closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail - are my expectations too high?

Royal Mail - are my expectations too high?

I'm an advocate of RM, especially the Special Delivery service which I find good value and reliable.

However, on Monday 4th April I posted a watch to Roland Kemmner in Germany via the insured, tracked and signed-for service. Now, I've checked the tracking details tonight (Saturday 9th April - that 5 cycles of 24 hours) and it's still in Heathrow.

That seems pretty bloody poor to me.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Special Delivery has let me down several times over the last few months, and the Royal Mail tracking isn't as good as it used to be either.
    I have used International Tracked a few times over the years, and my parcels have usually arrived within the EU in 3-4 days.

I too have been let down a number of times over the past 6 months by RMSD and RMRD items that I have sent arriving late

RMSD still feels pretty safe - however the next day by 1.30pm side of things seems rather unreliable sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'm an advocate of RM, especially the Special Delivery service which I find good value and reliable.

However, on Monday 4th April I posted a watch to Roland Kemmner in Germany via the insured, tracked and signed-for service. Now, I've checked the tracking details tonight (Saturday 9th April - that 5 cycles of 24 hours) and it's still in Heathrow.

Thoughts? Experiences?
    Extra airport security measures maybe? I sent a Kemmner, coincidently, to a buyer in Holland about 4 weeks ago and it arrived in 3 days via the International tracked and signed-for service.

I've never had a problem with RM, touch wood.

Thoughts? Experiences?
    That does seem lame after the given time. In the odd instances I've used International Tracked and Signed, the item was in central Europe in 4 days.
    Keep calm, count to 10 and carry on. After all you surely won't be expecting Roland to send it back to you in a flash anyway....

Master

Thoughts? Experiences?
    PM me details and I'll track it Monday
    The 1pm guarantee is a little outdated and the business/regulator need to change it to a guaranteed next day - it's a real ball ache sometimes to 'cut out' from a delivery to go to another part of your delivery to attemp an SD

It's possible it could be with Roland already, I find with international tracked and signed for the tracked and signed for part doesn't always work once it's left the UK. The longest wait I had was a watch going back to Chile, it was six weeks before it landed on the chaps doormat which from memory is how long you have to wait before you can start a claim. The example below was a £3.5k watch that dropped off the radar for over a week.

Having said that I've never had a watch fail to arrive and I send a lot of watches abroad.

It happens from time to time. If it takes over time we don't worry until 2 weeks have passed. The proximity to the bank holiday has probably caused a backlog. Which is usually cleared newest first rather than oldest first.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Master
    I've received some items from Hong Kong recently sent via HK Post and RM. I received them within ten days of despatch. They arrived at the Heathrow Distribution Centre three days after posting in HK. According to the Track and Trace service on RM Website my parcel is still in Heathrow - I just checked. Clearly it doesn't update properly.

Probably best to speak with RM to see what's happening

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    I've received some items from Hong Kong recently sent via HK Post and RM. I received them within ten days of despatch. They arrived at the Heathrow Distribution Centre three days after posting in HK. According to the Track and Trace service on RM Website my parcel is still in Heathrow - I just checked. Clearly it doesn't update properly.

Probably best to speak with RM to see what's happening
    Items sent into the UK from OS don't always flow through to the SD system - I recently had a watch come from the US sent priority - it just arrived as a normal packet - it really depends what country it originated and how it was sent to the uk
    On another note I sent a phone to Europe - no sign after it left the uk but 2 weeks later the buyer informed me it had just landed in his post box

Thanks all, I'll leave it until the end of this week and will also ask Roland to tell me when it lands so I can see whether the tracking is reliable.

When you say "it's still in Heathrow" do you really mean that it hasn't been tracked since it arrived there? There was a recent thread about a watch stuck at an airport that was only resolved when it was delivered. There was no intermediate tracking. But that was an incoming package, delivered by RM.

Could it be that the German carrier now has your package and isn't updating the record?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    When you say "it's still in Heathrow" do you really mean that it hasn't been tracked since it arrived there? There was a recent thread about a watch stuck at an airport that was only resolved when it was delivered. There was no intermediate tracking. But that was an incoming package, delivered by RM.

Could it be that the German carrier now has your package and isn't updating the record?
    I suppose that could be the reality.

