Hi!

I have this incoming and am very excited. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oberleutnant Gerhard Von Stachelsky was the commander of a WW1 German bi-plane bomber which was shot down by British air ace Gilbert Ware Murlis-Green on the night of December 18th 1917. This was first time a German plane was downed at night over Britain.

Von Stachelsky's plane [A Gotha bomber like the one below] crashed into the sea killing the pilot. He was rescued along with the rear gunner by an armed trawler. The trawler decided to winch the wreckage of the plane on board - but von Stachelsky had set a time delay bomb to destroy the plane and it went off and mortally wounded a sailor [Frank Gee aged 47] who died the next day.

The watch looks to be in original unmolested condition with possibly the original strap?? Vendor states that it has German silver hallmarks, so hopefully I will be able to date it to verify its authenticity. i have seen no pics of the movt but vendor says it works intermittently so hopefully it will just need a service.

Also included in the lot is this postcard - which may or may not have anything to do with the watch [i do not know why it comes with it] Can any German speakers possibly Pm me a translation??

The bad news is that it is an Xmas present from my wife [I pointed out what I wanted] and she has said I can look at it for for half an hour when it comes then she will confiscate it till Xmas day :cry: [Thanks Carole its better than socks!!]

Looking forward to this one arriving and taking some quick pics of the movt to share with you all.

Regards

Tim