closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Divers..

Craftsman

Seiko Divers..

I'v accidentally ended up with four of them.

I enjoy and wear them all but I'v had a desire for a decent matte dial sub for a while and every now and then I get the urge to cash them all in and put the money towards a 5513 or 1680.. But I'd regret it... wouldn't I ?
    Last edited by omarcomarco; 9th March 2016 at 13:26.

Master
    You would, from a 8119 owner.

Very nice - I'd keep em
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    I couldn't choose between them, they all offer something a little different.. of course to any sane person they all look virtually identical :-)

Grand Master
    i think i need a marine master...
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    These are my watch pron mag 'centrefolds' ;-) Ive only reached the srp655 level so far but.....

Nice little collection :)

A very nice collection indeed.
    Where do you go from here...? Maybe you sell them (and regret it) or maybe you need more! There's a lot of Seiko divers out there, both vintage and modern. It can get obsessive.

As a very satisfied Seiko diver owner with three out of four of the same models I'd stick with what you've got there - Rolex are great watches but something special about Seiko too - in house movements right down to the oil used, and if like me you occasionally have to travel to ports and harbours in less respectable parts of the world you're a heck of a lot less likely to attract unwelcome attention with a Marine Master on your wrist than a Rolex, whilst having the internal knowledge that you're wearing one of the best watches in the world.
    Steve

You've chosen 4 of the best. I find the Tuna in particular has bags of character.

Why not get a nice matt dial Seiko like a 6306?

They are all sooooo nice!!!
    Keep them all please!

Ripe for a 62MAS?

Craftsman
    thanks for the nice words everyone, I love all of them and they're going nowhere for now!

You've a great collection there, imagine yourself 6 months from now minus the Seiko's but with a 5513.... Hmm
    I've also been tempted to sell my little Heuer and Seiko collection for a Sea dweller actually but haven't. I think you've made the right choice FWIW

Lovely watches.
    And a lovely 7c43 there..

Master
    Blog Entries

I have found I have far more than I need!

I got up to 7 at one point, then sold them all to fund my first Breitling purchase.

Still very tempted by an MM, though...

Simon

I only have three Seiko's, a Tuna a Tiger Tuna & a Monster, do I need more??

It's the hands on the MM that does it for me.
    So restrained and actually quite elegant.
    Most Seiko diver hands are silly shapes (to my eyes). Tapered, necked, arrow-headed, with oversize pinion ends etc etc. It just doesn't do it for me, but the MM hands are near perfect. A simple taper. Really nice.

D

Master
    love the sctratched up pepsi - thats how they should look... a proper tool which is used each day!!

Journeyman
    Is there anywhere in the UK that sells Tunas? It seems like a bit of a marmite design, and while they've grown on me over the years I'm not sure I want to throw money at one without trying it on first.

The only other option is to keep an eye out for a bargain and flip it if it feels like a hockey puck. Or a tuna can.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I only have three Seiko's, a Tuna a Tiger Tuna & a Monster, do I need more??
    Of course you do
    I have a (rareish) kinetic tuna, a TST, 2 H558's, A 7548 7000 and a couple of 7546 mods- love em

Blog Entries
    I've tried Rolex twice and a Tudor sub once but I don't get the tingle.
    There is something special about SEIKOs that Rolex doesn't have.

Craftsman
    I know what you mean, I had a 14060 sub and a Tudor snowflake but let them both go after a while. I couldn't get on with the shiny plot surrounds on the 14060, it just felt wrong. The snowflake was fab and I should have kept it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooty View Post
    Is there anywhere in the UK that sells Tunas? It seems like a bit of a marmite design, and while they've grown on me over the years I'm not sure I want to throw money at one without trying it on first.

The only other option is to keep an eye out for a bargain and flip it if it feels like a hockey puck. Or a tuna can.
    Just buy from SC or another forum like WUS and flip it if you don't like it.

I don't think there's any AD in the UK for these.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooty View Post

Depends on what your used to -every tuna I've had has sat very well and not 'like a hockey puck'

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Depends on what your used to -every tuna I've had has sat very well and not 'like a hockey puck'
    I get on with big watches pretty well, had a few 44mms that look fine on my wrist. But occasionally I come across a few photos that give me pause, like:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2326119

That's a nice collection of Seiko's. I'd keep them.

In terms of wrist presence here's a couple of my SBBN013 Darth Tuna on my 7.5" wrist. The Darth sits higher on the wrist than the 300m Tuna versions do, so probably the most hockey-puck like of the Tunas, but it isn't too extreme and I find it a very comfortable watch, helped by the lightness of the titanium case. The only version I've owned that felt too big & heavy on my wrist was the 'Emperor Tuna' with 8L35 movement same as MM300, it's quite a beast ;)
    Cheers
    Steve

Can't beat a tuna.
    Sapphire crystal upgrade available too.