closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moeris ATP

Craftsman

Moeris ATP

Hi all, just thought I would share a couple of photos of my Moeris ATP watch. It has had a new crystal and been serviced whilst in my care and at only ~33mm is typical for a 1930's watch. This one has an almost glossy patina to the dial where as the only other ones I have seen are matt and more cream in colour - suspect this may be down to storage or where it has been used?

For an 80 odd year old watch, it is running really well and enjoy wearing it regularly in my rotation.

The good thing about the Moeris ATPs is the 18mm lugs, easy to find straps. Here's mine with its cousin.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    The good thing about the Moeris ATPs is the 18mm lugs, easy to find straps. Here's mine with its cousin
    Ah, yours in in much better order than mine!

Am I right in thinking that the shock absorber movements were a later issue?

Have a Timor on the way from a speculative auction bid :) not really quite sure what I will receive...
    Last edited by andyd30; 16th May 2016 at 18:17.

Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post

Am I right in thinking that the shock absorber movements were a later issue?
    Dunno, I always thought shock absorbtion was one of the spec's of ATP watches, along with sub-seconds dial and luminous hands and hour dots.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's interesting because I acquired one recently & mine doesn't have "shock absorber" on the dial. The ones in Konrad's Bible all seem to have it.

Mine also has the horizontal band of lume at 6, same as the OP

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    That's interesting because I acquired one recently & mine doesn't have "shock absorber" on the dial. The ones in Konrad's Bible all seem to have it.

Mine also has the horizontal band of lume at 6, same as the OP
    What got me interested in ATP watches originally was my Granddads ATP, which I got fixed up for my Dad a few months ago. His also does not have the shock absorber. I will try to find where I read the shock absorber was a later issue (still ATP but later serial) and will post the link when I find it. This is my Dad's ATP:

I love ATP watches!

Craftsman
    Dunno, I always thought shock absorbtion was one of the spec's of ATP watches, along with sub-seconds dial and luminous hands and hour dots.
    I found the reference to moeris shock protection in a post on another forum. Can post the link if anyone is interested, but extract from post below.

'The 25xxxxx number is the case number. Moeris in that range were non-shock protected. Serials after 28xxxxx had shock protection.'

Be interested to know if your serial is greater than 28xxxxx

Master
    Blog Entries
    Mine is 26xxxxx & non-shock
    Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    I found the reference to moeris shock protection in a post on another forum. Can post the link if anyone is interested, but extract from post below.

'The 25xxxxx number is the case number. Moeris in that range were non-shock protected. Serials after 28xxxxx had shock protection.'

Be interested to know if your serial is greater than 28xxxxx

Just checked - 272XXXX

I Love the typeface used on the Moeris.
    Here is mine next to a Grana ATP. (if only it was a WWW) It is a non shock protected version serial No. 265xxxx

Craftsman
    Just checked - 272XXXX
    That's good to know, thanks.

Looks like internet forums are not always quite right as yours is below the 28xxxxx, but it does suggest that the higher serials were shock protected. Mine just for completeness is also 26xxxxx