closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rolex 2016 price increase - UK

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    Nice - very nice

Currently in a dilemma - been offered a Rolex Master II BNLR - should I snap it up, even if it sits in a box for a while?
    I would certainly grab one if you can mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Have you modded yours yet?
    No not yet, the main custom guys from ABC have moved and started LA Watchworks that and I'm downstairs to just one watch so I'm waiting on the Daytona to come in and then the SDc will be off (based on me also being able to source a choice selection of Rolex bits which as you know is not easy)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    Nice - very nice

Currently in a dilemma - been offered a Rolex Master II BNLR - should I snap it up, even if it sits in a box for a while?
    It's a no brainer. Go for it. I would, and I have one already.

I take it the BLNR is nigh on impossible to get just now if not already on a waiting list? I phoned round a few dealers (chains and independents) last week but nothing. Maybe stock is being held back until August.

Master
    BLNR has been difficult to buy for a while....now after brexit even more so most watch shops having bumper sales from tourists!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Be interesting to see what watchfinder do. Especially with the BLNR as they are currently £6,450 and £6,750 . . . Expensive today but wonder whether they will still look expensive come Monday!!!

Makes me wonder why they would sell it so close to anticipated price rise. Surely it would make more sense to leave it until the price rise and then profit more. That should make more business sense. I suppose on the flip side the price rise may not occur or it will kill the sale! Maybe they have bigger things to worry about

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by teeth man View Post
    Makes me wonder why they would sell it so close to anticipated price rise. Surely it would make more sense to leave it until the price rise and then profit more. That should make more business sense. I suppose on the flip side the price rise may not occur or it will kill the sale! Maybe they have bigger things to worry about
    Sales of Rolex seem to have risen at AD's with all the talk of price rises so no doubt sales will slow down going forward, so maybe Watchfinder realise that those prices are about as high as they are likely to get and that they are more likely to get that now than in the near future. I was In one of the stores of the AD I use today and they say they just aren't getting what they call the professional/SS stock at the moment subs included.

That said we on forums are only a small part of people that buy watches so maybe our views are distorted and not a true reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    That said we on forums are only a small part of people that buy watches so maybe our views are distorted and not a true reflection.
    Probably true...

Master
    There will NOT be a price rise on 1st August.

Still expecting one before the Summer is out.

H

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

H
    Interesting news, especially considering other brands that have already made a move. Perhaps a long-term move given the currency fluctuation situation is by no means over either way?

Master

H
    I remember someone saying and I think it was you Haywood, that Rolex account for nearly all the top 10 or 20 watch sales in the UK for I guess prestigious Swiss timepieces. Maybe with this being taken into account Rolex could possibly think longer and harder than other brands about increases as they have far more at stake.

The currency market is a fickle thing and things may change again.

I have no idea if this has happened but will be interesting to see if more stock appears at AD's all of a sudden as maybe they have held some back in anticipation of an August 1st rise. Probably not but we'll soon know.

I believe most ADs are selling what stock they can get - their margins will be similar pre and post rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    My information is that is it's (the UK price increase) been put back by 2-3 weeks until after the vote.
    What does your source say now?

Craftsman
    The source is an 8 ball haha.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    What does your source say now?

If you're desperately interested I'll ask them.....

Question

H

As I posted earlier/the other thread if AD's didn't hear today that 1st August was the day then it's not happening yet as you have just said Haywood. Did your source offer an alternate view on when it might be?

Selfridges London had the new Explorer in the display in the Rolex Boutique about an hour ago when I was in there. I know a few people were looking for one from various threads.

Someone I know says it is 10% from Monday.

Master
    As I posted earlier/the other thread if AD's didn't hear today that 1st August was the day then it's not happening yet as you have just said Haywood. Did your source offer an alternate view on when it might be?
    Those who would need to know in order to revise the individual prices have not been instructed yet, which is why I know it cannot now be 1st August.

The criteria which make the certainty of it coming before long remain just as pressing.

One contact put it to me that Rolex only ever change prices on the 1st of the month, which of course need not be the case but does prove historically to have been so when I look back at nine price adjustments since October 2006.

1st September thus has a target on its back at Milton Towers.

Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Selfridges London had the new Explorer in the display in the Rolex Boutique about an hour ago when I was in there. I know a few people were looking for one from various threads.
    Thanks for the heads up but it has gone already apparently and they wouldn't have taken payment and delivered anyway :(
    The search goes on...

Blimey that was speedy! Sorry it was no help to you.

If you're desperately interested I'll ask them.....
    I'm interested if the information is reliable.

Craftsman
    just phoned a local AD and they have a BLNR in stock. Which they`re happy for me to look at, however they`ve got a 10 people list to phone this afternoon.

