closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incursore 46mm too big for 7" wrist?

Apprentice

Incursore 46mm too big for 7" wrist?

Hello all. Considering buying this Glycine model after seeing a good offer, but with no local dealers to try one on in the flesh, am worried it'll be too big on my 7" wrist. I do wear a black monster which looks fine, but I have no idea if the Incursore would fit any better despite being bigger (slimmer?)
    Cheers guys!

There isn't really a too big too small issue as it's the individual wearing it that needs to decide..

I have just bought a 38/39mm Glycine Airman which is relatively small by today's standards, it looks fantastic on my 7" wrist but so does my Kemmner Flieger at 45mm and I have others in between, I just wear what takes my eye that day and enjoy it...

46mm / 7inch wrist? Not a good idea, IMO.

Master
    That'd look too big on my thigh.

Apprentice
    Thanks guys, advice appreciated. I still might give this a punt as it appears I can send the watch back under the 14 days return policy.
    Maybe a Combat sub is a safer bet...

Apprentice
    As for me with the thinner wrist,the watch size is really too big to me.

Incursore 46mm too big for 7" wrist?

I wear a 46 mm Breitling and it looks fine on a 7.5" wrist.
    I would look at how long the lugs are and whether you have a flat or round wrist.

You can always trace the dimensions on a piece of paper and lay it on your wrist but don't forget to factor in case thickness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I wear a 46 mm Breitling and it looks fine on a 7.5" wrist.
    I would look at how long the lugs are and whether you have a flat or round wrist.
    With respect isn't it all a matter of opinion, someone else may look at your watch on your wrist and think it looks ridiculous, what matters is only really what the owner / wearer thinks.

Love your username!

It also depends on your wrist shape, I have small wrists (6.75") but they are flat like a rectangle so bigger watches don't look ridiculous. If you can return it - go for it. Or you can keep it and in a bit sell it on.

Master
    A very nice lady told me at Selfridges it's down to the length of your fingers. We were talking watches by the way. This means you can have skinnier wrists but if you've got longer / bigger hands a big dial watch will work. If you've got smaller digits / hands get a smaller dial. It does work in my opinion. That's why big dial watches on woman can also look fine.
    Best to try on if you can as lugs play a big part. You may immediately feel at home with the watch or it might not feel right. My example would be I tried on a black bay perfect then tried on the Northface and it just didn't fit right.

As the search function shows there have been a fair few discussions centred around watch sizes, seriously what people buy and wear is their choice, I live in a country with a population of around 65 million people, I have yet to see anyone wearing a watch of 44mm+ that I thought looked good, just a matter of opinion.
    Personally 42mm is the largest watch I will wear.
    Last edited by number2; 9th April 2016 at 09:06.

Personally, 46mm on a 7 inch wrist is comedy big. Since you asked.