closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Porsche - A heart warming story.

Craftsman
    ^^^^
    Nice! Just can't go wrong with a 993 imho, or any aircooled porsche.....

Some lovely cars on this thread

Really would like to own a 911 at some point, maybe 964 and 993 are too expensive for me these days. I wonder if it is worth trying to get an immaculate 996 Turbo?

Blog Entries
    very nice car Andy, I'd love a classic 911 but alas unlikely. Maybe a 914 while they are still reasonably affordable...

I would have my Brother's '72 RS recreation that has just been posted on SC, if for the fact I need somewhere to live and to feed the family occasionally!

Rob

Grand Master
    Yes great to hear that he sorted it out,and after 5 mins he fixed the other dent!,was the first dent fixed in 5 mins too,I'm in the wrong job and you then gave him a £20 tip.

2 dents @ £40 per dent + £20 tip..........happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Yes great to hear that he sorted it out,and after 5 mins he fixed the other dent!,was the first dent fixed in 5 mins too,I'm in the wrong job and you then gave him a £20 tip.

2 dents @ £40 per dent + £20 tip..........happy days.

He took about 40 minutes for the first bigger dent, which was right on the top of the wing radius. The 5 minute one was about 1.5 inches inside the edge of the bonnet - easy to access and not as deep. It would have not brothered most people, but my OCD was strong.

The alternative was a potential £2k repair and paint job which might have compromised the rust proofing.

Cheap in my book and money well spent. Plus you except to pay for the services of an expert (17 years experience).

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post
    very nice car Andy, I'd love a classic 911 but alas unlikely. Maybe a 914 while they are still reasonably affordable...

I would have my Brother's '72 RS recreation that has just been posted on SC, if for the fact I need somewhere to live and to feed the family occasionally!

Rob
    i saw this on SC - it's a corker. Did I see it at Goodwood last year? I cannot help thinking he should blow the rear arches, and add a bonnet fuel filler system - very Singer.

£90K actually seems good value compared with some of the reps which Paul Stephens is doing at the moment (based on 964's). Stick it on Pistonheads it will not hang around - especially this time of the year.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    i saw this on SC - it's a corker. Did I see it at Goodwood last year? I cannot help thinking he should blow the rear arches, and add a bonnet fuel filler system - very Singer.

£90K actually seems good value compared with some of the reps which Paul Stephens is doing at the moment (based on 964's). Stick it on Pistonheads it will not hang around - especially this time of the year.
    Cheers Andy, that wouldn't have been him, maybe it was Stiglet (JP)in his! I think it is fairly priced based on what else out there is going for, but he is far more knowledgeable on the subject than me...

Just need to persuade the wife that her kitchen extension cash should go toward a LHD 911SC, or a rough long bonnet 912 (about the top I'm ever going to be able to afford) as I can only see it rising in value.

Rob