap?

Clearly, a brown strap would bring out the vintage vanilla/yellowish lume (fauxtina ;).

Yet, grey or black might make the watch stand out more crisply, especially with white thread stitching or ecru/off white stitching.

May I ask the good folks here for your experienced eye and thoughts, please? Thank you in advance.

The issue is whether a black or grey strap might tilt the overall hue of the entire watch+strap to overly cool, so that the idea of "vintage lume" (albeit fauxtina) is lost?

I personally don't wear a lot of browns and khakis and beiges, so that's one strike against the brown. Yet, since I have very few brown strapped watches, this might be one good opportunity to get a brown strap to go with the vintage colored lume.

I'm attaching picture of the watch itself, plus black, grey, brown in both shark and buffalo.

Order of pictures:

- pictures of the Junghans Meister Pilot with vintage lume.

- Black Shark
    - Grey Shark
    - Brown Shark

- Black Buffalo
    - Grey Buffalo
    - Brown Buffalo

- Glossy Beaver Tail (only glossy available in Beaver Tail, unfortunately)

Thank you. Pardon me in advance for such a lengthy post.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Black Shark
    [IMG]
    Grey Shark
    [IMG]
    Brown Shark
    [IMG]
    Black Buffalo
    [IMG]
    Grey Buffalo
    [IMG]
    Brown Buffalo

[IMG]
    Glossy Beaver Tail (unfortunately, only available in glossy)
    Last edited by Dualmonitors; 28th November 2017 at 01:24.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Wow. That is really something rather special.

R
    Mia's work is second to none. Her straps are incredible quality and worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    Mia's work is second to none. Her straps are incredible quality and worth every penny.
    As a matter of interest how do you contact her? I've sent emails to two different addresses and left a message on her voicemail without success; I have an interesting strap restoration project I'd like her to take a look at. I appreciate her website places an emphasis on visiting her atelier but it's not something I can manage prior to Christmas.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Puller View Post
    I want a custom strap for my PP 5980. Where is best site to get from please.
    I would think ABP Paris would be a good starting point?

Master
    Blog Entries

GasGasBones

http://www.gasgasbones.com

he's open for a short while

I’ve been looking at his mk3 watch today,that’s some job he’s done on it and the presentation.

In the end I ordered a aquatimer strap to try and a spitfire wallet.
    I bought it just for the stunning engraving, I don’t really need another wallet (as if that matters).

Thanks for the heads up, he is only open for three days until tomorrow. I have ordered a strap, a NATO and a tool.

Hey guys,

I've been a long time TZ-UK lurker, never posted before but a New Year = new start, so thought I'd finally show my face and join the community properly.

Not sure if this is the right section to post or not but here goes... I've been making straps for some time now (images below), it would be great to get some feedback and honest/constructive criticism.

More images are available on my Instagram account goo.gl/zdrx7p

Thanks
    Scott
    Last edited by ScottUK; 3rd January 2018 at 18:03.

[QUOTE=HEKTOR;4508992]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post

Now that is a cool watch/strap combo.
    Thank You, was a fundraiser watch purchase and needed a strap. Really chuffed with it and it wears well ;-)

Baby Blue/Robin's Egg Blue Strap on Steel Daytona White Dialed

Dear All:

May I please ask if you feel a guy can carry this Baby Blue/Robin's Egg Blue leather strap on a steel Daytona (white dialed version, pre-ceramic bezel)?

It's refreshing, and if it's a watch that doesn't get much wrist time, maybe this will bring it out more?

Or, is it a bit much for a guy?

Thank you in advance.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]