closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Price Guideline Advice

Master

Watch Price Guideline Advice

HI Folks , you might be able to give me some help or possibly just a guide as to the Value of a watch I am looking at in a local Jewelers ..

I had in the past (3 years ago) in the Americas Cup version, which I ended up selling due to a mix of needing to raise cash and buy something else that caught my eye on the sales corner . Typical Watch Flipping ...LOL

The watch in question is a Seamaster titanium Chrono, it comes with Box/watch and full links, including the half link for better fit..
    The watch was serviced and it has a 2 year warranty from the local shop ( NON AD)
    Condition wise the bracelet is free of marks or dinks , but the chapter ring does have a few faint marks that I assume could be buffed out..
    other than that it is in great condition, but could with a good cleaning as it has the normal Titanium fade, but nothing a good clean couldn't sort out..
    The picture below is from the internet and not the actual watch for sale, but it is the very same model..

SO.... the local shop is looking for about €1850, how do you think this price is ....Is it Normal/High, or a bit of a bargain ?
    Any advice here would be greatly appreciated..

Joe
    Last edited by techireland2000; 5th April 2016 at 20:32.

Master
    Quick bump on this question...

Master
    The last two America's Cups through SC sold for approximately the same price as this. So you'd be getting a regular version from a dealer for the same price as an America's Cup goes on SC. Sounds fair to me? Chrono 24 have an AC version at £2k and Watchfinder have one at £2.5k.

Craftsman
    Theres a SS version on watchfinder going for £2650 being 12years old. I prefer the titanium finish as it dulls personally and think given the euro difference and warranty/service being completed its a good dealhowever others may disagree.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchaddict View Post
    Theres a SS version on watchfinder going for £2650 being 12years old. I prefer the titanium finish as it dulls personally and think given the euro difference and warranty/service being completed its a good dealhowever others may disagree.
    Yeah, I am kinda of the same opinion as yourself..
    Might make a safe enough bet though judging on current prices in the market if I do decide to flip .... Might take a chance on this, I hope the worst is I might loose a small few Euro if it appears back on the Sc in the future ..

Joe