Be nice if everybody decides it ain`t for them at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    I'm interested if the information is reliable.

How much FX driven decisions are reliable post BREXIT? The original information is/was solid (as was the source that works in Geneva) but the whole complexion was changed at the end of June here in the UK and since then all bets are off in the short term business world.

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    just phoned a local AD and they have a BLNR in stock. Which they`re happy for me to look at, however they`ve got a 10 people list to phone this afternoon.

Be nice if everybody decides it ain`t for them at the moment

Why would you need to "look at" it mate? If you're in the market for one and they will sell it to you I'd be all over it with a deposit over the telephone to stop them calling 10 other potential buyers - not that they'd get much past the first one if you turned it down!

Good luck!

I think the whole Rolex supply/demand/price marketing ploy is beyond a joke at times.

So, you peruse the Rolex website and decide you'd like to purchase a D-Blu Deepsea....,,,
    Recently whilst in Europe I went into four Rolex AD's- 2 in Cologne and 2 in Seville-
    all of them said they get 1 D-Blu every 6 months at the most and have a waiting list-
    One Rolex store in Cologne said they had not had a D-Blu for over a year.
    Rolex may have a long term successful marketing strategy in place to keep up demand and prices
    but rather than fill the shop windows with boring Datejusts I don't think it would do any harm to
    increase allocation of more desirable sports models to keep the enthusiast clientele happy..,,.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Thanks for the heads up but it has gone already apparently and they wouldn't have taken payment and delivered anyway :(
    The search goes on...
    I don't post here much, but thought I'd chime in to mention that my local AD had the new explorer in the window a couple of days ago - Tarratts in Leicester.

Tarratts of Leicester is in fact owned by George Pragnell of Stratford upon Avon- they are definitely worth
    a phone call when trying to source any Rolex- very good service.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Thanks very much for posting - just managed to get down there and sneak it.

Very happy with the purchase.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Tarratts of Leicester is in fact owned by George Pragnell of Stratford upon Avon- they are definitely worth
    a phone call when trying to source any Rolex- very good service.
    Just got this email from Tarretts this minute......

I hope my email finds you well.

Due to exchange rate changes in the recent weeks, the UK is by far the most competitive market in the world for many of our watch brands and fine jewellery.

As a valued customer I wanted to inform you that some of the watch companies we represent are soon increasing their recommended retail prices in the UK.

With best wishes and kind regards,

Graham Adcock
    Director

Master

Tarratt

Tarratt have (has?) rebranded themselves (itself?), no doubt at some cost. They were Tarratt's, but are no longer.

(Yes, someone conned them into believing that this major change would have the world beating a path to their door.)

Sadly, they seem to be struggling for business, having committed themselves heavily to the watch trade in a small city that's already provided with a Rolex AD and other major brands.

Their location, once prime, is now home to nail parlours, charity shops and to their new neighbour, a bike shop.

Their website is poor and their future seems poorer still.

No wonder they're sending scare-mongering emails.

The manageress at Goldsmiths in Liverpool was telling me that as of the 1st August Rolex prices are going up by a minimum of 10%. This was this afternoon and when I asked her why nobody else appears to know she told me that they have been informed by Rolex. Lots of different opinions about this. They will definitely go up soon but I have no idea why she would sat that they have been told if they haven't. She would look a plonker if on Monday prices are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    The manageress at Goldsmiths in Liverpool was telling me that as of the 1st August Rolex prices are going up by a minimum of 10%. This was this afternoon and when I asked her why nobody else appears to know she told me that they have been informed by Rolex. Lots of different opinions about this. They will definitely go up soon but I have no idea why she would sat that they have been told if they haven't. She would look a plonker if on Monday prices are the same.
    I think I will go with the "no increase from 1 August" as mentioned by HM earlier in the thread, than the manageress from Goldsmiths Liverpool!

Neil

Question

How about we open a book and all proceeds go to the Fundraiser?

Relax, guys. I have some very accurate information right from the horse's mouth that I will share with you but please don't let it outside the forum.
    My dog- walker told me that her BFF's BF knows someone who works for a Rolex AD and he heard the owner saying there is going to be a Rolex price increase....... Sometime in next two years. He wasn't sure if it was in UK or USA or somewhere else but there is definitely a Rolex price increase coming in next two years....somewhere in the world. And, you can take it to the bank. This information is unimpeachable but do remember, I am sharing this in utmost confidence.

Master

Rolex 2016 price increase - UK

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Tarratt have (has?) rebranded themselves (itself?), no doubt at some cost. They were Tarratt's, but are no longer.

