closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC/DC refund or go?

Master

AC/DC refund or go?

Just found out that you can get a refund on AC/DC tickets due to Brian Johnson not being there and being replaced by Axl Rose. What are people thinking of doing?

I'm minded to get a refund as there's not much of AC/DC actually there!

I'd vote go but then I'm a Gs 'n' Rs fan of old and never saw Axl live...

With all the recent celebrity deaths I'm now determined to see as many as possible of the musicians from my youth before either they or I die. Hence earlier this month Mrs Draftsmann and I went to see ELO and later in the year we are seeing 10cc (now only Graham Gouldman left of the original band). AC/DC isn't my preferred style but if it's yours I would go for sure.

Master
    I saw ACDC back in the day with Bon Scott and with Johnson. For me those were the two singers. They also had Malcolm who is/was the heart of the band. Rose was fantastic also back in the day but I've not seen anything from the last few years to make me want to watch him. BUT ACDC are a business and if he wasn't right he wouldn't be there. He'll also be under contract to behave himself personally and with regards to his timekeeping. The fact there is a refund being offered is good. I'd need to see a review or 5 of a full show with Rose. Is there a cut-off date on the refund?)

A real dilemma! Axl was great in his day , but from what I have heard lately think I would be disappointed. I guess if I had seen AC/DC before , then I would get a refund, but if not I would go just to see Angus .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    With all the recent celebrity deaths I'm now determined to see as many as possible of the musicians from my youth before either they or I die. Hence earlier this month Mrs Draftsmann and I went to see ELO and later in the year we are seeing 10cc (now only Graham Gouldman left of the original band). AC/DC isn't my preferred style but if it's yours I would go for sure.
    But all of 10cc are alive - they just choose not to reform. ELO is just Jeff Lynne who owns the name (and is/was ELO anyway).

Go. What have you really got to lose. a few ££ on some tickets. I saw Guns 'n Roses in their 'Appetite' heyday 87. Saw ACDC around the same time too. Maybe a little earlier.
    Sounds like a no brainer to me.

It depends on what you're expecting......

Just for the record. if you have two or more tickets. I'll buy them at face value if you decide it's not for you. I'd love to see how they turned out now!

Massive AC/DC fan here.

I say refund.

Time to say goodbye.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ this ^^^

I wouldn't think twice and go. Sounds like a rather unique show!

I'll be asking for a refund. Very sad but it's not ACDC for me. I've been hanging on to the hope that Brian would do the UK gigs.

If anybody wants 2 tickets for Manchester before I refund them pm me.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've seen AC/DC quite a few times but never (unfortunately) with my favourite singer Bon Scott, too young to have caught him.

I have let a pair of tickets for Marseilles go, but I am going to see the Olympic Stadium gig - partly out of morbid curiosity and partly as it is 10 minutes from me. I do think they have shafted Brian though. And I hope Axl doesn't need to spend 10 minutes in an oxygen tent between songs.

Master
    I can't believe any self respecting metal fan would even suggest NOT going?? Could go one way or the other but will certainly be interesting and most likely you won't get to see it again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Will be very different in the line up - similar experience to Queen without Freddie in some ways.

Depends how much of a hard core AC/DC fan you are?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm not much a music fan but it sounds a little pointless to me. If someone else is singing the stuff, it'll be like a tribute act!
    Also from what I've heard, Mr. Rose isn't the most reliable of chaps when it comes to live performances.

But then, I've never been to a concert in my life so what do I know?!

I saw them last (Rock or Bust) tour w/o Malcolm or Phil Rudd and they weren't as good as on the Black Ice tour. I also can't stand Axl Rose, so personally I would take the refund.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

If I'd bought tghe tickets I'd probably go, but with low expectations. A fat, middle aged bloke sitting on a throne as lead singer wouldn't fill me with excitement, but curiosity would get the better of me!!

I've asked for a refund. Have seen Axl a few times live and he's never impressed, he's also a complete mismatch for DC in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I saw them last (Rock or Bust) tour w/o Malcolm or Phil Rudd and they weren't as good as on the Black Ice tour.
    This makes so much sense, the quality of the band has always been rooted in its tight ensemble.

Master
    Might be awesome but now you will never know!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Check out the videos of G'N'R at Coachella this year with Angus Young doing Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff, might help you make up your mind

Refund for me personally

Angus Young would be fun to watch but that's about it

AR lost his voice years ago.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Check out the videos of G'N'R at Coachella this year with Angus Young doing Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff, might help you make up your mind
    Just watched it....If I had tickets I would send them back.

Even if the fat bloke on the throne manages to get up off his fat ass, on the basis of that video his voice is shot to sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    I saw ACDC back in the day with Bon Scott and with Johnson. For me those were the two singers. They also had Malcolm who is/was the heart of the band. Rose was fantastic also back in the day but I've not seen anything from the last few years to make me want to watch him. BUT ACDC are a business and if he wasn't right he wouldn't be there. He'll also be under contract to behave himself personally and with regards to his timekeeping. The fact there is a refund being offered is good. I'd need to see a review or 5 of a full show with Rose. Is there a cut-off date on the refund?)
    Cut off date is 5pm 6th May. Like you I saw them with Bon & Beano, I'm going to go just to see Angus for the last time. Not so excited now....

