closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    To be fair I think they are doing a good job of reducing the sub plots with the amount of big characters they have just killed off.
    Agree with that - you can finally feel the story-arcs that have balooned out in the first 5 series now starting to finally converge and come together. Agree that it needs to finish in 2 short seasons now or else it will be like a perpertual soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    To be fair I think they are doing a good job of reducing the sub plots with the amount of big characters they have just killed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can't argue with that! In the last two episodes they killed off an awful lot of major characters.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    When Tommen jumped I couldn't help but think of this

Same here!

Master
    Couldn't help myself, it made me chuckle.

From the HBO website.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    This is a great tool for GoT fans. Interactive map timelining across TV seasons movements and current locations of Characters.

Spoilers contained:

quartermaester.info

After resisting the temptation to start watching this again, I gave into temptation and started series 6. I was quite surprised that it much more engaging than I expected especially after reading the books, which were getting quite confusing.

Although I have forgotten a lot and may have to watch series 5 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lippy View Post
    This is a great tool for GoT fans. Interactive map timelining across TV seasons movements and current locations of Characters.

Spoilers contained:

quartermaester.info
    That's very cool. Thanks

Master
    Season 7 delayed by a few months and likely to be shorter.

http://news.sky.com/story/game-of-th...layed-10494571

Craftsman
    Season 6 was the best so far, BoTB is up there with Battle of Blackwater and the Red Wedding as the best episode.

Master
    Official trailer for the final season. Good enough reason to bump this thread! Can't wait.

https://youtu.be/wA38GCX4Tb0

Really looking forward to it!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    I was late to the party with GOT and ended up watching all 7 seasons virtually back to back. Not sure how I'm going to cope having to watch one episode a week!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    I was late to the party with GOT and ended up watching all 7 seasons virtually back to back. Not sure how I'm going to cope having to watch one episode a week!
    I watched all the episodes again over the summer, maybe 3 a week. I was amazed at how much I'd not picked up on the first time I watched them - very small almost pointless scenes say in series 1 episode 4, that then become apparent in say series 5 episode 2. Very clever writing. Cannot wait.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I watched all the episodes again over the summer, maybe 3 a week. I was amazed at how much I'd not picked up on the first time I watched them - very small almost pointless scenes say in series 1 episode 4, that then become apparent in say series 5 episode 2. Very clever writing. Cannot wait.
    I think that's what I will struggle with the most watching one episode a week. There are so many sub stories in each episode I think I would forget half of them watching the episodes in real time. I felt like I almost needed to watch them back to back to help link everything together. in an ideal world I would wait until the end of season 8 and watch all episodes back to back, realistically there is no way that will happen!!

We're re-watching the previous series at the moment - very good.

Looking forward to S8.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Same as and likewise it'll be torture

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Official trailer for the final season. Good enough reason to bump this thread! Can't wait.

https://youtu.be/wA38GCX4Tb0
    EXCELLENT

Blog Entries
    Ooooh…. Winters coming !!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Ooooh…. Winters coming !!!
    Winter has arrived !

Master
    Something I've always loved about GoT is the rich and varied (although intertwined) location driven storyline. Despite most episodes being just under an hour long you really seem to get your 55 minute's worth.

I too am dreading the weekly wait and would like to realise my aspiration to wait until the end of the season and binge watch it in its entirety. There are several reasons why I haven't done this up to now including impatience, but the main reason is because I can't bear 7 weeks of constant taunting by my colleagues at work who would take great pleasure in shouting spoilers across the office in my presence

Craftsman
    Just gets better, we could have done with him negotiating BREXIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWmGrR9a818

Master
    If I start now I can rewatch all 7 seasons before April 14th, there's 90 days to go and 67 episodes to watch.

Um surprised no ones resurrected this thread from the dead (). No one been tuning into Season 8?

We got off to a nice start - there seemed to be a fair amount of imagery/parallels to the very first episode and also how everything has now converged back to only a few spots after the sprawling narrative and geography that has spanned this series.

We got the reveals (is it just me, or did Jon not look overly shocked? Was his riding of the dragon a giveaway?), we got some more dragon action (when did the North get that much dramatic landscape?) and we got Bronn getting a bit worried that his lady friend may have the pox. Plus who can forget the classic look Bran gave Jaime at the end? Priceless!

I predict we'll see the big battle in episode 3 (on account its the longest episode this season) - so one more of piece setting before it all begins! How did everyone else find the episode?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Um surprised no ones resurrected this thread from the dead (). No one been tuning into Season 8?

We got off to a nice start - there seemed to be a fair amount of imagery/parallels to the very first episode and also how everything has now converged back to only a few spots after the sprawling narrative and geography that has spanned this series.

