closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Eventually Good Service

Eventually Good Service

I purchased a Black Bay Red in Dec 2013 with the leather strap, very much enjoyed it but in the hot sweaty summer months needed to swap the strap so it didn't rot. Anyway as a right hander who wears my watch on the right I have on occasion bumped a watch. Well some time last year while shutting the boot of my car I managed in some contorted way to bash the bezel on the 9 o'clock side. The bump was bad enough to put a flat on both the steel coin edge and the red insert. I was a bit pissed off at the time. Forward to Nov/Dec and while messing around with some macro shots I noticed that the seconds hand was marking the minute hand so clearly something needed to be done.

I took the watch to my local AD who while they didn't supply the watch agreed to send it for service - something that later turns out they were not obliged to do. (news to me)

This was 30th Dec. Time passed and I got a call to say my watch was back, eagerly I went to collect it onlt to see that while the hands had been changed and the movement was serviced the bezel still looked damaged. Not happy and expressed myself to the AD - yes I want to send it back again.

Today I got the call to collect again - virtually a new watch - new complete bezel to add to the new hands. And I also asked for them to supply a steel bracelet so now I have leather/steel and nato options .

The good bit is I only paid for the bracelet and the shipping all the other work was done at no charge -Thank you Mr Rolex/Tudor.
    Interestingly for those discussing the closeness of the connection between Rolex and Tudor all the emails about this came from the Rolex service center in Switzerland.

Am I right in thinking that the bracelet they've supplied is the one introduced for the new edition of the Black Bay and wasn't an option on your model?

No the original style for this model number - they would not supply the new rivet style bracelet as mine is a 2013 model and they have just changed the model number for the 2016 issue

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    No the original style for this model number - they would not supply the new rivet style bracelet as mine is a 2013 model and they have just changed the model number for the 2016 issue
    Ah I'm getting confused by that retro bracelet that was also available. The one without endlinks.

Nah just regular but I'm happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Interestingly for those discussing the closeness of the connection between Rolex and Tudor all the emails about this came from the Rolex service center in Switzerland.
    That is interesting to know.

Apprentice
    Nah just regular but I'm happy

I don't think Nah is just regular, It is in decent-looking. very nice piece suitable for your wrist

Thanks. Fits well and with a new bracelet feels like I have a new watch - I suppose not seeing it for 3 months helps that too

Impressive service if as I understand correctly they replaced the bezel which you damaged free of charge.

Yes the whole bezel including the red insert and the hands .
    All free of charge on a watch that was out of its 2 yr warranty by a month and was not faulty just damaged by me.

I don't actually want them but would the old parts usually be returned by Rolex? Just for future reference .

Thanks. Fits well and with a new bracelet feels like I have a new watch - I suppose not seeing it for 3 months helps that too

If you started wearing your watch on the left wrist like a sensible boy, would all your watches feel like new watches?

Actually, I've just compared my right wrist to my left wrist - don't do it, none of the bracelets will fit. In fact if the difference is much as between mine, half the watches won't fit neither.

DerAmf #1 son let slip that when they return from travels there may be something to go on my left wrist too - bit conflicted as I'm like the item in question but not going to replace my watch with it , but you then have the whole double wrist thing going on.
    Time for a new thread .....

Master

I don't actually want them but would the old parts usually be returned by Rolex? Just for future reference .

Great service by Tudor there.

Re getting old parts back: I've received old parts back with almost every watch that I've had serviced but they are generally parts that you can't see, internal parts. My 20 year Breitling Colt had new hands last time and I didn't get the old ones back. So maybe the policy is to not return parts where it will be obvious to the owner that they've been exchanged.

Thread title sounds like a computer science paper...

No experience myself but my understanding is that Rolex don't return parts, to keep them out of the grey/fake market.

No, like other brands such as Patek Philippe, which I have had experience of, you will not get the parts back.

I believe that one of their concerns, is that the parts can then be sold on.

Craftsman
    I wonder what their internal security is like, whether staff are searched or screened in case they sneak these old parts out.

The price for new parts is on an exchange basis. You can get the parts back but it will cost.