(Yes, someone conned them into believing that this major change would have the world beating a path to their door.)

Sadly, they seem to be struggling for business, having committed themselves heavily to the watch trade in a small city that's already provided with a Rolex AD and other major brands.

Their location, once prime, is now home to nail parlours, charity shops and to their new neighbour, a bike shop.

Their website is poor and their future seems poorer still.

No wonder they're sending scare-mongering emails.
    You will
    be surprised. A lot of UK Ads are in fact doing rather very well after brexit! The market is global and you will have people from Hong Kong US or wherever calling anywhere in the UK to source pateks or Rolex etx. They may seem to be in a quiet place but trust me they are getting business. The price rises are already confirmed apart from
    Rolex, IWC has already done so, Cartier also. Panerai and Patek have confirmed for August.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.d View Post
    I don't post here much, but thought I'd chime in to mention that my local AD had the new explorer in the window a couple of days ago - Tarratts in Leicester.
    Apparently they only have the old model and are awaiting their first new model. This is getting frustrating now.

Apparently they only have the old model and are awaiting their first new model. This is getting frustrating now.
    Tarrats have had a new model in as a forum member purchased it!

Well their staff are liars, or just clueless.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    You will
    be surprised. A lot of UK Ads are in fact doing rather very well after brexit! The market is global and you will have people from Hong Kong US or wherever calling anywhere in the UK to source pateks or Rolex etx. They may seem to be in a quiet place but trust me they are getting business. The price rises are already confirmed apart from
    Rolex, IWC has already done so, Cartier also. Panerai and Patek have confirmed for August.

A good general point, I'm sure.

Tarratt, however, employ two full-time jewellers (i.e. makers of jewellery), a large in-shop sales staff, a security guard and their business is structured traditionally. Post-Brexit overseas sales may well help them for a while, but not forever.

New Explorer in Fraser Hart Kingston. Also have new Air King, Deepsea and Sea dweller plus the blue and green Milgauss.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Tarrats have had a new model in as a forum member purchased it!
    Thanks for confirming this or I'd have thought I was going mad. I 100% saw one in the window.

Journeyman
    Well their staff are liars, or just clueless.
    The latter I expect. Probably sold it before all staff saw that it had been in stock. I've dealt with them quite a bit and they're not the type to lie, I don't think.

Thanks for confirming this or I'd have thought I was going mad. I 100% saw one in the window.

The latter I expect. Probably sold it before all staff saw that it had been in stock. I've dealt with them quite a bit and they're not the type to lie, I don't think.

Agee great staff there and I bet a mix up as they are very similar to the non WIS, speak with Graham he's great to deal with.

As for the Explorer you saw it may of been the new version but it would of meant they have had two in as the first one they got went to a member on here a few weeks back.

In fairness to Tarratt, the watches are so similar (including the reference, for pity's sake!) that it's possible to see why one that they possibly had on hand for less than a couple of days went unnoticed by a couple of the sales staff.

Believe me, they could be a lot worse:

Me: "I'm enquiring about your stock levels of the new Explorer, the 2016 one!"

Lady at my local AD: "Is that the one with the blue and black bezel?"

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    In fairness to Tarratt, the watches are so similar (including the reference, for pity's sake!) that it's possible to see why one that they possibly had on hand for less than a couple of days went unnoticed by a couple of the sales staff.

Believe me, they could be a lot worse:

Me: "I'm enquiring about your stock levels of the new Explorer, the 2016 one!"

Lady at my local AD: "Is that the one with the blue and black bezel?"
    If you think that was bad, I asked mappin and Webb at bluewater if they had a seadweller 4000 this week only to go through a great big charade about how it was on hold for a customer etc, I finally get to the store after they relent to let me buy it and the Rolex trained staff member pulls out a deep sea and I say no I want the seadweller 4000 and he says "that is the seadweller 4000?" I'm in shock, so now I beckon over another sales assistant. "Are you knowledgable about the seadweller 4000?" I ask. Same thing. Errrrrrrrr let me check the book she says, er the deep sea is the 4000 she says as its waterproof to 3900m. For the love of god they wouldn't have it. Anyhow I managed to buy the correct watch the following day. Thick as two planks of wood the pair of them.

Mapping & Webb in Manchester had an Explorer 1 in when I had a look on Wednesday. Not sure if it was the new or old one though.

Rolex 2016 price increase - UK

It would only be a surprise if the prices were going down.

Craftsman

Rolex

I called a dealer to buy a strap. Explained to the dealer I wasn't in the market for a new watch, as I have just purchased one, but asked if he knew anything about a price increase. He told me 1 Aug prices are going up 10-12%. He seemed pretty sure but i guess we will see tomorrow morning.