We got the reveals (is it just me, or did Jon not look overly shocked? Was his riding of the dragon a giveaway?), we got some more dragon action (when did the North get that much dramatic landscape?) and we got Bronn getting a bit worried that his lady friend may have the pox. Plus who can forget the classic look Bran gave Jaime at the end? Priceless!

I predict we'll see the big battle in episode 3 (on account its the longest episode this season) - so one more of piece setting before it all begins! How did everyone else find the episode?
    It was good, looking forward to the final season. Should be some really good fight scenes, I just hope they don't skip the action like they did when Stannis attacked. In relation to the Jon reveal Daenerys looked at him puzzled in the last season when he touched the dragons as only Targaryens are meant to be able to go near one safely. So she must have thought something was up.

Watch the ozzie man review on the episode, it is good - like so much of his stuff is.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    It was good, looking forward to the final season. Should be some really good fight scenes, I just hope they don't skip the action like they did when Stannis attacked. In relation to the Jon reveal Daenerys looked at him puzzled in the last season when he touched the dragons as only Targaryens are meant to be able to go near one safely. So she must have thought something was up.

Watch the ozzie man review on the episode, it is good - like so much of his stuff is.
    I've long suspected that Dany would descend into some sort of Targaryen madness and that she'd be ok getting it on with Jon even if they are related. Plus we can see she is many things, but a ruler she is not. That insecurity will not be good going forward.

I don't think the battle will last only one episode - we've had a 7 season build up of 'Winter is Coming' so it should last longer. Though I suspect there will be a 'cheat' of sorts with killing the white walkers kills large portions of the dead.

Bets on Arya slaying at least the Dragon if not half the White Walkers?

Yea loved the recap episode, sort of shone a light on all the characters still alive. Its going to be a great end series!

I've long suspected that Dany would descend into some sort of Targaryen madness and that she'd be ok getting it on with Jon even if they are related. Plus we can see she is many things, but a ruler she is not. That insecurity will not be good going forward.

I don't think the battle will last only one episode - we've had a 7 season build up of 'Winter is Coming' so it should last longer. Though I suspect there will be a 'cheat' of sorts with killing the white walkers kills large portions of the dead.

Bets on Arya slaying at least the Dragon if not half the White Walkers?
    The plan she gave to the blacksmith looked like a blow dart type thing, could end up like you said if she uses it to hit one of the main white walkers

The plan she gave to the blacksmith looked like a blow dart type thing, could end up like you said if she uses it to hit one of the main white walkers
    I feel they have to give her some major wins otherwise her current outward confidence would be terribly overdone/overrated.

Journeyman
    I predict we'll see the big battle in episode 3 (on account its the longest episode this season) - so one more of piece setting before it all begins!
    Agreed on episode 3. if you watch the trailer for episode 2 even that looks like more of a set up episode.

anyone notice the opening credits, pretty much first few seconds you see on that globe a lion on one side, a wolf with arrows through it and on the right the knight king holding the head of a wolf!

John and sam's chat was pretty much questioning Danerys understanding/loyalty to him being able to take the throne - to be out there with first read on that (could be miles off) - John and Danerys to end up fighting between themselves. to be really out there for a shock, John to kill her and take the throne

Prediction:
    Good will defeat evil, obvs.
    Jon & Dany to rule together.
    Cersei’s baby will be a dwarf... (poetic justice)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wall View Post
    Prediction:
    Good will defeat evil, obvs.
    Cersei’s baby will be a dwarf... (poetic justice)

Seven seasons of GoT and you're expecting a happy ending???? Haaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha.

Joking apart, either Jon or Dany has to survive, surely.

That said, the White Walkers are most definitely going to make it to Kings Landing, and they have to go through Winterfell first to get there which seems to be where most of our main characters are.

How are they going to parcel out the episodes??
    The Winterfell battle is said to run to an entire 80 minute episode and is going to include some huge character exits, no question at all - maybe even one of the above two. But that can't be the finale since Kings Landing is further South, so the White Walkers are going to end up there last.

I'm glad there aren't any real spoilers out there, it's fun guessing for now. A very popular theory is that Tyrion has been playing "the great game" right from the start and will bump Dany off at the end to take the throne.

There will probably be a cheat of some sort, a bit like the wild-fire thing from a few seasons ago. Something that means they are not just fighting the wights on equal terms hand-to-hand. Can they not make some nail-bombs out of Dragonglass? Scatter a ton of the stuff through loads of them at once.
    Last edited by kevkojak; 16th April 2019 at 21:50.

I’ve read somewhere that we might see Arya on a dragon with her newly forged weapon.

