closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 14060 for sale

Apprentice

Rolex 14060 for sale

Working out in the Gulf (Saudi) at the moment. There are a number of stores here which sell used Rolexes; none of them are official dealers, and the prices are good. Usual selection of Oyster/Date Perpetuals, most of which look like they were gifts and never worn. I've always fancied a sub as a beater to wear on a nato strap for work and yesterday I looked at a Sub with a scratched bezel; the shopkeeper only wants 12000 Riyals for it (2200 GBP or around 3300 USD), which seems very cheap to me. It comes with the paperwork, from one of the two main Rolex dealers in Bahrain, which location wise makes some sense. I also get the impression that a plain sub, isn't really what Saudi men want to wear!

I took some crappy iphone pictures. The fact the lume on the hands doesn't match the dial worry's me...what do you people think?

IMG_7794 by Joe Sheffer, on Flickr

IMG_7793 by Joe Sheffer, on Flickr

IMG_7792 by Joe Sheffer, on Flickr
    Last edited by CameraJoe; 1st March 2016 at 22:35.

Master
    I'm no expert with this but will not take the risk of buying that mainly because of the actual watch condition... I wish Mr Haywood will be around as He knows pretty much when it comes to Rolex...

Those hands do look off and the bracelet looks like it has a fair bit of stretch. I'd avoid personally.

one to walk away from, by the looks of things

Pop the back. Could have a citizen movement

Master
    Tritium dial, luminova hands (service replacements) and a fairly well worn case and bracelet. However, it does have papers.

I'd say the price was fair for a beater. Chuck it on a NATO and enjoy the hell out of it while sending the bracelet off to Michael Young for a refurb.....

Apprentice
    Got to be worth spending a small amount more for a watch that has seen some 'love' I imagine?

Taking into account the condition and the VAT on bringing it back to the UK, that is no great bargain.

That watch has seen a bit of life, hasn't it? Mind you, for just over 2 grand I wouldn't be expecting a minter.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    I'm no expert with this but will not take the risk of buying that mainly because of the actual watch condition... I wish Mr Haywood will be around as He knows pretty much when it comes to Rolex...
    Not sure if you are referring to me, but I'll comment just in case.

Dial looks okay but it's a slightly low-rez image. Hands indeed may have been replaced and the bracelet looks quite badly worn. It should be a 93150 Oyster Fliplock. £2,200 would perhaps be a cheap watch if that were all that were wrong with it. Can you check if the case and model number are fully visible between the lugs and that they match the papers? Have you confirmed that it has the 3000 calibre movement inside?

If you buy it and you find subsequently that it has been misdescribed, would you be able to return to them for recourse or a refund? Now that I have given an opinion based on a single photo, which is clearly insufficient by which to judge any watch, I would happily check it over for you in person if you could get it to me.

Sometimes bargains do turn up, but more usually a very cheap watch at a dealer is, in fact, cheap for a reason. Making sure you understand the reason is vital.

Don't underestimate the value of bracelet and hands; I would suggest over £1,000 for new replacements of these parts.

Haywood M
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 2nd March 2016 at 02:40.

Master
    Not sure if you are referring to me, but I'll comment just in case.

I was indeed Sir. Thank You...

The 4 on the bezel insert isn't a 'Flat 4' it points up to a V at the end, I think original would be Flat, ( happy to be corrected )

Master
    Insert looks fine to me and matches the one on mine. The trit pip has aged at the same rate as the dial.

Hilton Maywood saves the day again...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Hilton Maywood saves the day again...
    If I had a mil sub for every time.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    If I had a mil sub for every time.....
    You do don't you?