closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Waterless wash & wax bargain

Waterless wash & wax bargain

For those of you that use waterless wash & wax product on your cars, bikes, etc., Ideal World are currently offering 6 x litre bottles of Williams Waterless Wash & Wax (together with 2 spray triggers) for £27.99 (including P&P).

This equates to a saving of 68% on the normal price of £89.94

I’ve used this product for a while now and find it very good.

These offers tend to be very time sensitive, so if you want to take advantage I suggest you act quickly.

Details can be found here: http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/williams...32188214537255

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Good spot !

I use this stuff on my jet black Bonneville - works a treat

B

Master
    Surely all this stuff will do is scratch the paintwork? What happens to the dirt and grit on the panel surfaces, I imagine all that will happen is it gets caught in the cloth then swirled around on the paintwork.
    I guess it is ok for light dust but presumably you would never use it on a "dirty" car.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking the same Ashton.

I'm guessing I've got it wrong - hopefully.

Master
    Have a look at some of the reviews of waterless wax products - it appears they do work!

I've decided to give it a go and I definitely can't see Ralphy recommending a poor product.

Master
    Well I read this and read no further......admittedly BMW owners 😀 but stopped me pressing the add to basket button
    http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66463

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    Well I read this and read no further......admittedly BMW owners  but stopped me pressing the add to basket button
    http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66463

I read that, and thought exactly the same.

Journeyman
    I purchased the Williams offer last year. I've never used it on the car, used it on my motorbike several times.
    It doesn't take long and the bike looks fine.

Master
    Respecting Ralph's recommendation but a review from him and how he uses it might be interesting. It defies belief that you could just spray a panel covered in gritty particles then proceed to rub the cloth over the panel. The only way I could envisage it working would be to spray so much of the stuff on to wash the abrasive particles off the car that you may as well use a hose and water.

Sorry to over complicate the original post but I am genuinely interested in how this stuff can do what it says on the tin !

Ok, just for clarification...

I wouldn’t use anything other than soap and (copious) water on a heavily-grimed surface, but for something lesser I’m happy to use this Williams product. Not in a 'scrub away at the surface’ way, but with a supply of clean clothes combined with the waterless spray it gives a good result.

Other’s may think differently of course, but as I did state:
    For those of you that use waterless wash & wax product...
    I’m happy to recommend the Williams product at the price from Idealworld.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Continuing to read reviews on waterless cleaning, rather than just this specific product, suggests that you need to use 8-10 cloths per car wash to prevent scratching.

Also, the Williams product is regularly available in Home Bargains for £1.99 a bottle.

Master
    In honesty though, I won't be using it as a waterless cleaner - more like an easy wax after getting all the grime off.

Master
    Thanks Ralph. Clarity appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Continuing to read reviews on waterless cleaning, rather than just this specific product, suggests that you need to use 8-10 cloths per car wash to prevent scratching.

Also, the Williams product is regularly available in Home Bargains for £1.99 a bottle.
    Could you put up a link for anyone who’s offering Williams waterless wash at £1.99 a bottle as I can’t find it anywhere near that price - or even below £9 a bottle?

Thanks.

R

No worries, this is what I found when reading the reviews on detailingworld.co.uk

The chap on the forum said this was Home Bargains.

I use that stuff and its easy and quick to do the whole car. Have the cheapest car wash first is how I cheat and its a doddle. You get that lovely beading effect after when it rains. Showroom Shine is probably better but that is just my opinion, very similar stuff. Town is 20 miles away for me so online shopping wins. £1.99 for 750 ml is very good. The Ideal World deal is for liter bottles. Really good on conservatories an UPVC doors etc.

http://www.greasedlightning.co.uk/
    Last edited by luckywatch; 16th April 2016 at 11:18.

Master
    In my experience optimum no rince is a better product. You mix it into a couple of gallons of water so you can still use a bucket and grit guard to minimise marring the paint.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_773.html

No worries, this is what I found when reading the reviews on detailingworld.co.uk

The chap on the forum said this was Home Bargains.

That price is for Williams Wheel Cleaner (RRP £3.99), not Williams Waterless Wash (RRP £11.99).

R

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    That price is for Williams Wheel Cleaner (RRP £3.99), not Williams Waterless Wash (RRP £11.99).

R

I was was looking at the bottle on the left, which well spotted Ralphy, isn't in the right place on the shelf!

Williams Waterless Wash 'n' Wax.
    It is not clear from the photo what the price is.
    Although all other Williams products appear to be 50% off.

No idea whether it is the same exact product?

I will have a look at the section next time that I am in Home Bargains (not very often!)
    Last edited by andrewcregan; 16th April 2016 at 13:32.

