closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rubber strap for my Sub C (Submariner Ceramic)?

Journeyman

Lightbulb Rubber strap for my Sub C (Submariner Ceramic)?

I am looking for a high quality rubber band for my Rolex Submariner Ceramic (116610LN). I would love to give my watch a new look!
    Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you!

Journeyman

Thank you guys for your responses!

Isofrane,

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=S.L;3958093]Isofrane,

SL, that looks pretty good. I'm thinking of this for my 16610. Do you find the thickness of the strap suits the watch, or would you prefer it thinner? I have a Breitling rubber strap, that looks great on the sub, but after a while, the thickness, i think defeats the case...

[QUOTE=2012;3958173]
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Isofrane,

SL, that looks pretty good. I'm thinking of this for my 16610. Do you find the thickness of the strap suits the watch, or would you prefer it thinner? I have a Breitling rubber strap, that looks great on the sub, but after a while, the thickness, i think defeats the case...
    For the ceramic models I think the contemporary Isofrane works great.
    For earlier generations I think it is borderline thick for the case and a thinner vintage version works better, see the difference here on vintage & current Tudors.

Another one to consider is something from Bonetto Cinturini, who make the rubber straps for many brands.

Paul

You need an everest or rubberb with curved ends which will sit right up to the watch head.

The isofranes etc. Leave a gap between the lugs which looks a mess on the SubC due to the watch not being polished / finished between the lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    You need an everest or rubberb with curved ends which will sit right up to the watch head.
    I haven't had an Everest, but the RubberB is terrific. It looks like it was made by Rolex and came with the watch (and the rubber straps that Rolex do make look suspiciously like the RubberBs).

I have a Rubber B on my DSSD and since fitting it a few months back the bracelet has stayed in the box, think it suits the watch perfectly and is so comfortable on the wrist

I think it is fascinating that RubberB and Everest can get away with charging so much for a simple rubber strap, almost purely because it is intended to be fitted onto an expensive watch. Good luck to them
    Isofrane too, for that matter, as I am sure they are actually made in Italy......

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I think it is fascinating that RubberB and Everest can get away with charging so much for a simple rubber strap
    It's worth the money. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    It's worth the money. Simple as that.
    Maybe for you, but not me.

Bonetto Cinturini can sell me 2 perfectly moulded pieces of rubber with no moulding seams and a buckle for about £10 direct, or £20 from a dealer.
    RubberB wants to charge me $220 for two bits of rubber, no buckle, or $250 if I want a coloured stripe.

They're having a laugh, I think.

I agree about the rubber B.

Have one fitted on my SDc and it fits like a glove and sets it of nicely.

The price imo, is ridiculously high for what it is. But it is my money ;)

And unless you have a mountain of patience, I would recommend getting a watch repairer to fit it.

I think it is fascinating that RubberB and Everest can get away with charging so much for a simple rubber strap, almost purely because it is intended to be fitted onto an expensive watch. Good luck to them
    Isofrane too, for that matter, as I am sure they are actually made in Italy......
    ......by Bonetto Cinturini as I understand it.

Same recommendations for the 14060M?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    ......by Bonetto Cinturini as I understand it.
    Yes, known fact since many years.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Same recommendations for the 14060M?
    RubberB on Tang Buckle, David. I wouldn't bother with the clasp version for the old model clasp like yours, as unlike the newer ceramic models, the fit and look is a little clumsy, but the Tang Buckle is superb.

Thanks Ross :). Is it worth considering cheaper alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Thanks Ross :). Is it worth considering cheaper alternatives?
    There is an eBay seller Nextrend based in US who sells very similar straps for $65.
    Only disappointing things was that even though his eBay listing doesn't show it, they are marked Rubber B On the back:

Thanks Raj

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    There is an eBay seller Nextrend based in US who sells very similar straps for $65.
    Only disappointing things was that even though his eBay listing doesn't show it, they are marked Rubber B On the back:
    And one from HK called Zhuoleistore from HK that does the rubber and including a clasp for US$35.

