closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Another inane thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

Suspect the list engendered complacency.
    Is that one up or one down from transgendered complacency?

Sewill Maximus' musings on communicating via lemon juice has reminded me that I managed to print out my username on one of their braille stenographs:

Helen Keller has nothing on those from the Circus.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 16th January 2020 at 19:00.

This morning Mrs grey drove me and our two dogs to Linton Lock, which is near RAF Linton on Ouse, to drop us off for a walk.

On the way, Hattie, our Lakeland, who was sitting on my knee, turned to our Fell Terrier, Russell, who was sitting in the back, and said 'I've checked the fuel load. I reckon we're on for the Big One. Bremen'.

Shortly afterwards Russell prodded my wife on the shoulder and said 'Just passing over the Dutch coast, Skipper'.

Do your dogs talk like actors in old war films?

Next door claim their cat is a reincarnation of King Alfred. Despite this he never asks 'hwǣr is se feltūn, bidde?' and still craps on my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    This morning Mrs grey drove me and our two dogs to Linton Lock, which is near RAF Linton on Ouse, to drop us off for a walk.

On the way, Hattie, our Lakeland, who was sitting on my knee, turned to our Fell Terrier, Russell, who was sitting in the back, and said 'I've checked the fuel load. I reckon we're on for the Big One. Bremen'.

Shortly afterwards Russell prodded my wife on the shoulder and said 'Just passing over the Dutch coast, Skipper'.

Do your dogs talk like actors in old war films?

Yes my dog Neville frequently asks me; "How are you getting on with the low flying?

Quote Originally Posted by findo-400 View Post
    Yes my dog Neville frequently asks me; "How are you getting on with the low flying?
    Wow! Is he named after Neville Duke, the famous test pilot, and asking about your own progress?

Or perhaps named after Neville Chamberlain and asking how the aircraft noise protest is going?

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    Next door claim their cat is a reincarnation of King Alfred. Despite this he never asks 'hwǣr is se feltūn, bidde?' and still craps on my lawn.
    If he was watching Look North from Leeds tonight, I can understand his bowel movements. Apparently Camelot is really just outside Huddersfield and not in the balmy south.

If he was watching Look North from Leeds tonight, I can understand his bowel movements. Apparently Camelot is really just outside Huddersfield and not in the balmy south.
    Perhaps they've confused Alfred with Arthur. Not surprising he can't understand 9th century Saxon.

Perhaps they've confused Alfred with Arthur. Not surprising he can't understand 9th century Saxon.
    It's me that's confused. Remind me, which one burned the spider?

It's me that's confused. Remind me, which one burned the spider?
    King Arthur of Camelot

King Alfred of Wessex

Last edited by bonzo697; 1st April 2016 at 20:02.

If the speaking cat in question says 'Hello playmates', that'll be Arthur.

Thanks Bonzo, got it now. Would recogise them anywhere. Of course it was Colin the Bruce what was fascinated by spiders.

Who was the one what went to the seaside and tried (in vain!) to make the tide come in so he could enjoy himself?
    Last edited by grey; 2nd April 2016 at 09:57.

Even if it is passing mot at 18, your still better off getting a newer one with NCAP 5 star crash test results.
    I would rather go for safe over money saving mate. My car is 5 star and it was 2.5k 3 years ago and now about 1.5k

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    If the speaking cat in question says 'Hello playmates', that'll be Arthur.
    Warmed to Arthur when he told the story how he'd once wasted a few minutes in a news theatre at a station before the war. The cinema played a clip of him singing 'The Bee Song'.

A woman sitting in front of him turned to her companion and said 'Is he deformed?.

Not long before his death he played opposite Wendy Craig in pantomime. 'I played her husband' he said 'in name only'.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Even if it is passing mot at 18, your still better off getting a newer one with NCAP 5 star crash test results.
    I would rather go for safe over money saving mate. My car is 5 star and it was 2.5k 3 years ago and now about 1.5k
    A winner. Puts everything in this thread into the shade. Time to pack up.

Thanks Bonzo, got it now. Would recogise them anywhere. Of course it was Colin the Bruce what was fascinated by spiders.

Who was the one what went to the seaside and tried (in vain!) to make the tide come in so he could enjoy himself?
    King Cnut (not a typo) His grandad was Bluetooth, and apparently he was “exceptionally tall and strong, and the handsomest of men, all except for his nose”.

Last edited by bonzo697; 2nd April 2016 at 20:52.

Seriously impressed I am.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Wow! Is he named after Neville Duke, the famous test pilot, and asking about your own progress?
    Unfortunately not, if he was named after him he would've possibly been called Duke. However, if the famous test pilot genre was to be used here it would Eric...

Or perhaps named after Neville Chamberlain and asking how the aircraft noise protest is going?
    and if after him, it would have been Arthur.

No, Neville was named after the previous dog. (Best to keep things simple here.) The previous dog chose the name Neville himself. We never knew why but he was fond of firing marbles and bouncing them off the surface of the water contained in basins in the garden. The kids loved it. Kept 'em amused for hours.
    Last edited by findo-400; 2nd April 2016 at 10:53.

We are not worthy.

There is an Honda for sale on SC. Just saying.

I recon we'd get by OK if we had lobster hands.

(Karl Pilkington)

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    There is an Honda for sale on SC. Just saying.
    An? Viva la Honda?

I've mentioned this to our fell terrier "Nipper'', who frankly seemed disinterested, though his ears pricked at the idea of a raid on Bremen, he tends to favour the rear parcel shelf of the car, leading me to believe he has the makings an excellent rear gunner.

ˆˆ Proper inane!

[QUOTE=Possu;3925566]An? Viva la Honda?[QUOTE]

Definitely "An" and a Viva is la Vauxhall not an Honda.

This Honda in the SC, not Colin per chance?

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I've mentioned this to our fell terrier "Nipper'', who frankly seemed disinterested, though his ears pricked at the idea of a raid on Bremen, he tends to favour the rear parcel shelf of the car, leading me to believe he has the makings an excellent rear gunner.
    Tell Nipper we are 'crewing up' at Linton at 0730 tomorrow and Hattie says we're looking for a tail gunner. (Quad Brownings preferred).

However Russell is a bit concerned about Fifth Columnists and is worried that 'Nipper' may not be a fell terrier at all, but actually a Black Labrador, usually known as Ni**er from old pre-PC Kenneth More RAF war films.

Needs to prove identity, old chap e.g. Who scored the winner in the 1935 Cup Final?, who coxed for Cambridge in '36 , you know the sort of thing.

Otherwise, bang on with the deceptive 'Reply with quote'.

However Russell is a bit concerned about Fifth Columnists and is worried that 'Nipper' may not be a fell terrier at all, but actually a Black Labrador, usually known as Ni**er from old pre-PC Kenneth More RAF war films.
    Nipper looks nothing like N#**#r and assures me Guy Gibson's black lab, though probably a brave crew member was unsuitable for night ops due to being a tubby black lab.

I had ramson soup with Finnish black pudding (you know who you are!) and a poached egg for breakfast this morning.

I shared some of the sausage with Paul the Corgi/Jack Russell cross who, incidentally, thinks that any dog with an asterisk or ampersand in their name is unacceptably effeminate.

This leads to the obvious question; do you eat the skin on your black pudding?
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 16th January 2020 at 19:02.

That looks like it has already been eaten once before.

I had some black pudding with my breakfast this morning.
    I didn't share any with my dog Rudy.

I had to fit new spark plugs in servicing the car this morning. Black pudding wasn't involved in this task.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    .... who, incidentally, thinks that any dog with an asterisk or ampersand in their name is unacceptably effeminate.

This leads to the obvious question; do you eat the skin on your black pudding?

Both Ni**er and N#**#r approached me after briefing, totally independent of each other to insist that neither of them are 'ginger beers' and won't let the crew down, but asked if 'C-B had been with SOE in the field too long and gone native'?

Autocorreçt on my phone just tried to make me write "gaping" when I was trying to write "hashtag". Another option offered was "haptic" which I'll have to look up.

Note also the bizarre spelling of "autocorreçt" that the mad thing insists on.

It's supposed to be raining now, but it isn't.

Were you chatting to someone about their level of intelligence and they punched you in the face, you could call that haptic communication.

Early in the week to be learning something new.

but asked if 'C-B had been with SOE in the field too long and gone native'?
    I have a feeling that your two wild cards may have a point. I haven't worn my bowler hat for some considerable time - even for Remembrance Sunday.

17 quid for a glass of mediocre bubbly that's a bit rich even by this crazy place standards, having said that I might try that TSUMburger

It's supposed to be raining now, but it isn't.
    I spoke too soon and despite having an umbrella I got water in my shoes.

You must be quite relieved?

^ I am, as I'd already removed the cover from my umbrella. According to the local report it should have stopped by now but it hasn't.

If your umbrella could keep water from your shoes it would be, by my estimation, too big a brolly!

It rained here a little earlier. I got the washing in but it stopped raining later, however I left the washing indoors on a large clothes horse, it seemed a wise precaution as it's still rather grey out and it could well rain again.
    F.T.F.A.

I think I may have got water in my shoes when I tried to avoid another umbrella carrier and trod in a puddle.

^ I am, as I'd already removed the cover from my umbrella. According to the local report it should have stopped by now but it hasn't.
    Since my prostate operation, my umbrella rules are:
    1. If the water in my shoes is cold, I raise it, albeit a bit late.
    2. If it's not cold I point the brolly and shout 'over there', before shuffling off in the opposite direction.

Bit of an issue if I'm in the library of course.
    Last edited by grey; 4th April 2016 at 13:48.

Our old library wasn't purpose built but the new one is. (I haven't been in either as I've already got some books).

Had bit of a shaker the other day. Read in the Daily Mail that our Big Brother government is trying to control us with subliminal messages and all that mullarkey, on TV.

Load of rubbish, I thought. Then in one of the breaks in 'Grantchester' on ITV there was an advert for Ariel detergent capsules or whatever.

And there on the screen, large as life, it said 'Keep away from children'.

Now my leaving the church choir was a long time ago and concerned the vicar's wife and the missing Christmas Club money, and nothing more.

But it's quite worrying, nonetheless, don't you think?

I always preferred Omo to Tide but these days I like Daz. (Sadly they've stopped selling the twin-tub version in Waitrose).

Had bit of a shaker the other day. Read in the Daily Mail that our Big Brother government is trying to control us with subliminal messages and all that mullarkey, on TV.

Load of rubbish, I thought. Then in one of the breaks in 'Grantchester' on ITV there was an advert for Ariel detergent capsules or whatever.

And there on the screen, large as life, it said 'Keep away from children'.

Now my leaving the church choir was a long time ago and concerned the vicar's wife and the missing Christmas Club money, and nothing more.

But it's quite worrying, nonetheless, don't you think?
    A simple piece of advice, they tend to be loud, sticky and generally unruly, I steer well clear at all times, children that is, the government are much the same but quite hard to avoid in this tiny nation of ours

I've just bought some Pastrami but I might put it in the freezer.

I've just bought some Pastrami but I might put it in the freezer.
    Forgot to add that the postman has been already (he was in a van today) but he didn't deliver anything.

Toilets on Swiss Air short haul flights are so narrow one needs to decide in advance whether enter it face first or reverse there.