Andrew, if you look at the barcode tag on the shelf in front of the bottle you will see its for the wheel cleaner, not the wash and wax.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Andrew, if you look at the barcode tag on the shelf in front of the bottle you will see its for the wheel cleaner, not the wash and wax.
    Thanks Jason, and previous post now amended/corrected.
    I just copied the photo from another forum, where the guy said he bought it for £1.99
    Unfortunately, the photo does not provide the evidence to back up his claim, although I see no need for him to be telling fibs

I must admit that it feels a little counterintuitive to have waterless wash when potentially damaging muck is involved, such as dust, mud, salt, manure etc.
    (plus I'm lucky if I can find just one clean cloth when I'm washing the bike)

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I must admit that it feels a little counterintuitive to have waterless wash when potentially damaging muck is involved, such as dust, mud, salt, manure etc.
    (plus I'm lucky if I can find just one clean cloth when I'm washing the bike)
    Simple. I use Pink for on and Blue for off. Order below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microfibre-C...rofibre+cloths

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post

Ordered some of them! Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post

Ordered some of them! Thanks for the link
    Another order for them here. ;-)

R

Ideal world have a 5 liter bottle of Williams wax and a 2 liter sprayer for £25 delivered. be quick.

http://www.idealworld.tv/378076?icn=...omepage_Mini_5

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    I'm thinking the same Ashton.

I'm guessing I've got it wrong - hopefully.
    my thoughts in this stuff is its for something that doesn't really get dirty, maybe dust or bugs, not clobber!

I've just discovered Autofinesse Tripple, Polish and carnauba wax in one. It polishes out the swirlies from previous washing and also leaves a really good wax finish. Brought the metallic black paint on my Disco3 up beautifully.

I think I'll have to use the hard wax for the winter, the say up to 6months protection with that, so I'm considering an electric polisher, any recommendations??

Re: electric polisher, the Merguiars V2 G220 is one of the most highly regarded for DIY users. It's a DA (Dual Action) machine so you are a lot less likely to 'burn' the paintwork when using it than a straight orbital polisher.

Ive used one for over a decade now and it's earned its keep many times over.

R

Regarding the polisher I bought a Rupes Bigfoot a couple of months ago, it has a larger (15mm) orbit than most and stacked up well in comparison tests with the only downside being it's quite expensive! It certainly does a cracking job, if you buy the starter kit you'll get all the mops, polishes, pastes and microfibre cloths you'll need to get going along with a handy carry case to store it all.

http://www.performancemotorcare.com/...tion-polisher/
    Last edited by Thewatchbloke; 31st July 2016 at 13:35.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Re: electric polisher, the Merguiars V2 G220 is one of the most highly regarded for DIY users. It's a DA (Dual Action) machine so you are a lot less likely to 'burn' the paintwork when using it than a straight orbital polisher.

Ive used one for over a decade now and it's earned its keep many times over.

R
    I don't suppose you have a link to that machine, the only one I can find in eBay is a drill based polisher, so it's used with your drill. I'd rather have a stand alone machine.

I've been considering buying a Silverline kit, which although it's obviously a budget brand will probably do everything I need.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231337836302

anyone used this??

ive just had another look at that Silverline machine, I don't think it's an orbital, which may actually rule it out!

this was my second choice, and this one is a dual action orbital polisher;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201626382277

poor boys are a well known brand but I'd like to know if anyone has any experience of this machine??
    Last edited by nutjob1234; 31st July 2016 at 14:39.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    Regarding the polisher I bought a Rupes Bigfoot a couple of months ago, it has a larger (15mm) orbit than most and stacked up well in comparison tests with the only downside being it's quite expensive! It certainly does a cracking job, if you buy the starter kit you'll get all the mops, polishes, pastes and microfibre cloths you'll need to get going along with a handy carry case to store it all.

http://www.performancemotorcare.com/...tion-polisher/
    thats probably a great machine but I don't want to spend that sort of money to be honest.

I've been polishing by hand but it's generally a full day job to do any of the cars. I know these machines are great, but the normal is a budget machine will generally do everything a non professional detailed will need.

a couple of the cars have a few years tar and blemishes and they would probably benefit from a damn good polish and clay prior to a decent pre-winter wax, and I hate the thought of that much manual polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by nutjob1234 View Post
    I don't suppose you have a link to that machine, the only one I can find in eBay is a drill based polisher, so it's used with your drill. I'd rather have a stand alone machine.

I've been considering buying a Silverline kit, which although it's obviously a budget brand will probably do everything I need.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231337836302

anyone used this??

ive just had another look at that Silverline machine, I don't think it's an orbital, which may actually rule it out!

this was my second choice, and this one is a dual action orbital polisher;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201626382277

poor boys are a well known brand but I'd like to know if anyone has any experience of this machine??
    I'd definitely recommend a dedicated machine. This is a review of several of them, including the Merguiars. http://www.performancemotorcare.com/...tion-polisher/

Regarding the initial outlay, these do have to be viewed as long-term investments.

R

Edit: oops, just seen that link has already been posted!