closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 558

Thread: Game of Thrones

  1. #151
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,199
    Yes!!!!!!

  2. #152
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    788
    Wow.....

    Code:
    giblets
    I love the viz top tip. Instead of watching game of thrones, just watch Lord of the rings and insert a porn scene every 20 minutes
    That certainly was as epic as Lord of the Rings but with more gore, may be next week Yara and Daenerys will get a bit closer

  3. #153
    Master Chris W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,030
    F##k me that was EPIC!!
    Nice to see Ramsey getting what has been coming to him for a long time.

    Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

  4. #154
    Master AM94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mt. Crumpit
    Posts
    3,979
    Great episode indeed... however, did someone have to explain to Rickon that running in a straight line probably wasn't the best idea? Throw in a few zigs and zags after the first arrow and chances are he'd have been a little more challenging to hit. Obviously they never played dodgeball in Winterfell.

  5. #155
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Great episode indeed... however, did someone have to explain to Rickon that running in a straight line probably wasn't the best idea? Throw in a few zigs and zags after the first arrow and chances are he'd have been a little more challenging to hit. Obviously they never played dodgeball in Winterfell.
    World's worst run - followed by stupidest battlefield decision ever charging an entire cavalry on foot with no backup. Being resurrected seems to have made him stupider.
    Last edited by Dazzler; 21st June 2016 at 10:05.

  6. #156
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    8,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    World's worst run - followed by stupidest battlefield decision ever charging an entire cavalry on foot with no backup. Being resurrected seems to have made him stupider.
    Yep, tactically rubbish, thank the 7 Sansa called in the cavalry.

  7. #157
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,381
    My wife dragged me back to GoT this series (I dipped in and out of 4 and 5) and I have to say that episode made it worthwhile.

    See which they do away with next week now, loony Cersie or loony High Sparrow. Either way I'm sure Jaime will do some impaling... (boom tish)

    I never noticed before but Yara Greyjoy has a lovely bum.

  8. #158
    great episode last night loved it ,

    darn it only 1 left till we have to wait for next season

  9. #159
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,290
    How the battle scene was done.

    https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/20/...st-battle-yet/

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  10. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I never noticed before but Yara Greyjoy has a lovely bum.
    She is a BOBFOC though



    (*Body of Baywatch Face of Crimewatch)

  11. #161
    Grand Master Glamdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    16,646
    ^
    Maybe, but you would...

  12. #162
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Loughton UK
    Posts
    2,178
    Half an hour into it and I was thinking bah humbug , they are going to save the battle for next week.

    Amazing ...how much money did they throw at that !

  13. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    F##k me that was EPIC!!
    Nice to see Ramsey getting what has been coming to him for a long time.
    This.

    A very fitting end.
    Andy

  14. #164
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,451
    Excellent, what an episode...I thought the battle scene was superb!

  15. #165
    Grand Master JasonM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    12,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Half an hour into it and I was thinking bah humbug , they are going to save the battle for next week.

    Amazing ...how much money did they throw at that !
    $10 million apparently..
    YouTube search 'making of battle of the bastards'
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGaTXFTHbeA
    Last edited by JasonM; 22nd June 2016 at 11:18.

  16. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Half an hour into it and I was thinking bah humbug , they are going to save the battle for next week.

    Amazing ...how much money did they throw at that !
    that could be why nothing at all happened for the first 8 episodes to use the budget on the final 2

  17. #167
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Great episode indeed... however, did someone have to explain to Rickon that running in a straight line probably wasn't the best idea? Throw in a few zigs and zags after the first arrow and chances are he'd have been a little more challenging to hit. Obviously they never played dodgeball in Winterfell.
    I was screaming at the tv "f***ing zig zag" and the wife was like "what for", arrow in the back and there ya go that's what for.

    But even before he started running did anyone expect him to survive? he looked a bit dopey to be honest.

  18. #168
    Grand Master andrewcregan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Highlands, Scotland
    Posts
    10,905
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxed View Post
    I was screaming at the tv "f***ing zig zag" and the wife was like "what for", arrow in the back and there ya go that's what for.

    But even before he started running did anyone expect him to survive? he looked a bit dopey to be honest.

    He was never going to survive, and with such a lack of intelligence due a few arrows.
    Bizarelly the arrows became more accurate as he got further away?!

    I bet Ramsey regretted not using his dogs on the battlefield, as he had clearly intended after not feeding them for 7 days.

  19. #169
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    12,145
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    He was never going to survive, and with such a lack of intelligence due a few arrows.
    Bizarelly the arrows became more accurate as he got further away?!

    I bet Ramsey regretted not using his dogs on the battlefield, as he had clearly intended after not feeding them for 7 days.

    He wasn't trying earlier, you saw that when he shot the second one whilst looking at something else, i guess he wanted to draw Jon into the middle of the battlefield so his archers could reach and get them out of position.

  20. #170
    Grand Master Glamdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    16,646
    You're over-thinking it. Who's going to be at their sharpest when they've been enjoying Ramsay's 'attentions' for months? Simply desperate to be safe.

  21. #171
    Craftsman Gromdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Bizarelly the arrows became more accurate as he got further away?!
    Well, you don't want to spoil the fun and kill him from 30yds now do you? Pretty sure you're allowed a few sighters too :D

    I for one will miss Ramsay. No more of this, for starters.

