closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Think they are doing a Mad Men - a big season spread over two.
    That would be awesome. Get it done over 20 weeks rather than wait another 2 years

Blog Entries
    Now he's King... There has to be a love match with blondie...

It's clear...

Nice little cameo from Aya... She's going to cause havoc !!!

Master
    Not sure that would work with what the last scene revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Now he's King... There has to be a love match with blondie...

It's clear...

Nice little cameo from Aya... She's going to cause havoc !!!

Blog Entries
    The Targaryens are into that sort of thing so a good chance of it happening but sneeky shitehawk Littlefinger looks like he'll be doing everything possible to get to the throne himself

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    That would be awesome. Get it done over 20 weeks rather than wait another 2 years
    I have read that it will be as per the other seasons for timing but they'll be a little shorter. It has been commissioned for 7 episodes in season 7 and 6 episodes in season 8. There are rumours they will all be longer though, like yesterday's episode was, and apparently budget is the same ($60-$100m per season depending on who you believe).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    The Targaryens are into that sort of thing so a good chance of it happening but sneeky shitehawk Littlefinger looks like he'll be doing everything possible to get to the throne himself
    Maybe but I can't imagine he would be. Also raises interesting questions about who the rightful heir is.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Not sure that would work with what the last scene revealed.
    Little finger will be fed to the hounds...!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Maybe but I can't imagine he would be. Also raises interesting questions about who the rightful heir is.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    He's also free to tackle Sansa now, king and queen of the north

Master
    Hadnt thought about that, bonus!!!

Most excellent - I think Jamie has finally worked out his sister/wife/mistress might be a bit of a bunny boiler.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Well, only if he watched the last episode himself, which somehow I doubt...

Blog Entries
    Aye but his brother/ cousin is going to give him the good news

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Most excellent - I think Jamie has finally worked out his sister/wife/mistress might be a bit of a bunny boiler.
    Don't you mean Sparrow Roaster

The last two episodes made up for the slow start. There's a WAR coming in 10 months time!

Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    Ahhh but is Ramsey dead. Was that noise him eating the dogs, not the other way round?
    Don't think he would of won in an eating competition with a Cane Corso (breed of Ramsey's dogs) -

Has anyone else noticed the women are taking over?
    "A man of little significance"

Enjoying watching the final episode again - just as good second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    It is slowly going that way. Big cat fight in the works!

i thought the music in the last episode was brilliant. The piano during the Cersei killing everyone was well done. Tommens exit and how it was shot was superb!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I thought the music in the last episode was brilliant. The piano during the Cersei killing everyone was well done. Tommens exit and how it was shot was superb!
    Totally agree, although I felt that the way Tommen exited was a bit obvious by the camera angles leading up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    It is slowly going that way. Big cat fight in the works!

i thought the music in the last episode was brilliant. The piano during the Cersei killing everyone was well done. Tommens exit and how it was shot was superb!
    It was amazing, the last 2 episodes of this series are amongst the best ever and that's saying something.

What the hell am I going to watch for the next year while waiting for the next series?? Everything else seems tame compared to this!

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    What the hell am I going to watch for the next year while waiting for the next series?? Everything else seems tame compared to this!

This looked promising during one of the ad breaks

https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sk...ntic/westworld

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    This looked promising during one of the ad breaks

https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sk...ntic/westworld
    Not on UK screens until October, so for time being it's season 4 of Ray Donovan.

Blog Entries
    When Tommen jumped I couldn't help but think of this

Master
    It was amazing, the last 2 episodes of this series are amongst the best ever and that's saying something.

I agree but i also thought that after watching the Sopranos and Breaking Bad!

Loved Arya's Frey(Bentos) Pie scene, didn't see that one coming, excellent finale

So, next season, Dany's gonna take back the Iron islands for Theon and his sister, then what?

My thinking is straight off to Kings Landing to take the throne from a pretty weak Cerse.

But how and what then, who will she marry? I see it going 1 of 2 ways

Take kings landing off Cerse, then off up north to form alliance with and marry Jon Snow (Targarians love a bit of incest), finds out Jon is a Targarian and rightful heir ahead of her, hands him the throne, just in time to join forces and have a big scrap with the walkers.

Or, Cerse refuses to hand over Kings landing, Jamie, realising his sister is bonkers, kills Cerse and marrys Dany (he likes blondes), then off up north as before

Gonna be a long 10 months

Brighty

The dragons must destroy a kingdom otherwise why are they there?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    The dragons must destroy a kingdom otherwise why are they there?

Eddie
    So Jon can ride one to prove he's a Targaryan, him and Dany will then ride them into battle against the white walkers, maybe

Blog Entries
    And Tyrion on the third....?

Master
    Everybody is missing the point - we will now no longer get to see Queen Margaery's 'assets'

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    So Jon can ride one to prove he's a Targaryan, him and Dany will then ride them into battle against the white walkers, maybe
    Sounds feasible, I had forgotten about the white walkers because they've not done much lately.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I jut re-watched the last episode this morning (I was very drunk on Monday after the football and fell asleep somewhere around the opening credits)...

