closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Basically the episode goes to show that all women end up turning into nutters if given the opportunity. Men you have been warned :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hehehehe...some people on YouTube in comments on the clips say the same. Though I think fire breathing dragons are as representative.

Joking aside, they really spoilt a chance with Syrio and Jaqen maybe both being faceless men, or the same person, keeping an eye on Arya, and maybe coming to her aid in this season.

I could barely watch that episode. Really poor. Sadly GOT is a shadow of it's former self.

Arya to kill Daenerys to put Jon Snow (aka Ned Stark) on the iron throne in the last episode. You heard it here first

Master

Game of Thrones

Arya is now gone. She has given up the hate and is going to live as a lady with the Gendry.
    Tyrion will kill Dany.
    Jon will be the king.
    The season 8 will be known as the worst letdown in TV history.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this season, and don't really understand the criticism that I'm reading across the internet. It was always going to end with some epic battles, and I don't think the writers could have done a whole lot more with the script than they have done.

Anyway, I think Emilia Clarke's acting has gone up a level - she's actually quite menacing now - and I have a feeling that Jon Snow now knows what he has to do. Really looking forward to the finale.

I agree Tony, we really enjoyed last nights episode and the season so far.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    and I have a feeling that Jon Snow now knows what he has to do. Really looking forward to the finale.
    I’ve that feeling too. He’s coming over a bit soft at the moment but I think after this episode he may well turn on her. Like father, like daughter - mad king to mad queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I’ve that feeling too. He’s coming over a bit soft at the moment but I think after this episode he may well turn on her. Like father, like daughter - mad king to mad queen.
    As an aside, I also think it's clear that a live dragon is no longer a viable option (unless it's Dany that ends up sitting on the throne - if there even is a throne any longer!). I think we're in for an interesting close to the series.

I'm going to try to buy the dragon when the series ends, I have plans.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    A watch with a bit of dragon in it?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

To be fair, I think season 8 was always going to be seen as a letdown: so much hype, so many fans hopeful that their pet theory will be the right one, so much weight of expectation and so much imagination...

Personally, I really enjoyed it. Properly Shakespearean in scale and scope, some nice little vignettes and for me at least the overarching message that nobody achieves power uncorrupted by brutality.

Also, frankly, I felt the sacking of the city was in keeping - surrender after a symbolic defence was a very risky business in the mediaeval and ancient worlds. Ask any (surviving) citizen of Merv or Nishapur...

Clearly it was rag week for Daenerys

I enjoyed it for the most part. Finally the dragon actually does something useful!

I like that it showed Dani has cracked and that every person has their breaking point, watching her best friends head get cut off and losing her dragons just tipped her over the edge. She did go a little OTT mind burning an entire city!

Would have preferred Cersi to die in a better way than just getting crushed, Dani burning her with a dragon would have been a more fitting end.

Jon / Ayra will 100% kill Dani next episode.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Arya to kill Daenerys to put Jon Snow (aka Ned Stark) on the iron throne in the last episode. You heard it here first
    Jon will kill Dany then surrender and return to the Night's Watch to serve his punishment.
    Bran will be voted onto the Iron Throne.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Clearly it was rag week for Daenerys
    'Kin R, jeez she's a bit grumpy or what! Anyone know where I can get a good lease deal on one of those dragons?

Cersi dying in Jamies arms in the castle basement where they played together as children among the dragon bones, was far too kind/pleasant a death although the fact it was Targarion riding a dragon razing the palace and bringing down Cersi's ambitions/rule had a poetic quality.

Euron, what a plonker.

The Starks and Dany have a lot to resolve, Arya to deploy badass ninja skills.

Jon ends up ruling as King in the NORTH and Sansa is installed at Kings Landing, re/marries Tyrion thus uniting Starks and Lannisters and so the kingdom.

The problem in trying to end such a series is that when it started, based on what George Martin had written, there was so much content and so many characters that you could go a couple of episodes without seeing certain characters.
    Now they’ve gone past the books and are finishing the series they have to somehow bring everything to closure in a relatively short space of time.
    I’m enjoying this series myself and thought last nights one of the best.

I'm still reeling from Keeley Hawes withdrawal. Anyway, kingslayer is gone, how about Arya becoming queenslayer? She's the one trained as an assassin and Jon is too nice to kill someone in cold blood. He is, however, already dead, so maybe he was brought back to kill Dani and then disappear in a puff of smoke. I'm all for Sansa and Tyrion getting it together and ruling from the Iron Throne. Peter Dinklage's name is the first on the credits too.

