closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Camille Fournet + JLC

Blog Entries

Camille Fournet + JLC

Camille Fournet makes the original straps for Jaeger-LeCoultre, Cartier and some other "premium" Swiss brands. They are considered to be one of the best strap manufacturers in the business. Through their website you are able to custom order watch straps and that's what I did 2 weeks ago.

The original strap for the Jaeger-LeCoultre Deep Sea Chronograph is 21/20mm which I think is a little too obstructing, so I ordered a 21/18mm strap in the same style but in a "sailcloth" material (not available online but through their customer service). The strap was ordered in the same vintage shape as the original strap and looks a lot like the strap that comes with the JLC DSC Cermet.

Since it tapers to 18mm instead of 20mm I wasn't able to use the original buckle but I was able to buy a buckle from an original tropicstrap from a fellow collector.

A good fit I'd say and I'm guessing the strap is OK to swim with as well.

Buying a custom CF strap is actually a smart way to order a cheaper original JLC band and the customer service usually has the measurements in their system. Double check the specs however because the gave me the wrong specs once.

The strap looks great and very similar to the OEM

Nice result; CF is quality.

They did a custom ostrich strap for me a few years ago, and I was pleased with their attention to detail:

There is a boutique in Paris not far from place de la Concorde and also shop-in-shops in the big department stores, if anyone fancies picking up a strap during a visit.

Very nice indeed - I was slightly disappointed with the OEM when I owned mine, that's a big improvement.

I have in my time made a couple of mistakes on the CF ordering system though; their on screen colours aren't much a representation of the real life leathers! I'm sure they do the best they can though...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Very nice indeed - I was slightly disappointed with the OEM when I owned mine, that's a big improvement.

I have in my time made a couple of mistakes on the CF ordering system though; their on screen colours aren't much a representation of the real life leathers! I'm sure they do the best they can though...
    Well, my first attempt was a epic failure. Ogle "brushed canvas" and this is NOT what you will see. :D

Mir was an expensive lesson for sure and next time I order from them I will email and ask for pictures first.

I just received a custom made CF strap for my JLC. I readily admit I made a mistake on the lug width - I ordered 22 instead of 21mm. But they have a section asking you to put the model in, which I completed in full. So I am a little disappointed they didn't pick up on the mis-match and email me for clarification.

The strap is well made, was made & delivered in less than a week and I have squeezed it on the watch, so not a complete waste of money

But be careful when ordering. If you email them they will give you a screen shot of the options you need to choose for a specific watch.

Master

Yes,

I've been looking at their website recently for a custom made Alligator strap for a new incoming, but not confident that the colour that I order is what I hope to receive.

I'm in the process of e-mailing them to request some photos to hopefully get a more accurate idea.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Didn't know they offered a sailcloth as a custom option. Thanks!

Craftsman
    I have been on their website with different permutations.

However as mentioned earlier it is hard to judge the colour.

Can I ask the cost of the sail cloth strap and did you have a choice of thickness?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiloman View Post
    I have been on their website with different permutations.

However as mentioned earlier it is hard to judge the colour.

Can I ask the cost of the sail cloth strap and did you have a choice of thickness?

Thanks.
    When you custom order you can choose everything, including the thickness. Price was about €200.

Journeyman
    Looks great on a sailcloth, actually reminds me of the Fifty Fathoms which comes with a similar strap.