This was an excellent start to the final series. As said above a good recap of who is still alive and exactly where they are in terms of both story and location.

I'm really looking forward to this final series. I want to see Ayra kill more than her fair share, and survive, other than that I'm not fussed who dies. It's GoT after all.

Craftsman
    What odds on Arya stealing the face of a wight / white walker, walking unscathed through the massed dead before blow-darting the Undead dragon and stabbing the Night King with her Valyrian steel dagger?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    What odds on Arya stealing the face of a wight / white walker, walking unscathed through the massed dead before blow-darting the Undead dragon and stabbing the Night King with her Valyrian steel dagger?
    She is a complete bad ass! Aya in for the kill!!!

Valerian steel won’t do it…. Has to be dragon glass…. Derhhh

I thought Valyrian steel killed them too. And fire.....

Master
    Valerian steel does kill them. Apparently that is not known by the white walkers.

Master
    I hope I'm not the only one who nearly shot through the ceiling during the final scene?!?!

Craftsman
    She is a complete bad ass! Aya in for the kill!!!

Valerian steel won’t do it…. Has to be dragon glass…. Derhhh
    Valyrian steel will kill a White Walker. Jon Snow killed one with Longclaw in the Hardholme episode. There's more of a debate around obsidian killing the wights (yes in the TV show, no in the books)...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Valyrian steel will kill a White Walker. Jon Snow killed one with Longclaw in the Hardholme episode. There's more of a debate around obsidian killing the wights (yes in the TV show, no in the books)...
    Oh crikey…. I am clearly primary school level GOT!!!

Didn’t recall that bit!

I have seen 3 different spellings of Valyrian on this thread now…

What on gods (or lord of lights) earth is obsidian?

Blog Entries
    Does anyone else read this with

Duh duh…. De da durh.... de dad de,de dad de,de dad de,de dad de

Going round their head?

Unless they defeat the WW at Winterfell and the rest of the episodes are dealing with Cersi and her new army.

In one of the trailers I am sure it was a clip of all the Starks down in the family crypt and the WW king is in front of them.

Either way I can see a lot of main characters dying very soon, maybe they all die and the WW King sits on the iron throne at the end

Oh crikey…. I am clearly primary school level GOT!!!

Didn’t recall that bit!

I have seen 3 different spellings of Valyrian on this thread now…

What on gods (or lord of lights) earth is obsidian?
    Obsidain is the dragon glass that Sam first killed a WW with and they mined it in the previous series

Unless they defeat the WW at Winterfell and the rest of the episodes are dealing with Cersi and her new army.

In one of the trailers I am sure it was a clip of all the Starks down in the family crypt and the WW king is in front of them.

Either way I can see a lot of main characters dying very soon, maybe they all die and the WW King sits on the iron throne at the end
    Entirely possible I think the WW King has certain aims that are yet unknown to us. There must be a reason why they want to head south.

I reckon as someone pointed out above the army of the dead has to make it to Kings Landing. Bit anti-climatic if they get defeated at Winterfell.

I wonder if Cersei’s Meister, who created Ser Robert Strong, will be able to do something against the WW army?

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    I wonder if Cersei’s Meister, who created Ser Robert Strong, will be able to do something against the WW army?
    Need lots of fire - maybe something similar what was used some seasons ago?

I think the cheat will be - kill the WW King and the rest fall. Easier said than done!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    I wonder if she’s in cahoots with them?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wall View Post
    GOT has never been about living happy ever after and I cannot see this happening at all. Maybe they both die but my money is on Dany to die for definite.

All guesswork of course:

Jon and Dany to fall out as she won't bend the knee to him when she finds out he's the rightful King.
    The Knight King to kill and turn Jon, or think he has, but hasn't because he can't - something to do with Jon already having died and been brought back so turning him to one of the doesn't work.

Or (the end I think would be really cool to watch), the two smaller dragons are wiped out and the last scene is Jon and the Knight King fighting and Drogon (the big dragon) flies over them and burns them both. The scene is just full of fire for a minute or so and as the fire disappears, Jon is standing there the lone survivor - now we know he's Targaryen he can't be killed by fire!

Probably all wrong.

As long as Arya and Bronn of the Blackwater survive I'll be happy, as they are the best characters for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post

As long as Arya and Bronn of the Blackwater survive I'll be happy, as they are the best characters for me.

Amen to that. I was watching a compilation of Bronns best bits on YouTube, he's a legend.

(On king joffrey ) "he's clogged up, balls to brains."

"You think dipping his wick will cure what ails him?"

"Nope, there's no cure for being a c*&t"

😂😂😂😂