closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Autavia to be reissued in 2017

i hope it won't say tag on the dial!

Perfect. I wonder what'll be inside it.

Master
    Please don't make it larger TAG Heuer! I'd love a modern version of that to be true to its origins. This could really be my first TAG in a good while 👍👍

I would like one but it'll be interesting to see what powers it, how much it is and if they release a raft of them now. I would guess there'll be no mention of tag!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That is absolutely gorgeous. I hope Biver doesn't cock it up with Wiz Khalifa or Vanilla Ice as the ambassadors for this piece.

I wonder if they'll tailor the watch to whatever movement they have to hand or find a movement to fit the watch? Just as long as they don't feel the need to squeeze in a date window at 4:30.
    "A man of little significance"

Ooooo. I like! Wonder what the ball park price will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it is around 38 to 40mm in size. No doubt it will be the size of all the monster Carreras they have been releasing.

Mark Williams on IPhone Taptalk

Apprentice

cater for my tasty, it is the piece that i like very much. my cup of the tea. amazing

Master
    This looks great. Let's hope they don't ruin it by going over 38/40mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I wonder if they'll tailor the watch to whatever movement they have to hand or find a movement to fit the watch? Just as long as they don't feel the need to squeeze in a date window at 4:30.
    Bet they do.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Yep, please please do not add a DATE!!!

On a side note, is this going to be a limited edition?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by .olli. View Post
    Yes because that would give it away :D
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Blog Entries
    My second choice but I may well still give it a try depending on the many factors already mentioned above.

I know that sense isn't in great supply sometimes, but surely it would be a little ridiculous to run a competition to choose a design, then change the design by putting a date window on it for release?

Master

OFFICIAL!!!!

Tag Heuer design team have run out of ideas, not only can they not design a new watch, they can't even decide which old model to reissue.
    So they've used the competition marketing trick. Get Joe Public to make the decision as well as raising brand awareness all on the cheap

surely a beautifull reissue but probably to big sized and to expensive for me! List price i read on the dutch watforul is going to be around 5700 euro!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

I hope not. Otherwise it'll be snoopy all over again.

As is stands in the photo, I really like that ..... will be interesting to see how it pans out final design- and price-wise .....

Nice! If it is priced wisely I'll definitely get it!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    So they've used the competition marketing trick. Get Joe Public to make the decision as well as raising brand awareness all on the cheap
    Or, harnessing the power of social media and the internet and ensuring maximum demand? I don't think much of soc med but since this is the only watch they've "put out to tender", why not? I mean, what do you think of their in-house designs? I bet it's not complimentary.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by .olli. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Please don't make it larger TAG Heuer! I'd love a modern version of that to be true to its origins. .........
    I wonder if they'll tailor the watch to whatever movement they have to hand or find a movement to fit the watch? ............
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

Beautiful watch. I think I'd agree with pretty much all the comments or concerns expressed above. However, I'd have to add, for myself personally, were I in the market for one of these, anything but the vintage correct domed and "armoured" plexiglass/acrylic crystal would ruin it.

I'd assume. though, that many or most buyers going for these would want or demand scratch defying double dome sapphire while ignoring the technical advantages that the Autavia's original type plexi crystal had over sapphire for actual aviation and motor racing, etc., use.

Regardless of that, though, and this could easily also be just me, but, style-wise at least, maybe Tag-Heuer ought to dump all its current models designed or restyled since the mid-1980s, and just bring back ALL the old (pre-Tag) original Autavia, Carrera, military "Bundeswehr" type, etc., Heuers made like they were in the 60s/70s, etc., because I think that reissue you show aesthetically outclasses anything else I could see in their current catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Beautiful watch. I think I'd agree with pretty much all the comments or concerns expressed above. However, I'd have to add, for myself personally, were I in the market for one of these, anything but the vintage correct domed and "armoured" plexiglass/acrylic crystal would ruin it.

I'd assume. though, that many or most buyers going for these would want or demand scratch defying double dome sapphire while ignoring the technical advantages that the Autavia's original type plexi crystal had over sapphire for actual aviation and motor racing, etc., use.