Oh yeah and Grey Worm looks well pissed off with Jon. Maybe he and Jon need a nice big fight before Arya can kill Dani?

I don't know why but I just can't see Jon surviving, dead or alive.

Maybe Dani's simply going to leave the Unsullied to fight it out with Jon and co while she flies off to roast Sansa, who'll be saved by Brienne of Tarth.
    Last edited by Foxy100; 14th May 2019 at 12:31.
    "A man of little significance"

I don't think Cersi is dead, that was too crap an ending for her.

Eddie
    Can I have ago, when your finished with it Eddie?

Master
    I don't think Cersi is dead, that was too crap an ending for her.
    Looks like she is dead.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8911021.html

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I'm still reeling from Keeley Hawes withdrawal. Anyway, kingslayer is gone, how about Arya becoming queenslayer? She's the one trained as an assassin and Jon is too nice to kill someone in cold blood. He is, however, already dead, so maybe he was brought back to kill Dani and then disappear in a puff of smoke. I'm all for Sansa and Tyrion getting it together and ruling from the Iron Throne. Peter Dinklage's name is the first on the credits too.

Oh yeah and Grey Worm looks well pissed off with Jon. Maybe he and Jon need a nice big fight before Arya can kill Dani?

I don't know why but I just can't see Jon surviving, dead or alive.

Maybe Dani's simply going to leave the Unsullied to fight it out with Jon and co while she flies off to roast Sansa, who'll be saved by Brienne of Tarth.
    You lost me with the first sentence. Who is Keeley Hawes?

Eddie

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post

That's a shame, I was hoping her demise would involve something more pointy.

Blog Entries
    That's a shame, I was hoping her demise would involve something more pointy.
    I've often thought about that too....

Journeyman
    I think Bran is the night king. Would be an interesting conclusion.

A brilliant episode. I really don't understand all the criticism here for the season. I've looked forward to every episode and enjoyed them all.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    A brilliant episode. I really don't understand all the criticism here for the season. I've looked forward to every episode and enjoyed them all.
    Absolutely agree!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post

The pacing has changed and that's what is spoiling it for me, given how long it took to get to where we are the action in this series would have taken another 3 at least at the old rate.While the action has been ramped up the character development has all but stopped or has gone haywire.

It just feels as though it's been written by different people, which it has.

It has the feeling of the series 5 of the wire which didn't really fit with what came before.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I agree that I would've liked Cersi to go out a little more spectacularly.
    A good slug fest between The Hound and The Mountain and fitting that it should end in a fall into dragon fire.
    Arya? She's super angry now....my money is on her to kill Daneris who has gone totally fruit loops.
    As Foxy said,Jon Snow is already dead and the Red Woman said that the Lord of Light only brings people back in order to complete a task....so what is Jon's task? Is it to sit on The Iron Throne? Seems too neat so I'm going to say no although I don't really know what else the gormless twit can do.
    I just can't see Tyrion taking the throne so I think he will die in some twist.

Craftsman
    I am not convinced 100% that Jamie and Cersi are dead.
    Although I don't see what stops Jamie dying of internal bleeding from those two deep stab wounds in the lung / stomach area.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    I think Bran is the night king. Would be an interesting conclusion.
    Good call.

Craftsman
    Petition to demand season 8 is rewritten by competent writers rather than the chimps that wrote the current version.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...eason-8-remake

You mean the same writers who have been writing it since season one?

Journeyman
    I can see their point a little but its never going to happen. At the end of the day both seasons 7 and 8 were written in conjunction with, and signed off by George himself.

Journeyman
    Not seen the latest season yet. Will download them all on Monday. Book a day off work and arm myself with curry and beer !

Ok finally seen episode 5. The problem with TV is they have to simplify a lot of the stories and the number of frontline characters - especially as the books are not finished, so a lot of the nuances sadly has been lost.

Episode 5 wasn't too bad - but definitely worth watching the featurette at the end where the show runners give some insight into the episode. One of those big simplifications in season 8 is the demise of Dany. Trying to show properly how she has lost her closest friends, dragons, betrayed by advisors, unrequited love which has led her to this point is rather tough. You can also tell that her decision to destroy the city was a snap decision - Dany is impulsive at times and is also shaped by cruel events in her life. Frankly a lot of her issues could have been solved with a bit of good therapy

On Jon - this is his first battle which wasn't on a battlefield. He starts to realise wars for a crown in a city are a very different affair. I liked in the episode how they showed Arya trying to leave the city and being caught up in the chaos. Well shot.