Master
    Watched the videos of GnR at Coachella - why is Axl Rose sitting down??!! Must have missed that story.

I think a refund is the way to go...i would rather remember them as the mighty AC/DC they were. Grew up with the voices of Bonn Scott and Brian Johnson so the classics just won't sound the same. Shame really, but you can't blame Johnson for wanting to save his hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Watched the videos of GnR at Coachella - why is Axl Rose sitting down??!! Must have missed that story.
    He'd broken his leg at a previous gig.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Axl has broken his foot!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaunty View Post
    And I hope Axl doesn't need to spend 10 minutes in an oxygen tent between songs.
    LOL!

Master
    There will be a story out of this eventually. Johnson says his hearing isn't that bad and he was ejected without much/any discussion. They should have had him onstage for say Back in Black/Those about to Rock if he was happy to do that. They are a machine so it's no surprise. Rudd was removed rapidly and Chris Slade brought back (he was interviewed and made no bones that he would relish being invited back). It really should be billed the Angus Young Band but that ACDC logo is $$$. Hopefully they'll retire or seek other ventures when the tour ends.

Master
    Think we're going to apply for refunds.
    6 out of 7 have confirmed they're not fancying it anymore, I'm just waiting for the final one to confirm, before I make my decision.

well, ever cloud has a silver lining - Ive now been able to buy a ticket for the London show.........at least it will be an interesting experience...!!

Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    well, ever cloud has a silver lining - Ive now been able to buy a ticket for the London show.........at least it will be an interesting experience...!!
    Lets hope so, I just hope is does not end up a riot!

Refund for me

Saw GnR in 2010 and wasn't impressed. Never seen AC/DC and have wanted to for years but for me this isn't AC/DC anymore. Not knowing who the support is and with the cut off date for a refund being before any of the first live shows with AR means I'd rather sit at home with a beer and listen to the CDs.

It would have to be a refund for me, not that I particularly dislike AR but it would be like baked beans and ketchup, some things just don't go together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    A fat, middle aged bloke sitting on a throne as lead singer wouldn't fill me with excitement
    http://news.sky.com/story/1692254/fa...but-with-ac-dc

Craftsman
    Reviews sound promising so far. Shoot to Thrill is on YT and sounds very good.

If you forget that it's Axl Rose and just pretend it's a replacement singer he does a good job. Personally I think he's a tool (and I'm a big GnR fan) but looks like he's cleaned his act up...including timekeeping.

He's got a very 'Bon Scott' voice as it is, and will no doubt excel singing early AC/DC songs as no pressure on him.
    Last edited by gavsw20; 8th May 2016 at 11:44.

Craftsman
    Marcos Vizoso, 44, who had brought his 10-year-old daughter to the show. "I wanted her to see the original band.""

Well that was never going to happen as one's on home detention and the other retired.

You gotta go. It's a few quid and a couple of hours of your life. If it's crap it's crap. If it's great and you're not there you'll kick yourself and never get another chance. As the French say, 'it's better to live with remorse than regret'.

Master
    Actually the original singer died his replacement retired. Rose appears to have done a good job and once his foot is better he should be more exciting BUT he will be under strict contractual obligations AND how often does the chance to be the singer for a band the size of ACDC come along? GnR were big but that ship sailed and the fact ACDC have had to do a publicity job to get approval shows how worried they must have been. I think the fans would have preferred a complete stranger eg the singer from a Canadian tribute band who got an audition and who has lived the songs. Rose knows that it boosts his publicity esp. for the upcoming gNr shows and he may get an invite back if acdc decide to continue

Looks and sounds like Axl done ok ..

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-05-...st-live-review

Master
    I'm on the fence with Axl, but if anyone is selling tickets to Manchester, please drop me a message. Got to agree with sentiment that if you don't go, you'll never know

Master

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I just hope he can stand up come London!

Hard act to follow but turn it up.............................

https://youtu.be/NwQYzZZ_O3w

Craftsman
    I know the reviews have been almost universally endorsing, however when I watch the footage what I see is "Axl Rose Sings AC/DC"....from a chair.

I'm sure it's different when you are there, and part of me would still like to see it.

I know times have changed, along with personel and it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges...

but what it isn't is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwUWig98A8

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sswiss View Post
    I know the reviews have been almost universally endorsing, however when I watch the footage what I see is "Axl Rose Sings AC/DC"....from a chair.
    It is that, but it does seem pretty good to me.

I'm not a huge Axl Rose or AC/DC fan but if you're an AC/DC fan then it does seem worth seeing to me. He didn't cock it up, did he?

Master
    I've seen AC/DC 4 times over the last 30 years, last time last year.

Wasn't planning on seeing them this time, but Seeing W Axl is now making me think I will go!! Sounds like there will be lots of tix...

Craftsman
    Pretty good reviews and some old Bon Scott songs making a reappearance, glad I kept my tickets.

Craftsman
    whoops meant to add - I really hope he is running around by the time they do London, sat in a chair still will be a bit of a let down.