closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Does anyone have any info on this Rotary?

Does anyone have any info on this Rotary?

I know Rotary are now owned by a Chinese outfit and probably not high on peoples wants list but...

...I was given this when I got a 2nd hand winder (I think they might have been sold together).
    It wasn't working at the time so I spent a few pennies and got it ticking.
    It's not the best timekeeper and I was thinking of getting rid of it.
    The grey/charcoal sunburst I find difficult to see the time, it's quite dark but also reflective.
    My wife however, pointed out I don't have square/rectangular watches and might make a different evening/dress watch.

The case is rather scratched but I was hoping a Cape Cod cloth might help get the worse out.
    Any other advice on cleaning up the case welcome.

I'd like to see if I can get any info with it saying limited edition (334/500).
    I did ask at local Rotary stockist. However, as they're just box shifters didn't have much joy.
    I also had a look on the Rotary website, again didn't find anything useful.

So, can anyone help?

Pictures of what I'm talking about...

Lug width is 22mm

...and the back...

text on the rotor is "Twenty Five 25 Jewels Swiss Made"

...scratches...

...and more scratches...

...and more scratches...

The leather strap had seen better days so got binned but I retained the signed buckle.
    Any questions, just ask.
    Thanks in anticipation .

Master
    Hard to tell as the pictures look like they were taken by a buffoon, but this appears to be the same watch:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Lim...IAAOSwq7JT4S-I

I can't imagine it's really worth that asking price to be honest. Gives you a very vague idea of the kind of finish you should be aiming for on the case at least though if you go down the path of trying to tidy it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Hard to tell as the pictures look like they were taken by a buffoon, but this appears to be the same watch:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Lim...IAAOSwq7JT4S-I

I can't imagine it's really worth that asking price to be honest. Gives you a very vague idea of the kind of finish you should be aiming for on the case at least though if you go down the path of trying to tidy it up a bit.
    Thanks for that.
    It does look the same as that's the winder that was with it. Suspect one of the buy watch get winder free offers.
    Certainly imo not a £500 watch.

I thought I was bad at taking photos.
    Good way to hide any flaws though.

Any other info welcome.
    Plus what would be the best (or easiest) way to tidy up the case?