closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A cleanup of a dirty Rolex>>>>>

A cleanup of a dirty Rolex>>>>>

After I have check it out a little closer, it's not time for a cleanup yet on this one.

So until the time you get to be satisfied with last year's cleanup.

Click here to watch it

Fair play, that is a watch that see's life, looking forward to seeing the latest clean up..

Are you the guy that rebuilds tractor engines while wearing the Rollie?

Nice ,,

Nice to see a well used one, nice work also!

Please don't bring that to the next Rolex GTG without a clean up:-)
    Just kiddin
    You know the best when it is the time for clean up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What do you put in the ultrasonic bath?

Warm water and a bit of fairy or something else?

Jocke, you replaced the crystal last year, what do you do with it to get it in this shape in a year? Hit it with your camera or tripod? Wrestle alligators ? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Love the blue dial

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    excellent!!! lovely patina

as said that blue is really nice.
    Last edited by southerner101; 7th May 2016 at 19:29.

Banned
    Looks like the watch has been mucked up on purpose, so the cleanup will be all the more impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Looks like the watch has been mucked up on purpose, so the cleanup will be all the more impressive...
    You can't help yourself,can you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    You can't help yourself,can you?
    I call it like I see it. If people want to play the muck it up/clean it game, fine. I don't think many people really believe that someone actually wore a watch that looked like that.

I call it like I see it. If people want to play the muck it up/clean it game, fine. I don't think many people really believe that someone actually wore a watch that looked like that.
    You're a humourless little fart aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    What do you put in the ultrasonic bath?

Warm water and a bit of fairy or something else?
    I got some fluid with the cleaner but citric acid and water works well too.

Then you should see my feets.

Why would you treat a watch this way?

Grow up little man.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Why would you treat a watch this way?
    Its his beater. Why ever not?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Its his beater. Why ever not?
    Rolex as a beater lol

Journeyman
    No idea how a watch could get that dirty.

If I told you for a fact that is absolutely true that this is Jockes beater (work watch, whatever), would you believe me or label me a liar?

You wouldn't believe the condition of some of the watches I get in for servicing, not to mention the smell, damn horrible contaminating my work area with dead skin and alike!

Good work on your clean up, look forward to more.

Master
    "the muck it up/clean it game"? Not sure I've heard of that one before.

What does it matter anyway? Makes for an interesting and informative story, so why pick holes in it? (Rhetorical question, I think we all know why...)

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    Jocke is an old, and valued member, and probably one of the most knowledgeable members on the forum....... and you question his integrity??

Call it as you see it? Are you blind??

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Good luck with the clean up jocke, mine just gets a dobey now and again.

mike

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doug darter View Post
    Jocke is an old, and valued member, and probably one of the most knowledgeable members on the forum....... and you question his integrity??

Call it as you see it? Are you blind??

Yes leave Jocke alone, he's going to Tarmac my Driveway for me, with the material he cleans off that Rolex!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    "the muck it up/clean it game"? Not sure I've heard of that one before.

What does it matter anyway? Makes for an interesting and informative story, so why pick holes in it? (Rhetorical question, I think we all know why...)
    I am just suggesting that the "story" would have been a bit more interesting and believable if he had taken it a little easier on that watch.

I am just suggesting that the "story" would have been a bit more interesting and believable if he had taken it a little easier on that watch.
    I can use quotes.

You bring a new level to the term "unpleasant".

There are dozens of activities that will make a watch look like that, especially over the course of a year.

Not in the same league but I gave this a clean up today, it is regularly in this state

You are completely missing the point.

The story is made interesting, precisely because of the condition of the watch, and because Jocke does not baby the watch. This is his beater. If it wasn't so dirty, abused, and messed about, if he hadn't abused it, it would be a non story.

If you had taken the time and trouble to reserch Jocke, and read more of his posts, tou would understand.

It's the way Jocke is.

You have been appallingly unfair to him. I think you should just make your peace and move on, because as it is, you are digging deeper and deeper with every negative post you make.

You have been appallingly unfair to him. I think you should just make your peace and move on, because as it is, you are digging deeper and deeper with every negative post you make.
    You still take him seriously? I think you're about the only one left who does.

Personally, I love cleaning watches, the muckier the better. It's very therapeutic. Seeing previously grungy parts emerge sparkling from the ultrasonic is a delight. I'm sure I've got some very serious psychological issues, but who cares? There's always my collection of singing potatoes to keep me sane.

Banned
    Only a gibbering idiot would suggest such stories would be made up as only a gibbering idiot would do that sortof thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    You still take him seriously? I think you're about the only one left who does.

Personally, I love cleaning watches, the muckier the better. It's very therapeutic. Seeing previously grungy parts emerge sparkling from the ultrasonic is a delight. I'm sure I've got some very serious psychological issues, but who cares? There's always my collection of singing potatoes to keep me sane.
    Praise the lord, everyone can stray from the path, and be converted. Allelujah!

I don't take him too seriously, but whatever his motive for the vindictive original post, he owes Jocke an apology.

Banned
    Thanks guys, but do you for a second think that your silly responses to my post are doing more to rain on Jocke's parade than I have done or could ever do? (I normally ignore trolls, but in this case I feel I must stand up, for the sake of Jocke.)

YOU are the one's who owe Jocke, a long standing member of great repute, an apology. Why did you have to go and mess up his thread?

I look forward to seeing the cleaned up watch, that Jocke has so comprehensively mucked up.

Banned
    Bray all you want. You're still an ass.

Master
    On the contrary, I think the most interesting part of the story is how a watch can be resurrected from such a disastrous state, and how the movement was still pristine despite the state of the exterior. Neither would have been so interesting if it had just been a bit worn.

It could only have been improved IMO by actually polishing out the original plexi rather than replacing it - THAT would've been seriously impressive.

Master

The story is made interesting, precisely because of the condition of the watch, and because Jocke does not baby the watch. This is his beater. If it wasn't so dirty, abused, and messed about, if he hadn't abused it, it would be a non story.
    Exactly. Though I rather enjoy the fact that Jocke does give his Rolex some stick - the clean-up seems rather an anti-climax to me!

I do like seeing watches that have stories to tell, and amazing to see the transformation - aside from the case dings and wear on the bezel you'd have a job guessing the state it'd been in!

Nice little way to deal with comments you don't like - Click on username > click on view profile > (drop down list to the left) click on Add to ignore list, there you go no more pointless, trolling comments from that individual - Job done..

Thank you guys for the support. No apologys needed, on the Internet will we found all kind of people. If you take them too personal, it's not a place to be.

But I can tell you I do not need to set something up and when it comes to this watch so did I have it for 10 years and done several cleanings over the years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
    Thank you guys for the support. No apologys needed, on the Internet will we found all kind of people. If you take them too personal, it's not a place to be.

But I can tell you I do not need to set something up and when it comes to this watch so did I have it for 10 years and done several cleanings over the years.
    Thanks for clearing that up. May I ask what you do while wearing the watch, so it ends up looking like that?

Vad gjör du med uret slik at det ser ut som dette?

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Your poor apology is apparently accepted by the better man - learn from this.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 9th May 2016 at 20:52.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Eeeh haw Eeeh haw Eeeh haw

Thanks for clearing that up. May I ask what you do while wearing the watch, so it ends up looking like that?

Vad gjör du med uret slik at det ser ut som dette?
    He is a mechanic - is that a dirty enough job for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Your poor apology is apparently accepted by the better man - learn from this.
    Don't teach him anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    Don't teach him anything.
    There is no danger of that happening.

Craftsman
    I very much enjoy reading about your watch exploits - that really has come up a treat

Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
    After I have check it out a little closer, it's not time for a cleanup yet on this one.

So until the time you get to be satisfied with last year's cleanup.

Click here to watch it
    Just read that, fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Craftsman
    Very interesting Jocke, loved the photographs, and exceptionally high quality as usual.

Rob...