International tracking is patchy. I recently had a watch sent from Spain, and the tracking data stopped at 'Llegada a Oficina Internacional de Destino' ('arrived at international hub in destination country') for a period of about a week. During this time, it was delivered! Some days later, the tracking status changed to 'entregado' (delivered).

Master
    Just in case it isn't clear, RMSD is a domestic product, and isn't the service that is used for any any outward international service.

Heathrow is currently suffering a backlog in part due to extra security measures and the Easter break backlog.

As others have said, it wouldn't be a surprise if the next update is saying delivered.

Use trackitonline.ru to see the courier used in the destination country. Find it hard to believe some are under the impression RM is responsible for the package once it leave the UK.

Anyhow the other thing is that if a parcel using SD is late you can get your money back, or a portion of it.

I didn't think this was necessary when I phoned abut why something hadn't turned up as I was simply worried about the item. The person on the end of the phone made me aware of the fact I should get my money back and sorted out a refund. Although if something hadn't arrived by 1 but turned up by 2 I'd just be happy that the excellent service is there. I can't fault it, mostly they've been consistently reliable for me.
    Last edited by Bodo; 10th April 2016 at 12:15.

Journeyman
    Sorry to intrude on this thread but would you recommend Royal Mail for delivering £3K watch in the UK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaballs View Post
    Sorry to intrude on this thread but would you recommend Royal Mail for delivering £3K watch in the UK?

You'd need some added cover - RMSD is only upto £2500 if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by pandaballs View Post
    Well, it'll probably get there, but it won't be insured. Try Mail Boxes Etc.

Journeyman
    Cheerio all.

Master
    This thread worries Me a bit as when I was trying to send watch to Germany, I was told that Germany doesn't accept Jewellery/watches and so I struggled. It was my first ever international shipping and doesn't know how to ship items like this. I was just trying to ship it fully insured of the watch value. Any tips on how to ship items like this in the future specially Germany?

OP - hope Your watch arrive anytime soon...

I would not use RM or PF for international. Every time I have an international shipment RM are the slow link. I can move something 4000 miles in a few days and then RM take as much time to move it 200 miles

Well the tracking has updated today and apparently my watch arrived today......in China!!!!!

FFS

How hard can it be???????

Master
    At work we use DHL. Can't fault them. I had to ship a CD with medical documents on to America for the next day, which was a Saturday. Rang them up, arranged it. Picked up 10 mins after the call, and was delivered to the hospital in Cincinnati less than 24hrs later. Amazing! And not that expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    At work we use DHL. Can't fault them. I had to ship a CD with medical documents on to America for the next day, which was a Saturday. Rang them up, arranged it. Picked up 10 mins after the call, and was delivered to the hospital in Cincinnati less than 24hrs later. Amazing! And not that expensive!
    Thanks, that helps loads

You've got me interested in the outcome. Will you share the tracking number, please, that way we can all watch and wait together?

Ha ha! Errr, no.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    This thread worries Me a bit as when I was trying to send watch to Germany, I was told that Germany doesn't accept Jewellery/watches and so I struggled. It was my first ever international shipping and doesn't know how to ship items like this. I was just trying to ship it fully insured of the watch value. Any tips on how to ship items like this in the future specially Germany?

OP - hope Your watch arrive anytime soon...
    I've sent loads of watches to Germany, so whoever told you that is misinformed. But, Royal Mail international tracked and signed-for will only insure up to £250 so you'll need a third party insurer such as Parcel Pro, or use a courier that does insure watches.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I would not use RM or PF for international. Every time I have an international shipment RM are the slow link. I can move something 4000 miles in a few days and then RM take as much time to move it 200 miles
    Weird. I've never had a problem with them. A recent purchase sent from Russia took 2 weeks to hit the UK. RM took 1 day to post to my address. All my post has always traveled smoothly out of the country as well?

As for the OP's parcel ending up in China, that's a proper ball-ache

Ha ha! Errr, no.
    What harm can it do?

What harm can it do?
    Suppose; RN142458302GB

Fill yer boots!

Suppose; RN142458302GB

Fill yer boots!
    Sorry to say that China Post recognise your package:

Parcel No.RN142458302GB tracking result
    2016-04-12 09:46:17.0 Beijing Transit Station import customs scan
    2016-04-12 17:13:57.0 Beijing Transit Station import customs cleared (domestic transit )

I was hoping that is was a RM software hiccup.