Regardless of that, though, and this could easily also be just me, but, style-wise at least, maybe Tag-Heuer ought to dump all its current models designed or restyled since the mid-1980s, and just bring back ALL the old (pre-Tag) original Autavia, Carrera, military "Bundeswehr" type, etc., Heuers made like they were in the 60s/70s, etc., because I think that reissue you show aesthetically outclasses anything else I could see in their current catalogue
    I think 'Heuer' should deal with reissues of old designs and the modern versions of the Carrera (they should make more of its heritage and make it a bit special), 'TAG Heuer' should concentrate on the kind of stuff you see for less than £2k and there should be a new division that makes the high-end stuff containing new technology and so on.
    "A man of little significance"

Tag, can you make the watch without "TAG" on the dial or anywhere else. Only Heuer.
    Please make it 40mm. Case excluding the crown and pushers. Can you also house a Zenith we el primero movement.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    There is a lot of stuff in there that makes many a WIS reminisce. But Heuer went virtually bust for a reason, and the TAGs you see mostly see today are Carrera 1887s, F1s and Aquaracers.

Dumping all the current models in favour of the £4k+ reissues would guarantee to put TAG-Heuer out of business. Maybe that's the idea - old, dead brands are so much cooler right ;).

Master
    I think 'Heuer' should deal with reissues of old designs and the modern versions of the Carrera (they should make more of its heritage and make it a bit special), 'TAG Heuer' should concentrate on the kind of stuff you see for less than £2k and there should be a new division that makes the high-end stuff containing new technology and so on.
    Better still just have Heuer for all the nice ones and Tag (without Heuer) for all the rest. Putting two brands on the same dial was a bad idea from the start.

Good choice anyway, and why not harness the power of social media to make the one people actually want. It must be annoying to make products and then spend the next year reading what's wrong with them on forums such as this. Though of course there is a risk of having to release a Taggy McTagface if things get out of hand...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Better still just have Heuer for all the nice ones and Tag (without Heuer) for all the rest. Putting two brands on the same dial was a bad idea from the start.

Good choice anyway, and why not harness the power of social media to make the one people actually want. It must be annoying to make products and then spend the next year reading what's wrong with them on forums such as this.
    You think TAG-Heuer bothers with WIS forums??

Master

Autavia to be reissued in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised if marketing departments in general paid more attention to blogs and forums than in the past. Increasingly people turn to them when making purchasing decisions and take the old school media with a pinch of salt, and they know that.

Master
    Or, harnessing the power of social media and the internet and ensuring maximum demand? I don't think much of soc med but since this is the only watch they've "put out to tender", why not? I mean, what do you think of their in-house designs? I bet it's not complimentary.
    Aquaracer, Monaco, earlier F1, some Carreras all appeal to me, used to own a Monaco, wouldn't mind another.
    IMO it's still lazy (but clever) marketing, no focus group required, no decision making required, no market testing required, no sales pitch required, the public tell you what they want, you make it
    Reminds me of the old Post Office design a stamp for Christmas comp on Blue Peter. Why pay a designer when kids can do it for free?

Master
    Doubtful, they barely bother with watches!

Top trolling again ^^^^

Anyway, I like the chosen design from the image. It's not the one I chose, but there were several nice ones.
    Last edited by andy tims; 19th April 2016 at 20:51.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I don't see how this is lazy marketing in the slightest, Rob Vicar/Nunya trolltastic trolling troll.

Just seems like they're trying to give us a bit of choice and the chance to own a factory reissue of one of the coolest watches from the last half a century.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Aquaracer, Monaco, earlier F1, some Carreras all appeal to me, used to own a Monaco, wouldn't mind another.
    IMO it's still lazy (but clever) marketing, no focus group required, no decision making required, no market testing required, no sales pitch required, the public tell you what they want, you make it
    Reminds me of the old Post Office design a stamp for Christmas comp on Blue Peter. Why pay a designer when kids can do it for free?
    Ya, thought so.

Slammed if they do, and slammed if they don't, eh?

Master
    I certainly want one. Hopefully this won't be a limited edition and then will be reasonably accessible pricewise. When the Monaco CAW211P was introduced I expected it to be in short supply and discounts unheard of, but that's not the case, with up to 40% discounts on the grey market. While arguably this Autavia has the same target market it probably is more 'niche' than the Monaco, so possibly the same principles may not apply.