I also thought interesting their thoughts about Jamie's motivation for going back to Kings Landing. Jamie felt that he and Cersei came into this world together and ultimately they had to die together - again difficult to get across in TV.

I'm not sure how this is going to wrap up - there seems to be A LOT of things to try and resolve for one episode (or they may just simplify and sort out who eventually sits on the iron throne). I think it will be the end of the Targaryen line - so deaths of Jon and Dany.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    One of those big simplifications in season 8 is the demise of Dany. Trying to show properly how she has lost her closest friends, dragons, betrayed by advisors, unrequited love which has led her to this point is rather tough. You can also tell that her decision to destroy the city was a snap decision - Dany is impulsive at times and is also shaped by cruel events in her life.
    To be fair to her, I've seen worse reactions from my missus when I haven't picked up on her psychic messages to refill the dishwasher salt.

Craftsman
    Although I don't see what stops Jamie dying of internal bleeding from those two deep stab wounds in the lung / stomach area.
    What he said! Not sure about Jamie but he seems a hardy type so you never know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB687 View Post
    What he said! Not sure about Jamie but he seems a hardy type so you never know.
    Strange rumours circulating that Cersei is dead but that Jamie might not be.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The cast have given it away that Jamie isn't dead by making such a big deal of every other character that has died.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    To be fair to her, I've seen worse reactions from my missus when I haven't picked up on her psychic messages to refill the dishwasher salt.
    Haha!

Reading around, people taking the mick about all those parents who must have named their kids 'Daenerys' or 'Khaleesi' over the past 5/7 years.....only to see her turn out to be the villain. Classic Martin twist!!!!

I think this is Martin's grand vision on Song of Ice and Fire, we spend an entire series getting to love her and then slowly see her turn. Just handled better in the books!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Haha!

Reading around, people taking the mick about all those parents who must have named their kids 'Daenerys' or 'Khaleesi' over the past 5/7 years.....only to see her turn out to be the villain. Classic Martin twist!!!!

I think this is Martin's grand vision on Song of Ice and Fire, we spend an entire series getting to love her and then slowly see her turn. Just handled better in the books!
    If I'm honest, I still love Daenrys..... I'd drink her bath water.

Master
    Danaerys to kill Jon Snow.

Arya to kill Denaerys.

Gendry is a Baratheon. Becomes king.

Arya marries Gendry and becomes queen.

That's what LuBee and I think, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Danaerys to kill Jon Snow.

Arya to kill Denaerys.

Gendry is a Baratheon. Becomes king.

Arya marries Gendry and becomes queen.

That's what LuBee and I think, anyway.
    Jon is definitely a dead man walking - though I wonder as a Targaryen whether dragon fire will kill him...

And Arya will not be a happy camper after seeing what Dany did to Kings Landing. I’ve had an inkling the series would end with the end of the Targaryens and that seems most likely now. I’d be sorely disappointed if Jon ends up alive.

Master
    Petition to demand season 8 is rewritten by competent writers rather than the chimps that wrote the current version.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...eason-8-remake
    No point, this is GRRM's story and ending, it is just being written by D&D and their writers, but since season 5 there has been no source material from the lazy and useless author, so this is the best you are ever gonna get in 8 seasons, which is already 5 seasons more than DD really wanted to make, they just wanted to see the Red Wedding when they started this project.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    The cast have given it away that Jamie isn't dead by making such a big deal of every other character that has died.
    After the injuries he sustained at Euron's hand, I expected him to bleed to death before he could find Cersei. And that's not the only bit of clumsy plotting in this truncated final season.

I'm not convinced that Arya will despatch Dany. She's already had her big moment with the Night King. I suspect one or more characters will die trying to kill Dany before someone succeeds. Tyrion maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    After the injuries he sustained at Euron's hand, I expected him to bleed to death before he could find Cersei. And that's not the only bit of clumsy plotting in this truncated final season.

I'm not convinced that Arya will despatch Dany. She's already had her big moment with the Night King. I suspect one or more characters will die trying to kill Dany before someone succeeds. Tyrion maybe?
    Agreed it doesnt quite seem right if arya does it and she did have that moment of epiphany with the hound.

Tyrion or even jon through clenched teeth to rescue the situation.
    Jon has to do something compete this season surely?