Sorry to say that China Post recognise your package:

Parcel No.RN142458302GB tracking result
    2016-04-12 09:46:17.0 Beijing Transit Station import customs scan
    2016-04-12 17:13:57.0 Beijing Transit Station import customs cleared (domestic transit )

I was hoping that is was a RM software hiccup.

Ooops !

Master
    I'll track it 1st thing tomorrow - what was the destination?

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I'll track it 1st thing tomorrow - what was the destination?
    Thanks Paul, the destination was Roland Kemmner in Germany.

Just spoken to RM who couldn't give a monkey's.

"They will return it to the right destination.....sometime in the next few days......it might show on the tracking but might not........we have to leave it 20 days before we can do anything else"

Wow.

It's been scanned again in China, but the translation doesn't tell us much:

12.04.2016 09:46
    Arrived at postal office
    Beijing International Place Of Exchange 10010200
    12.04.2016 17:13
    Left postal office
    13.04.2016 09:22
    Arrived at postal office

Master
    Seriously thou, this RMSD is not that reliable anymore... I've posted a watch this morning and just tried to track it now and it says We couldn't find any result. Totally unacceptable specially that it's not going out of UK...

Master
    [QUOTE=Onelasttime;3935450]I've sent loads of watches to Germany, so whoever told you that is misinformed. But, Royal Mail international tracked and signed-for will only insure up to £250 so you'll need a third party insurer such as Parcel Pro, or use a courier that does insure watches.

I thought He was until He showed Me the printed documents stating that Germany doesn't accept Jewellery including watches and Cash money. I even ask the other staff to double check and He himself was shock when His been told by His co-worker and showed Him the documents.

[QUOTE=mjoranga;3936490]
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I've sent loads of watches to Germany, so whoever told you that is misinformed. But, Royal Mail international tracked and signed-for will only insure up to £250 so you'll need a third party insurer such as Parcel Pro, or use a courier that does insure watches.

I thought He was until He showed Me the printed documents stating that Germany doesn't accept Jewellery including watches and Cash money. I even ask the other staff to double check and He himself was shock when His been told by His co-worker and showed Him the documents.
    Who is He?
    Just a postal worker or some one above him? Way way above?
    Was He wearing a Rolex as is speculated?

Master
    [QUOTE=RAJEN;3936497]

Who is He?
    Just a postal worker or some one above him? Way way above?
    Was He wearing a Rolex as is speculated?
    No Idea Mate, I end up using FedEx...

Seriously thou, this RMSD is not that reliable anymore... I've posted a watch this morning and just tried to track it now and it says We couldn't find any result. Totally unacceptable specially that it's not going out of UK...
    I have sent a few things and received a few and had no problems with the track and trace. I am expecting a watch tomorrow and just checked the system and it is currently on it's way north. You obviously have to wait a certain amount of time after the item has been sent before you see anything.

One improvement that would suit me, when they say out for delivery I wish they would state in van or with postman. The van comes at anytime, the postman arrives at about 12:58.

No Idea Mate, I end up using FedEx...
    And how did that work out, sending to a country that doesn't accept watches?
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 13th April 2016 at 23:12.

Master
    I didn't mentioned what's in it...

I didn't mentioned what's in it...
    So it wasn't insured then?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I have sent a few things and received a few and had no problems with the track and trace. I am expecting a watch tomorrow and just checked the system and it is currently on it's way north. You obviously have to wait a certain amount of time after the item has been sent before you see anything.

One improvement that would suit me, when they say out for delivery I wish they would state in van or with postman. The van comes at anytime, the postman arrives at about 12:58.
    Well I posted 2 items this morning both RMSD and the other tracking number is active and on its way.

This tracking that doesn't work happened to Me probably for the 3rd time now and will only find out later that it's been delivered... My point is, we're paying for an Item delivery that can be track and at times it's useless...

Journeyman
    Best to come clean and tell them the contents and make fully insured, no probs then

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
    Best to come clean and tell them the contents and make fully insured, no probs then
    That's exactly what I did with Royal Mail and Parcel force and was told that it's not allowed... If I find time to visit Post office, I'll ask for that information and probably share it here...

Because of that, I'll never plan to ship watches to Germany anymore... 1 time lucky and that's it for Me... Item came arrive next day with FedEx and that's what matters.... Customer was happy and I was relieved.

That's exactly what I did with Royal Mail and Parcel force and was told that it's not allowed... If I find time to visit Post office, I'll ask for that information and probably share it here...

Because of that, I'll never plan to ship watches to Germany anymore... 1 time lucky and that's it for Me... Item came arrive next day with FedEx and that's what matters.... Customer was happy and I was relieved.
    Just to put your mind at rest about sending watches to Germany, here is Royal Mail's list of prohibited products not permitted in the mail under any circumstances:

Lithium batteries and equipment containing lithium batteries
    All live animals, except bees, leeches, silkworms, parasites and destroyers of noxious insects intended for the control of those insects and exchanged between officially recognized institutions, flies of the family Drosophilidae for biomedical research exchanged between officially recognized institutions.
    Meat and edible meat offal
    Flesh of dogs, cats, foxes, badgers and monkeys.
    Vegetable products:
    Live trees and other plants; bulbs, roots and the like; cut flowers and ornamental foliage
    Live or dead plants conveyed via EMS.
    Lac; gums, resins and other vegetable saps and extracts
    Cannabis resin.
    Opium
    Prepared foodstuffs; beverages, spirits and vinegar; tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes
    Preparations of meat, of fish or of crustaceans, molluscs or other aquatic invertebrates
    Preparations of any kind containing methyl alcohol.
    Meat prepared from horses and other solipeds, except from their small intestines.
    Beverages, spirits and vinegar
    Absinth and similar products as well as the raw materials intended for the manufacture of such beverages (essences and extracts), liquids with an alcohol content of 82° and above.
    Mineral products
    Salt; sulphur; earths and stone; plastering materials; lime and cement
    Earth from non-European countries and containing parts of plants or humus, except for peat.
    Ores, slag and ash
    Uranium ores.
    Thorium ores.
    Products of the chemical or allied industries
    Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals, of radioactive elements or of isotopes
    Gas or inflammable gaseous compounds; gases which are readily inflammable on contact with water.
    Spontaneously inflammable materials, such as materials with a flash-point below 21°C.
    Poisonous substances:
    Considered to be poisonous substances are those which, under existing legislation and decrees, must be marked as such. Corrosive substances.
    Acids, bases, lachrymogenic products and metal salts and corrosives as well as slightly volatile sulphur compounds.
    White or yellow phosphorus.
    Radioactive substances, which under the internal anti-radiation legislation (Strahlenschutzverordnung) of the Federal Republic of Germany require a special transport licence. For their dispatch by air, the current IATA provisions must also be observed.
    Organic chemicals:
    DDT and products to which DDT has been added.
    Liquids with an alcohol content of 82% and above.
    Anaesthetics.
    Pharmaceutical products
    Preparations of any kind containing methyl alcohol. Parts of ungulate animals not for human consumption. Anaesthetics.
    Certain noxious viruses.
    Explosives; pyrotechnic products; matches; pyrophoric alloys; certain combustible preparations
    Photographic or cinematographic products
    Spontaneously inflammable materials, readily inflammable materials, such as materials with a flashpoint below 21°C, liquids with an alcohol content of 82% or above; explosive and inflammable materials and articles loaded with explosive materials.
    Propellant powders.
    Prepared explosives other than propellant powders.
    Igniting devices of any kind.
    Firework components of any kind.
    Matches manufactured using white or yellow phosphorus.
    Photographic plates, negatives, etc which can be used to counterfeit coins and documents and to produce printed papers and reproductions resembling bank notes.See prohibited articles in Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans below
    Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal; cork and articles of cork; manufactures of straw, of esparto or of other plaiting materials; basketware and wickerwork
    Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal
    Dry vine wood.
    Used vine poles.
    Used hives without bees.
    Pulp of wood or of other fibrous cellulose material; waste and scrap of paper or paperboard; paper and paperboard and articles thereof
    Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
    Printed papers and reproductions resembling bank notes.
    Articles contrary to the Constitution, means of propaganda and sabotage.
    Publications, sound or visual media, illustrations or representations which incite to wars of aggression, means of propaganda contrary to the Constitution, badges of organisations contrary to the Constitution, defamation of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, of the State and its symbols and of the constitutional bodies, propaganda intended to cause unrest in the Bundeswehr (Federal army). Glorification of violence, incitement to racial hatred, endangering of young people.
    Publications, sound or visual media, etc, which describe violence against human beings in a cruel and inhuman manner and which thereby glorify or underrate such violence or which incite to racial hatred, insofar as they are intended not only for the personal use of the addressee, or for retail or mail order sale; other publications which are obviously likely seriously to endanger the morals of children and minors or which have been placed on the list of publications which are a moral danger to young people, by retail or mail order sale.
    Pornographic publications, sound and visual media, etc, insofar as they violate criminal provisions and are intended not only for the personal use of the addressee, or for retail or mail order sale.
    Items bearing political or religious inscriptions on the address side.
    Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metals clad with precious metal and articles thereof; imitation jewellery; coin
    Coins, medals. Coins withdrawn from circulation or which have become valueless as a means of payment or which were counterfeited or faked in 1850 or later. Medals counterfeited or faked in 1850 or later.
    Base metals and articles of base metal
    Aluminium and articles thereof
    Aluminium powder or dust.
    Zinc and articles thereof
    Zinc powder or dust.
    Other base metals; cermets; articles thereof
    Magnesium powder or dust.
    Machinery and mechanical appliances; electrical equipment; parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles
    Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof
    Plates, moulds, blocks or negatives which can be used to counterfeit coins and documents and to produce printed papers and reproductions resembling bank notes.
    Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers; television image and sound recorders and reproducers and parts and accessories of such articles. See prohibited articles in Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
    Arms and ammunition; parts and accessories thereof
    Firearms or similar items; small arms, automatic-loading firearms, firing devices, sharp or thrusting weapons; essential parts of firearms; warning weapons and weapons containing irritants, infra-red sighting units, flick knives, knives with retractable blades; steel rods, coshes or knuckle-dusters;
    ammunition, projectiles containing narcotics or tear gases and irritants.
    Toys, games and sports requisites; parts and accessories thereof
    Toy weapons the importation of which is excluded under arms legislation.
    Video games.
    See prohibited articles in Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
    Works of art, collectors' pieces and antiques
    Money / legal tender
    Coins, medals, also see prohibited articles in Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans and Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metals clad with precious metal and articles thereof; imitation jewellery; coin