    Last edited by Gromdal; 22nd June 2016 at 19:20.

  22. #172
    He had to die, cos i for one didn't know who the hell he was. Forgot there was another Stark kid, though he didn't look like the little kid from earlier seasons, certainly didn't look younger than Arya and Bran



    Brighty

  23. #173
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,636
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    $10 million apparently..
    YouTube search 'making of battle of the bastards'
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGaTXFTHbeA
    I just watched that.
    My gf did the giant! :D
    (and spent weeks complaining about the mud)

  24. #174
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chippenham ish
    Posts
    2,089
    One if the best episodes of any TV show. Battle and comeuppance was awesome and it was cool to see the dragons do their thing finally (although I would have liked a little more!)

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

  25. #175
    Amazing.. just think what kind of budget they have for this . Truely epic TV

  26. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    that could be why nothing at all happened for the first 8 episodes to use the budget on the final 2
    I thought this was the best season by far

  27. #177
    Craftsman gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    One if the best episodes of any TV show. Battle and comeuppance was awesome and it was cool to see the dragons do their thing finally (although I would have liked a little more!)
    Agreed. Epic. I was totally gripped for 54 mins. Fantastic episode.
    .

  28. #178
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,051
    Just watched it - wonderful entertainment.

    roll on season 7.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  29. #179
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,290
    This is why I prefer series to films.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  30. #180
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Maidenhead
    Posts
    216
    gonna be hard to beat that episode later down the line...

  31. #181
    Master Thorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    3,223
    Great episode but not the last of this season. The last one is next week. Hoping for another good one to round of the series.

  32. #182
    Grand Master andrewcregan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Highlands, Scotland
    Posts
    10,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Great episode but not the last of this season. The last one is next week. Hoping for another good one to round of the series.

    Will the series end on another bombshell?

  33. #183
    Master mickylall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Burnley,Lancs
    Posts
    2,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I just watched that.
    My gf did the giant! :D
    (and spent weeks complaining about the mud)
    Why didn't she give him some armour or at least a big stick and where was his mahoosive bow and arrow set up?

    Hope you gave her a jolly good talking too, she let everyone down

  34. #184
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    8,685
    I wondered why the giant didnīt at least have a big stick/ tree trunk weapon; it seemed daft to go to war unarmed...probably because the Bolton shield wall couldnīt believably stand against him, so I guess it was for narrative reasons...

  35. #185
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Lake District.
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    F##k me that was EPIC!!
    Nice to see Ramsey getting what has been coming to him for a long time.

    Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
    Ahhh but is Ramsey dead. Was that noise him eating the dogs, not the other way round?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    ^
    Maybe, but you would...
    I certainly would.

  36. #186
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Lake District.
    Posts
    1,389
    Also if you watch the battle closely, did anyone notice that every time JS was going to take one for the team one of his men was there to prevent him from dying?

    I recon his resurection has made him imortal..?

  37. #187
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

    I never noticed before but Yara Greyjoy has a lovely bum.
    That is an epic pair of buttocks on Yara for sure. Rivals the Red Ladys bosom.

    Quite sorry to see Ramsay go as he was seriously entertaining. I loved the " I accept your surrender" to the guy in the Stannis battle. The battle scene was amazing and I was feeling claustrophobic watching Jon Snow trying to get out from under the bodies.
    The one I want to see get it is the High Sparrow. Deserves to die for the name alone.

    Best episode for me though still the Red Wedding.

  38. #188
    Master mickylall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Burnley,Lancs
    Posts
    2,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Think we'll finally be told who John Snow's parents are and why he's so important this week.

  39. #189
    Grand Master andrewcregan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Highlands, Scotland
    Posts
    10,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    Ahhh but is Ramsey dead. Was that noise him eating the dogs, not the other way round?

    Lol, never considered this! Perhaps the Red witch will bring him back?!

  40. #190
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    28,199
    My ideal outcome would be for Jon Snow and Deanerys Targaryen to have a shag and then rule the 7 Kingdoms as King and Queen
    Last edited by learningtofly; 25th June 2016 at 13:45.

  41. #191
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,140
    Not a bad episode but we're going to have to wait another year now which is always a drag. Two more seasons I reckon will pretty much be 1/ political posturing and fight for the 7 kingdoms. 2/ everyone has group hugged and fights the dead

  42. #192
    Master Grandiloquence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    2,115
    I will miss Ramsay. Such a brilliant cartoon villain. I would have liked him and Joffrey to get together and trade ideas on "fun".

  43. #193
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,051
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    My ideal outcome would be for Jon Snow and Deanerys Targaryen to have a shag and then rule the 7 Kingdoms as King and Queen
    They could be related.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  44. #194
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,140
    Anyone remember this? Very apt

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcx8gAM6wM

  45. #195
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,032
    Nice episode today - Ended a few storylines, almost too many really but good none the less.

  46. #196
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    788
    How the hell did Lord Varys be in two places so soon???

    Great end of season episode BTW only missing the Hound and Brienne of Tarth.

  47. #197
    Grand Master Glamdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    16,646
    It was. It really set up the stories for the final season.

  48. #198
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    It was. It really set up the stories for the final season.
    Seasons. There are another 2

  49. #199
    Grand Master Glamdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    16,646
    Oh good.

  50. #200
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Seasons. There are another 2
    Think they are doing a Mad Men - a big season spread over two.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •