closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap help please

Apprentice

Strap help please

Well, after securing the Constellation earlier in the week my thoughts have turned to a suitable strap for it, does anyone know what the OEM strap would have been in 1966 ?
    With regards to aftermarket straps does anyone have any recommendations for brown 'soft' leather straps and also are there any decent 'bricks and mortar' stores that stock a range of straps in London ?

The watch in question, and I'm loving it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I don't know what the original strap would be but if you're after soft but still very classic you can't really go wrong with horween shell cordovan.

I find that older, smaller dress watches feel more modern and substantial on thicker leather straps. Steveo and Pavstraps would be a good starting point. I'd definitely recommend going to one of the custom strap makers.

Based on the assumption your Omega has 18mm lugs...

There are endless options when it comes to aftermarket options, including ones that will match offerings from Omega in quality at a cheaper price.

However, if you're looking for a genuine Omega strap, Cousins have something suitable for you. It's a brown calf, suitably vintage, and you could match it with the Omega 94511601 Buckle that Cousins also sell. Details of the strap below:

Code: X8558C

Quantity UoM Unit price
    1 or more EACH £51.94

• Omega 0321205BR18
    • Supplied without buckle

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Based on the assumption your Omega has 18mm lugs...

There are endless options when it comes to aftermarket options, including ones that will match offerings from Omega in quality at a cheaper price.

However, if you're looking for a genuine Omega strap, Cousins have something suitable for you. It's a brown calf, suitably vintage, and you could match it with the Omega 94511601 Buckle that Cousins also sell. Details of the strap below:
    Thanks for that, I seem to get a price of £39.95 with that part number (X8558C) maybe I'll give them a call.

I'd also suggest a look at the Omega Style straps from Cousins. They're a bargain.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/pr...le?code=S31139

Apprentice
    Aligators from Cousins are excellent quality straps. I have one since 2014 and it still looks as new.

Alsal watches in the Strand had a pretty good selection to look at when I was in there a couple of weeks ago.

Lovely watch by the way.

I wouldn't go to Alsal for straps though they are excellent for servicing and not at all expensive in London terms.

The best for straps in London is Jean Rousseau which is in an arcade off Jermyn Street. They will do bespoke and that is state of the art. .

For pret a porter, Kwanpen which is near Bond Street.

What sizes are the Cousins straps please i.e. length of the short and long end?

Most suppliers give the measurements e.g. 115mm 75mm but I've never found any info on the Cousins website and their policy of no returns and no consumer rights puts me off asking them in case they give the wrong info and burn me later. I have bought a Longines buckle off them but on that occasion, knew what I was buying.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AKM; 13th July 2016 at 19:21.

I'll measure mine in the morning - I have both 18mm and 20mm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by POGraham View Post
    Well, after securing the Constellation earlier in the week my thoughts have turned to a suitable strap for it, does anyone know what the OEM strap would have been in 1966 ?
    With regards to aftermarket straps does anyone have any recommendations for brown 'soft' leather straps and also are there any decent 'bricks and mortar' stores that stock a range of straps in London ?

The watch in question, and I'm loving it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's wrong with the strap it's on? The watch itself and the combination are beautiful.
    Last edited by Tinker; 13th July 2016 at 19:57.

Master

click image upload

Hopefully an image of same model with a Hirsch Blue - from watchobsession

Master
    The Blue looks smashing in real life. I got bored with it on a brown strap for some reason but the one on your watch does look the business

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    What sizes are the Cousins straps please i.e. length of the short and long end?
    Apologies for the delay. I've measured an 18mm and a 20mm Omega-style strap and an 18mm Bellini alligator and they are all 115/75.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - that is really helpful.

I have an Eterna 1948 Grand Date that I've intended to get a new black strap for but have been put off by the soaring prices of premium straps.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk