closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Choices

Tudor Choices

I may be in the market for a Tudor watch.

I had a quick look at the Pelagos original a while ago but at the time it didn't wow me.
    While I was there I tried the Black Bay in red. I was impressed with that and was tempted.

That was around 18 months ago. Now I'm looking at Tudor again.
    The Heritage Chrono is a great looking watch but I had not handled one in the flesh. Watchfinder have 3 in stock. One at £1850 then £2400 but I couldn't work out why such a price difference.

Then there is the blue Pelagos. Again I have not seen one in the flesh. In the pictures they seem to change colour according light. Is it the same blue as Rolex smurf ? I do like the look of titanium.

Last time I was looking I bought a Sub no date that I'm keeping. Now just fancy something new to me and the colour appeals on both these watches and of course the BB red.

Just found this for colour comparison. https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/4527525...=0&w=564&h=564

Budget around 2 to 2.5k
    Last edited by scrog10; 26th April 2016 at 08:57. Reason: extra info

Master
    Linky no worky

Of the watches you mention I have a Black Bay Red - originally on leather but just recently I purchased the bracelet- it's hardly been off my wrist since.
    Personally a better bit of kit on the bracelet than on leather.

Sent from my iWatch using magic

go and try the tudor heritage chromo in blue , thats my favourite and you can pick up a used in mint condition for around 2K

- - - Updated - - -

or the blue pelagos with the new movement is also very nice and will cost you around 2,500 new

Thanks for the replies guys. The link should work now so you can see how similar the blue is on the Tudor and Rolex Submariner.

I went to the AD today and tried on the Blue pelagos and a grey and black Chrono Heritage. All very nice. The grey Chrono has always been a favourite of mine but now the Blue Pelagos is putting up a good fight for my attention.

I know they are different watches, Chrono steel vs Titanium diver. Both great for different reasons. The blue is very eye catching and legible and the HC is retro lovely. I think the Heritage Chrono is a little more versatile as could been worn with a suit or a pair of shorts. The Pelagos would be great as a casual but maybe a little loud for formal wear. I can always wear another watch.

I also tried a polar Expo 2 as well. But have dismissed it against the other two.