Again, disappointingly, there is a choice box that suggests brand (whilst none of the pictures has one) and that choice is a non-choice, there is no non-brand option. The brands are not mentioned.
    And lo and behold, it arrives as a RubberB band and a Rolex clasp, all signed. Rather underhand, I thought.
    I bought one in error, and it is acutally not bad, but I have ground off the crown and blasted the clasp to match my Sinn 657 (which it fits just finew).
    Dave

Or, for about $30 including deployant, get an original Bonetto Cinturini. I have no opinion on the cost of the RubberB, other than if I wanted one I'd spring for the cost rather than buy a fake, but the Subs look fine (imho) on the flat ended rubber. They are tool watches. The fitted rubber straps are certainly more svelte, but if I wanted svelte, I can fit the bracelet. I don't believe the choice is "It MUST be fitted-end rubber, so either a fake or the RubberB".

The flat-ended Bonetto Cinturini, Isofrane and Eddie's Retro Rubber are worth consideration on merit too.

Paul

Bonetto Cinturini can sell me 2 perfectly moulded pieces of rubber with no moulding seams and a buckle for about £10 direct, or £20 from a dealer.
    RubberB wants to charge me $220 for two bits of rubber, no buckle, or $250 if I want a coloured stripe.

Can you link where to buy direct please?

Well, if you can't tell the difference between a £10 strap and a £150 strap, then you're absolutely right: you should get the cheaper one.

And one from HK called Zhuoleistore from HK that does the rubber and including a clasp for US$35.

Again, disappointingly, there is a choice box that suggests brand (whilst none of the pictures has one) and that choice is a non-choice, there is no non-brand option. The brands are not mentioned.
    And lo and behold, it arrives as a RubberB band and a Rolex clasp, all signed. Rather underhand, I thought.
    I bought one in error, and it is acutally not bad, but I have ground off the crown and blasted the clasp to match my Sinn 657 (which it fits just finew).
    Dave
    did the same ,but good for the money

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Well, if you can't tell the difference between a £10 strap and a £150 strap, then you're absolutely right: you should get the cheaper one.
    Thanks for the snide remak, most appreciated.
    But you know, with leather, stitched fabric, something that involves skill and craft, I am 100% in agreement. Money can be well spent.
    But moulded rubber?
    No chance.
    It is a simple manufactured product.
    You simply can't make a piece of moulded rubber 20 times better than the Bonetto ones.
    So how can you justify charging 20 times as much?
    As I hinted at before, Bonetto actually make the Isofrane ones (I asked them directly, they said that for reasons of client confidentiality they couldn't comment).
    D

Journeyman

Smile

After researching all my possibilities, I decided to go for Rubber B. For many reasons: no gap between the case, perfect fit for my glidelock clasp and made in Switzerland.
    As soon as I receive it, I will post pictures and share my experience! I really hope I made the right choice, only the future will tell.

Thank you for all your suggestions and comments!

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as my girlfriend bought me an Everest band for Christmas. Initially she bought the version that used the Rolex end links and glidelock but I wasn't keen - she returned it to Everest in the US who "upgraded" to the tang buckle and shipped back to the UK for no additional charge.

They also included a hand written note, I really can't fault their product or customer service

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

I've got a couple of Bonetto Cinturini straps and they're great for the money. I don't wear rubber straps much so they'll do for me. They're not for my CSub.
    For my CSub I have an Everest fitted leather strap and it's great, quite expensive but worth it to me (the customer).
    If I liked rubber straps more than I do I'd pay the extra for either an Everest or RubberB as I do like the fitted look.
    If Bonetto Cinturini did a strap that fitted to the CSub case at their typical prices I'd give one a go.
    If I ordered a generic one from eBay and it arrived Rolex branded I'd open a dispute and get my money back.

my recommendation is a Hirsch performance strap
    super comfy and great quality
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...formance-strap

I've got an Everest strap for my Explorer. Yet to fit it, but when I do I intend to do an in-depth write up. With pictures. A rubber strap costing £170 demands it! :)

Hirsch Pure

Craftsman
    Another vote for the Isofrane from me. I think they look they look great in a utilitarian way on these sorts of watches.

Having said that, I ended up putting my Omega PO on the OEM rubber deployment for everyday use and haven't looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    Hirsch Pure
    For the price, I love the Hirsch Pure - it feels much better than my Rubber B, but I prefer a nicer buckle.
    It's just a matter of time...