Fantastic stuff! So Jon Snow is Dany's older brother and likely another Dragon Master, and supposedly dragons (or maybe just eggs) live in the crypts under Winterfell - are we likely to see brother and sister double-teaming the seven kingdoms with a team of dragons each?
    Really enjoyed those last couple of episodes, definitely on Team Stark!

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I jut re-watched the last episode this morning (I was very drunk on Monday after the football and fell asleep somewhere around the opening credits)...

Fantastic stuff! So Jon Snow is Dany's older brother and likely another Dragon Master, and supposedly dragons (or maybe just eggs) live in the crypts under Winterfell - are we likely to see brother and sister double-teaming the seven kingdoms with a team of dragons each?
    Really enjoyed those last couple of episodes, definitely on Team Stark!
    Jon Snow is Dany's nephew not brother, his dad was Dany's older brother

Master

Ahhh I geddit. I've only started watching it again this season.

Have missed something not having read the books, is Jon Snow not Ned Starks son at all?

Red face

No, it turns out from this last episode that Jon Snow is Ned Stark's nephew! Ned Stark's sister, who died in that little fort had probably been banged up by the 'Mad King's' son. That's why she made Ned promise to protect him - she had whispered "...you know Robert will kill him..."

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Have missed something not having read the books, is Jon Snow not Ned Starks son at all?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    No, it turns out from this last episode that Jon Snow is Ned Stark's nephew! Ned Stark's sister, who died in that little fort had probably been banged up by the 'Mad King's' son. That's why she made Ned promise to protect him - she had whispered "...you know Robert will kill him..."
    Thanks I need to keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post

Master
    Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister and Daemerys Targaryen - all 3 of their mothers died in childbirth.
    All 3 have struggled growing up because of their birthrights.
    It's widely thought that Jon Snow's father is Rhaegar Targaryen as we've had confirmed his mother is actually Ned's sister Lyanna and he's not the father.
    If you recall a few episodes back Tyrion went to see the dragons and managed to calm them - at the time I couldn't see the point of that but like everything that happens in GOT, episodes or series later it's meaning comes out. My guess is that he's Targaryen as well.

So we have 3 dragons and 3 Targaryen's now - 3 dragon riders . . . . . Fire to take on the ice!!

Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister and Daemerys Targaryen - all 3 of their mothers died in childbirth.
    It's widely thought that Jon Snow's father is Rhaegar Targaryen as we've had confirmed his mother is actually Ned's sister Lyanna and he's not the father.
    If you recall a few episodes back Tyrion went to see the dragons and managed to calm them - at the time I couldn't see the point of that but like everything that happens in GOT, episodes or series later it's meaning comes out. My guess is that he's Targaryen as well.

So we have 3 dragons and 3 Targaryen's now - 3 dragon riders . . . . . Fire to take on the ice!!
    Interesting. What's the significance of all their mothers dying in childbirth though?

Master
    Interesting. What's the significance of all their mothers dying in childbirth though?
    No idea about that bit apart from their lives seem to mimic each other. They are also now coincidentally all in the ascendence.

Master
    Thats probably the best theory I have heard so far and would seem to stack up, good job!!

Exclamation

Hmmm... that would explain why Tywin (Charles Dance) seemed to hate him so much!

Red face Aren't we such a bunch of saddos?!!

...analysing the plot of a fantasy TV series in intricate detail. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    They have been taking over since the Red Wedding.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    ...analysing the plot of a fantasy TV series in intricate detail. :)
    Yep, I have to admit it's extremely geeky, but I'm hooked! :)

Craftsman
    I reckon Jon Snow will need Dragons to defeat the Nights King. Dragon's Fire can kill white walkers. So I suspect they will feature heavily in the battles to come.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Master
    Isn't Fire and Ice in the book titles? I think deanerys will take her dragons north to fight the White Walkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whichever way they do it, I think they need to let it all kick-off and wrap up the story fairly sharpish. I've really enjoyed GoT up to this point, but felt this last season has maybe just started to flag a little bit (except the last couple of episodes of course). They can only wind up the tension with so many sub-plots and additional characters before they need to enact the conflicts they've been building to. Too many US series tend to get a little lost in their own mythology (Lost being a great example of how to blow a really good idea, really badly).

I think it appears that this is the way they are intending to take it, and much as fans like the story to go on forever, it sounds like the producers realise that they now need to bring it to a conclusion. Two shortened seasons is probalby the was to go IMO.

(Breaking Bad was the perfect example of getting it right IMO - they knew just the right point to wrap it up, and avoided milking it).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    Whichever way they do it, I think they need to let it all kick-off and wrap up the story fairly sharpish. I've really enjoyed GoT up to this point, but felt this last season has maybe just started to flag a little bit (except the last couple of episodes of course). They can only wind up the tension with so many sub-plots and additional characters before they need to enact the conflicts they've been building to. Too many US series tend to get a little lost in their own mythology (Lost being a great example of how to blow a really good idea, really badly).

I think it appears that this is the way they are intending to take it, and much as fans like the story to go on forever, it sounds like the producers realise that they now need to bring it to a conclusion. Two shortened seasons is probalby the was to go IMO.

(Breaking Bad was the perfect example of getting it right IMO - they knew just the right point to wrap it up, and avoided milking it).
    To be fair I think they are doing a good job of reducing the sub plots with the amount of big characters they have just killed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk