closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: In praise of the SD

In praise of the SD

Got mine early 2015 off Kerry (100th monkey in exchange for a GMT) and it's not been off my wrist since. I've sold my PAM, gonna list my Navi and have toyed with an Apple Watch but nothing compares. Don't even want a ceramic ( bracelet tempting).

Are they that good or just me?

not sure but this might be "the one".

Then I see an Aquanaut and think maybe, but it's still the keeper.

mike

ps when I say every day, I wear a gshock on hols to edgy places

Master
    Yep the 16600 and the 16660 are sublime, just about perfect, and don't get me started about the 1665! Just love the SD.

Journeyman
    I think a picture is in order...

Whilst I liked my 16600, when push came to shove I sold it and kept the GMT.

I do keep toying with the idea of trying another one or the 116600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    No matter what watch i have at the moment i always hanker for an SD of any iteration.16600 is just very good at being what it is. A robust ,under the radar quality piece of kit.

Master
    I'm slightly lucky in that I could wear just about any modern Rolex (or one of many highly desirable vintage models).......but 99% of the time I wear a 16600. Fits almost every purpose for me.

Haywood

16600 is a great all purpose watch and a strong contender for 'the one watch'. Even has the HM stamp of approval.
    I have nothing bad to say about it or cannot fault it in anyway but it gets third place in my affection list after the DSSD and the SD4000. Still, it has more to do with my taste than anything to do with the watch. Is always nice to see someone who dearly loves their watch.
    It's a great watch, enjoy it.
    Since we are praising the SD here, a pic of the trio will not be out of place
    Last edited by RAJEN; 5th May 2016 at 21:46.

Master
    I love mine - I dithered about it but took the plunge a while back. It doesn't get enough wrist time. It could be beaten by a BLNR or Hulk but I don't like the maxi case and I don't need another GMT watch

Here's the lady. In front of iPad on the terrace with a glass of Malbec and a Monticristo, muck on crystal is from an afternoon doing garden lights.