closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is there a way to restore the paperwork for an omega?

Is there a way to restore the paperwork for an omega?

Hi, I have a Seamaster Chronograph, bought from a legitimate source but with no paperwork. I'm going to get it serviced soon so is there any way for me to get the paperwork restored or the watch legitimised. If it goes to Basel can they provide replacement paperwork?

Thanks, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    Hi, I have a Seamaster Chronograph, bought from a legitimate source but with no paperwork. I'm going to get it serviced soon so is there any way for me to get the paperwork restored or the watch legitimised. If it goes to Basel can they provide replacement paperwork?

Thanks, Rob.
    I don't think they will.

If you pay the extortionate price for an Omega service you will get some sort of paperwork that will will help legitimise your watch, or alternatively ask for a printed extract of the records but that will cost a fair bit also.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    I did this once, a few years ago. If you ring Swatch Group UK (and ask for Omega) they are the people to ask, they sent me a new warranty card(£50), pictograms card(£25) and hangtag(£15) all serial numbered up like new. You don't get the third chronometer card anymore, just an extra pictogram on the pictogram card, this was correct as of 2012 I think it was, may be different now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trainspanner View Post
    I did this once, a few years ago. If you ring Swatch Group UK (and ask for Omega) they are the people to ask, they sent me a new warranty card(£50), pictograms card(£25) and hangtag(£15) all serial numbered up like new. You don't get the third chronometer card anymore, just an extra pictogram on the pictogram card, this was correct as of 2012 I think it was, may be different now.
    What about a new box? SWMBO threw mine away in a tidy up session - I didn't know until a year later.... not chuffed I can tell you!

Master
    Before 50 of us jam the Swatch switchboard, can anyone confirm that they are still likely to offer this? I seem to recall that this service may have been withdrawn. Or possibly just quadrupled in price to discourage uptake.

Craftsman
    Yea they do(did) boxes too, no idea of price because it wasn't what I needed, im sure they are cheaper on ebay though...

Master
    Yea they do(did) boxes too, no idea of price because it wasn't what I needed, im sure they are cheaper on ebay though...
    I guess they need the serial number of the watch and some other details before they'll just hand it across. How do they know you have the genuine article in your hands and you're the proper owner?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    I guess they need the serial number of the watch and some other details before they'll just hand it across. How do they know you have the genuine article in your hands and you're the proper owner?
    Surprisingly not, I wasn't the original owner, I didn't have the original purchase receipt. They wanted the request via email and wanted model ref and serial number, which need to match their database and only the owner making the request should know realistically (mostly!)
    Last edited by trainspanner; 22nd March 2016 at 10:06.

Master
    I contacted Omega about this only the other week. The red inner and white outer box comes as a package for £50.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I contacted Omega about this only the other week. The red inner and white outer box comes as a package for £50.

Thats a bargain !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Thats a bargain !
    Darn well is!!

So the same then.... model and serial number?

Do you have the contact details please?

Perhaps my experience will help here...

A year ago I took my Omega Speedmaster Pro Gemini 4 limited edition (bought without box or papers) into the Omega Boutique in Goldsmiths in Brent Cross. I wanted to know if I could get new papers issued for it. The answer was yes (actually it was "Yes, of course Sir").
    They sent it away to Bienne to be validated as genuine, and in due course it was returned with new cards and a Certificate of Authenticity (as it's a Limited Edition).

The whole exercise cost me £125.00, and probably added £300 to the value of the set.

Because it's a fairly unusual LE, they were not able to sell me a correct replacement box. In your case buying a generic red Omega box on eBay shouldn't be difficult or expensive...

Hope that helps.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    That's very good to know. They frequently sell for much more on eBay (or on SC) - and there are lots of fake boxes around.

Master
    ebay they seem to be seventy quid plus and that's for a tatty sample.

£50 from Omega sounds a decent deal.

Master
    Omega aren't as bad for "parts" as you may think. Half link for my 1610 bracelet was only £20 from Omega. If I was having problems acquiring one they also offered to have it sent to Southampton and fitted at no cost to me (so I only had to pay for the link). Their customer service has been excellent in the dealings I have had with them over the last year.

Master

New box now on order!

Excellent service. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

New box now on order!

Excellent service. :-)

Master
    Quick update. Having spoken with Omega UK, the replacement box price seems correct but the cost to replace a missing warranty card is as I suspected now a less palatable £100, not the tempting £50 it was in 2012.

Grand Master
    Waste of money IMO. The box gets packed away and the 'papers' aren`t the originals. Some folks get a warm fuzzy feeling from having stuff like this, personally I focus on the watch itself and it's condition.

I have a drawer full of watch boxes in storage, I actually think they're a nuisance! Why does a small item like a watch need a box like a coffin?......it doesn`t, it's all to enhance the 'buying experience'.

There was a time when watch boxes were small and entirely functional...........those days are long gone.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 22nd March 2016 at 18:37.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Waste of money IMO. The box gets packed away and the 'papers' aren`t the originals. Some folks get a warm fuzzy feeling from having stuff like this, personally I focus on the watch itself and it's condition. Paul
    Well that depends,Paul. In my case I made an outlay of £125; when I subsequently sold the watch I got at least £300 more for it from the dealer...

Simon

Thanks all for the reply. I dont intend to sell at any time so I think the answer for me is to leave it for now but if I ever look to trade it in or sell it get this sorted out then.
    Regards, Rob.