I can't see 'watches' on there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Just to put your mind at rest about sending watches to Germany, here is Royal Mail's list of prohibited products not permitted in the mail under any circumstances:

Lithium batteries and equipment containing lithium batteries
    All live animals, except bees, leeches, silkworms, parasites and destroyers of noxious insects intended for the control of those insects and exchanged between officially recognized institutions, flies of the family Drosophilidae for biomedical research exchanged between officially recognized institutions.
    Meat and edible meat offal
    Flesh of dogs, cats, foxes, badgers and monkeys.
    Vegetable products:
    Live trees and other plants; bulbs, roots and the like; cut flowers and ornamental foliage
    Live or dead plants conveyed via EMS.
    Lac; gums, resins and other vegetable saps and extracts
    Cannabis resin.
    Opium
    Prepared foodstuffs; beverages, spirits and vinegar; tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes
    Preparations of meat, of fish or of crustaceans, molluscs or other aquatic invertebrates
    Preparations of any kind containing methyl alcohol.
    Meat prepared from horses and other solipeds, except from their small intestines.
    Beverages, spirits and vinegar
    Absinth and similar products as well as the raw materials intended for the manufacture of such beverages (essences and extracts), liquids with an alcohol content of 82° and above.
    Mineral products
    Salt; sulphur; earths and stone; plastering materials; lime and cement
    Earth from non-European countries and containing parts of plants or humus, except for peat.
    Ores, slag and ash
    Uranium ores.
    Thorium ores.
    Products of the chemical or allied industries
    Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals, of radioactive elements or of isotopes
    Gas or inflammable gaseous compounds; gases which are readily inflammable on contact with water.
    Spontaneously inflammable materials, such as materials with a flash-point below 21°C.
    Poisonous substances:
    Considered to be poisonous substances are those which, under existing legislation and decrees, must be marked as such. Corrosive substances.
    Acids, bases, lachrymogenic products and metal salts and corrosives as well as slightly volatile sulphur compounds.
    White or yellow phosphorus.
    Radioactive substances, which under the internal anti-radiation legislation (Strahlenschutzverordnung) of the Federal Republic of Germany require a special transport licence. For their dispatch by air, the current IATA provisions must also be observed.
    Organic chemicals:
    DDT and products to which DDT has been added.
    Liquids with an alcohol content of 82% and above.
    Anaesthetics.
    Pharmaceutical products
    Preparations of any kind containing methyl alcohol. Parts of ungulate animals not for human consumption. Anaesthetics.
    Certain noxious viruses.
    Explosives; pyrotechnic products; matches; pyrophoric alloys; certain combustible preparations
    Photographic or cinematographic products
    Spontaneously inflammable materials, readily inflammable materials, such as materials with a flashpoint below 21°C, liquids with an alcohol content of 82% or above; explosive and inflammable materials and articles loaded with explosive materials.
    Propellant powders.
    Prepared explosives other than propellant powders.
    Igniting devices of any kind.
    Firework components of any kind.
    Matches manufactured using white or yellow phosphorus.
    Photographic plates, negatives, etc which can be used to counterfeit coins and documents and to produce printed papers and reproductions resembling bank notes.See prohibited articles in Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans below
    Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal; cork and articles of cork; manufactures of straw, of esparto or of other plaiting materials; basketware and wickerwork
    Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal
    Dry vine wood.
    Used vine poles.
    Used hives without bees.
    Pulp of wood or of other fibrous cellulose material; waste and scrap of paper or paperboard; paper and paperboard and articles thereof
    Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
    Printed papers and reproductions resembling bank notes.
    Articles contrary to the Constitution, means of propaganda and sabotage.
    Publications, sound or visual media, illustrations or representations which incite to wars of aggression, means of propaganda contrary to the Constitution, badges of organisations contrary to the Constitution, defamation of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, of the State and its symbols and of the constitutional bodies, propaganda intended to cause unrest in the Bundeswehr (Federal army). Glorification of violence, incitement to racial hatred, endangering of young people.
    Publications, sound or visual media, etc, which describe violence against human beings in a cruel and inhuman manner and which thereby glorify or underrate such violence or which incite to racial hatred, insofar as they are intended not only for the personal use of the addressee, or for retail or mail order sale; other publications which are obviously likely seriously to endanger the morals of children and minors or which have been placed on the list of publications which are a moral danger to young people, by retail or mail order sale.
    Pornographic publications, sound and visual media, etc, insofar as they violate criminal provisions and are intended not only for the personal use of the addressee, or for retail or mail order sale.
    Items bearing political or religious inscriptions on the address side.
    Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metals clad with precious metal and articles thereof; imitation jewellery; coin
    Coins, medals. Coins withdrawn from circulation or which have become valueless as a means of payment or which were counterfeited or faked in 1850 or later. Medals counterfeited or faked in 1850 or later.
    Base metals and articles of base metal
    Aluminium and articles thereof
    Aluminium powder or dust.
    Zinc and articles thereof
    Zinc powder or dust.
    Other base metals; cermets; articles thereof
    Magnesium powder or dust.
    Machinery and mechanical appliances; electrical equipment; parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles
    Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof
    Plates, moulds, blocks or negatives which can be used to counterfeit coins and documents and to produce printed papers and reproductions resembling bank notes.
    Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers; television image and sound recorders and reproducers and parts and accessories of such articles. See prohibited articles in Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
    Arms and ammunition; parts and accessories thereof
    Firearms or similar items; small arms, automatic-loading firearms, firing devices, sharp or thrusting weapons; essential parts of firearms; warning weapons and weapons containing irritants, infra-red sighting units, flick knives, knives with retractable blades; steel rods, coshes or knuckle-dusters;
    ammunition, projectiles containing narcotics or tear gases and irritants.
    Toys, games and sports requisites; parts and accessories thereof
    Toy weapons the importation of which is excluded under arms legislation.
    Video games.
    See prohibited articles in Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
    Works of art, collectors' pieces and antiques
    Money / legal tender
    Coins, medals, also see prohibited articles in Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans and Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metals clad with precious metal and articles thereof; imitation jewellery; coin

I can't see 'watches' on there.
    Thanks Mate... but it's not about Royal Mail list but Germany itself... So for Royal mail it's fine but once it reaches Germany and they find out about it. They will not allow it and no idea what will happen next.

Thanks Mate... but it's not about Royal Mail list but Germany itself... So for Royal mail it's fine but once it reaches Germany and they find out about it. They will not allow it and no idea what will happen next.
    The list is of items that Germany prohibits, not Royal Mail. It doesn't mention watches.