closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseljing 2016

I doubt I値l go again, unless with a group with arranged meetings with a number of brands.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Above is my post about a visit to Baselworld 2016. Is anyone going this year ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Yes I知 going this year for the first time. My wife bought the trip as a surprise for my 40th birthday last month. I知 looking forward to seeing the watches but also seeing a bit of Switzerland too
    Dan

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DANH View Post
    Yes I知 going this year for the first time. My wife bought the trip as a surprise for my 40th birthday last month. I知 looking forward to seeing the watches but also seeing a bit of Switzerland too
    Dan
    How thoughtful ! I do hope you come back and say how you found it.
    Loads to see in CH. The Automata Museum in Neuchatel is pretty amazing. Live automata 1st Sunday of the month.
    Vallee Joux has lots of new watch factories under construction and Morteau, just over the border from La Chaux de Fonds, has a great museum too and lovely restaurants. Bon Voyages.

Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 5th February 2020 at 23:37.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DANH View Post
    Dan
    If you're driving around I recommend going up to Fleurier Valley and having a look. Some nice viewing areas and restaurants, also a local winery that makes Swiss "champagne", and the home of Absinthe, the original, which is a bit like Ouzo/Raki if you fancy that.

Journeyman
    Surprised no on has mentioned Swatch Group cancelling their replacement event owing to the Coronavirus. The cynical part of me wonders if (some of) their motives were also to further pressure and to kill off Baselword.

How thoughtful ! I do hope you come back and say how you found it.
    Loads to see in CH. The Automata Museum in Neuchatel is pretty amazing. Live automata 1st Sunday of the month.
    Vallee Joux has lots of new watch factories under construction and Morteau, just over the border from La Chaux de Fonds, has a great museum too and lovely restaurants. Bon Voyages.

Brendan and 744ER, Thanks for the top tips I値l be sure to report back
    Dan

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
    Surprised no on has mentioned Swatch Group cancelling their replacement event owing to the Coronavirus. The cynical part of me wonders if (some of) their motives were also to further pressure and to kill off Baselword.
    It's also a fantastic excuse to save money on marketing etc since SG are very heavily invested in "China" brands who will do poorly the next few quarters.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    I didn't know about this cancellation. Can you clarify please ?

Journeyman
    I didn't know about this cancellation. Can you clarify please ?

Sure, saw it first here...

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/swatch-...navirus-fears/

Banned
    Thank you.

Journeyman
    Bulgari out of Baselworld, citing the Coronavirus as the reason.

Banned
    Bulgari out of Baselworld, citing the Coronavirus as the reason.
    And apparently the Geneva Motor Show is now in question.

Journeyman
    And apparently the Geneva Motor Show is now in question.

Take a look at Mobile World Congress; this will be a really slack year for trade shows.

Banned
    The coronavirus is in Switzerland now too !
    That rather distorts my plans !

Banned
    At least 600 coronavirus victims and three deaths so far tonight in Switzerland. Italian daily workers are still being allowed to cross the border on Monday morning. Apparently the Swiss have only tested a couple of thousand people so far.

Banned
    Many Swiss watch factories have closed, with staff who can, now working from home.
    I spoke with a pal at Longines this morning who told me there are some shortages in the supermarkets and schools and other communal centres also closing.
    My personal view is that some staff won't return to work afterwards, due to sharp cutting back in this industry.