closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you wear watches 24/7?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    What would you wear while riding a Gloucestershire Old Spot pig through a carwash?
    that was funny

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    A Rolex Sea-Dweller. Obviously. Why on earth do you feel the need to ask?
    Fool - Clearly the correct answer is an Audemar Piguet!

M.

Is this thread putting anyone else off buying another second hand watch, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Is this thread putting anyone else off buying another second hand watch, or is it just me?
    I'm certainly going to check this thread against sellers next time something on SC catches my fancy

M.

Master
    I have 3 possible scenarios, excluding removal for gym or other potentially damaging activities:

1. On bracelet and decent water resistance - wear 24/7
    2. On bracelet but insufficient water resistance - off for showers
    3. On strap and insufficient water resistance - off for sleeping and showers

Eeuw, there's some gruffty buggers on here. Some of your wrists must smell like a homeless man's armpit. At least your watches will smell of Radox though, which will might some way towards masking the putrid stench.

Master
    I never sleep with a watch on, not sure why anyone would want to?

Craftsman

Never..anymore

Used to wear 24/7 when it was a cheap casio.

Never wear a watch in the shower bath or bed, sometimes even take it off when watching the tv... sit it nicely on the coffee table where it catches my eye more...

like this

Last edited by 17bex; 30th March 2016 at 13:40.

Master
    24/7 unless I am going over the assault course or a log run.

Master
    Never wear a watch to bed. Sometimes wear one in the shower. Wear 1 or 2 each day depending on what I'm doing.

No, I take them off for artistic photographs, when I've sneaked off from the wife and kids on a family break.

I only wear mine during the day, and never in the shower. I have taken to wearing one of these sleep monitoring bands overnight which I've been doing since Christmas and that drives me up the wall when I wake up and can feel it constricting my arm having worked it's way up from the wrist so I have no idea how people manage 24/7.

bracelet and water resistance, 24/7. anything else off for shower and might not put back on till morning

Wear a watch all day but take them off for night-nights.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman

Cool

For the most part 24/7 with a rinse in morning shower then wipe down after shower before putting back until next shower.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    What would you wear while riding a Gloucestershire Old Spot pig through a carwash?
    Depends on whether it was a brushless car wash or not really?
    Brushless it would probably be the IWC GST 2000 - titanium is not going to be effected by the chemicals and it can certainly withstand the water pressure.

Regular brushed car wash, I'd go with the Casio Lineage as it is cheap as chips and tough as old boots.

I have no idea what watch the pig would choose.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Wear a watch all day but take them off for night-nights.
    Me too.

Yep 24/7.

Same here - have done for as long as I can remember

Journeyman
    I take it off at night

Apprentice
    24/7 apart from bath time

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    23.5/7 usually.
    I take it off and give it a clean before I shower. Once I'm dressed, back on again.

If I can't be bothered to give it a once over with a toothbrush and soap then I just leave it on and shower with it.

Craftsman
    I've worn my TAG beater 24/7 including all activities, wet or dry, since 1997. My other watches, I remove for the shower and only swim/dive with the TAG. I always sleep with a watch on, and if I wake at night, always feel the need to check the time on my wrist.

Generally wear 24/7. Remove for hot bath and if working on motorcycle or car (where can restrict reach). Also change if need to wear dress watch and then that might be removed for night.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wexford View Post
    I have no idea what watch the pig would choose.
    Why, a Porker (Porsche Design), of course. :-)

Mine gets worn throughout the day, only taking of for the bath then at night or if I am working on the car/playing football.
    I used to wear my Braun at night as it was very thin and light, I'd notice the Seamaster when trying to sleep while wearing it.
    I put it facing me on the bedside table, so I can longingly look at it as I drift off to sleep.....

Day to day, I find I'm lost if I forget to put my watch back on. It surprises me how much I check the time with the watch throughout the day, despite a largely based desk job with clocks on the PC, Desk Phone, Mobile etc.

Apprentice
    I wear mine all the time except for showering......picked up a few dings though, I'm going to have to look at them there G Shocks !

I did try 24/7 but it made the skin bad really and red. I think you need some air time for sure

Craftsman
    Tend not to wear anything but a smile in bed.

24/7 apart from when showering. I wear my G10 to bed, light and comfortable and the lume lasts through the night

yes, of course.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    I never sleep with a watch on, not sure why anyone would want to?
    Mere speculation on my part, correct me if I`m wrong, but I think it's to tell the time if they wake up in the middle of the night and to check the time in the morning.

Thinking about it, wearing a watch for a nominal 8hrs in bed introduces increases variability. If the watch is placed dial-up at the side of the bed it is spending 30% of it's time in a constant position, which helps it perform consistently. If it's worn inj bed,assuming the wearer moves around in the night thus placing his watch-wearing arm in various positions, the overall variability the watch is subjected to has increased. If the watch runs significantly faster or slower in the flat positions it's possible that wearing in bed improves the overall accuracy; completely randomising the positional orientation may prove beneficial..........or maybe I`m overthinking it

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 2nd April 2016 at 14:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Mere speculation on my part, correct me if I`m wrong, but I think it's to tell the time if they wake up in the middle of the night and to check the time in the morning.

Thinking about it, wearing a watch for a nominal 8hrs in bed introduces increases variability. If the watch is placed dial-up at the side of the bed it is spending 30% of it's time in a constant position, which helps it perform consistently. If it's worn inj bed,assuming the wearer moves around in the night thus placing his watch-wearing arm in various positions, the overall variability the watch is subjected to has increased. If the watch runs significantly faster or slower in the flat positions it's possible that wearing in bed improves the overall accuracy; completely randomising the positional orientation may prove beneficial..........or maybe I`m overthinking it
    I'm sure you are quite correct, but Yes, you are overthinking it!!!

Apprentice
    Rarely sleep with a watch on and sometimes will take it off when I get home as it feels like a part of my working day

Just the one.

Craftsman
    I normally remove my watch as I go to bed, then put it back on only as I leave the house the next day, if I`m off to work/gym/gardening/motorbiking etc, the watch stays on the wrist.

I wear a watch at all times, other than when in the shower/bath or in bed. The only exception to this is that I do tend to wear a watch to bed when staying somewhere other than at home.

Always have.

Master
    When I only had my Breitling Colt I used to wear it 24/7, never used to take it off. Bed, showers, work, rest, play (including going to the sauna) it was on my wrist all of the time.

Now I have a small collection with a variety of case thicknesses and bracelets / straps I have to take it off at night, regardless of what it is. Not sure why but i just don't like wearing a watch to bed anymore.

I have just started wearing a watch to bed. Not only do I look and feel cooler, but, since the DAB alarm radio is now too far away, I can also determine whether to tell the kids to go back to sleep.

Nothing like the white noise of the PRS-82 under the pillow.